2013 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 358 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Good, reliable, no-frills car

By on Monday, June 15, 2015

Pros: "Handling, gas mileage, reliabilitity, VW"

Cons: "Technology, lack of standard features,"

"I have had my Jetta for 1.5 years now. I still enjoy driving it and it is certainly reliable. I have not had one mechanical problem. It also survived just fine in the 2014-2015 Maine winter. My biggest complaints are in regards to the instrument panel and radio display. The panel is very bland to say the least and the display's response time (i.e. how long it takes the system to recognize I just changed the radio station) is slow. It acts like technology from 10 years ago. In an effort to stay within my budget I sacrificed Bluetooth, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, alloy wheels, and heated seats. Even still, for a car that cost about $22,000 I think this trim level should have Bluetooth, better technology, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Overall, if you are looking for an affordable compact car that provides a European and classy driving experience, this car could suit you well."

I love VW

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

"My 3rd Volkswagen I currently own and I love it. I will never own anything besides a VW"

value is artificially low due to VP scandal

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2016

"This was a wonderful car. Great handling, unbelievable miles/gal diesel. When I both it the resale was extremely high. Cars with 100k miles were still going for $20k, especially when gas was $4+. Thanks to the VW scandal the value of this car has plummeted. Thanks VW I paid a premium price for a car that you destroyed. Would I recommend this car. How do you recommend a car that you can not buy anymore."

nearly everything I wanted

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, versitle size, good fuel mileage."

Cons: "Turbo lag,"

"I traded my 2005 Jetta TDI wagon for this 2011 car and even though the 2005 was a good car for my needs this 2011 was a great change. The 2005 got better fuel mileage but the 2011 has more power, more comfort, better handling, and more rear passenger room. I would gladly take a trip in this car with four adults. This diesel really pulls away from traffic lights and in general is great to drive in traffic. Interstate driving is effortless and requires attention to your speed or you will find yourself north of the speed limit. There is some turbo lag that takes some adjustment but is not a real issue."

Awesome car and great fuel milage

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Milage, Fender Audio, Navigation, Power, Handling"

Cons: "Turbo Lag, and diesel smell after filling up."

"I just purchased my new 2013 VW Jetta TDI 3-4 weeks ago and now have 1800 miles. So far the car has been amazing. The engine delivers the necessary power, although there is some slight turbo lag. The Fender Audio system and Navigation are awesome, I've always installed subs in the past but will be sticking with this sound system. The car also handles amazing, it hugs corners and the seats keep you in place. I have no complaints about this car except I hate trying to keep my baby clean:/"