2012 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 357 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

value is artificially low due to VP scandal

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2016

"This was a wonderful car. Great handling, unbelievable miles/gal diesel. When I both it the resale was extremely high. Cars with 100k miles were still going for $20k, especially when gas was $4+. Thanks to the VW scandal the value of this car has plummeted. Thanks VW I paid a premium price for a car that you destroyed. Would I recommend this car. How do you recommend a car that you can not buy anymore."

nearly everything I wanted

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, versitle size, good fuel mileage."

Cons: "Turbo lag,"

"I traded my 2005 Jetta TDI wagon for this 2011 car and even though the 2005 was a good car for my needs this 2011 was a great change. The 2005 got better fuel mileage but the 2011 has more power, more comfort, better handling, and more rear passenger room. I would gladly take a trip in this car with four adults. This diesel really pulls away from traffic lights and in general is great to drive in traffic. Interstate driving is effortless and requires attention to your speed or you will find yourself north of the speed limit. There is some turbo lag that takes some adjustment but is not a real issue."

Awesome car and great fuel milage

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Milage, Fender Audio, Navigation, Power, Handling"

Cons: "Turbo Lag, and diesel smell after filling up."

"I just purchased my new 2013 VW Jetta TDI 3-4 weeks ago and now have 1800 miles. So far the car has been amazing. The engine delivers the necessary power, although there is some slight turbo lag. The Fender Audio system and Navigation are awesome, I've always installed subs in the past but will be sticking with this sound system. The car also handles amazing, it hugs corners and the seats keep you in place. I have no complaints about this car except I hate trying to keep my baby clean:/"

High Gas Mileage BUT High Wind Noise

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"The diesel works as advertised. Plenty of pick up and great mileage. In fact, I would be hard pressed to not go with a diesel going forward. However, there is a persistent wind noise problem (above 60 mph) that has a recall on it. I have had it in the shop 2 times to address this issue and it is no better. If you do a lot of highway travel as I do and you have blue tooth in the Jetta you purchase be prepared for people to ask you about the background noise. This is more than a mere a nuisance noise...it effects the driving experience on the highway. I'd encourage you to google "2011 jetta wind noise problems" and see what you come up with. No issues at all with the car in town."

Superb Vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Pros: "Unbeatable gas mileage"

Cons: "Some interior design and durability issues"

"I drive 140 miles every day. In snow, this car attacks the snow. In rain, it avoids hydroplaning. In windy conditions, it holds to its lane with minor impact. I deal with crazy drivers on a daily basis--it gives me quick acceleration when I need it and safe deceleration as well. You simply cannot beat the gas mileage. It designed with German efficiency and a touch of style. My only regret is that the seats are having a tough time withstanding the crayon, dirty feet, spilled milk launched daily by my 5 year old from the back seat."