2012 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 355 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

2017 VW Jetta SE Manual - Pure White/Titan Black

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, Road Noise, Features, Fuel Mileage, Price"

Cons: "Horsepower/Torque.. but thats asking for a lot"

"I ended up buying this car for under $17,500 new. For the price, it was a great decision. Many fault the Jetta for the lack of design appeal, but it looks as sharp as any compact car in my opinion. The leatherette seats are comfortable, and as an SE it has all the options I could ask for. Even some I don't use (blind spot indicators, Sirius XM radio, etc.) could appeal to others who would use them. I drove from central Pennsylvania to southern North Carolina on 15/16ths of a tank. It only cost $27.00 to completely refill the tank. What a great investment for a commuter car. It is comfortable, up to date, and sips fuel. You cannot beat this car for what I paid. Hands down the best decision I made all year long."

Great for a first car!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pros: "great car! Reliable! good on gas! comfortable ride"

Cons: "no backseat air vents"

"If you are looking for a car for a car for just yourself or for your child, I highly recommend! They drive so smooth and make for a good ride! The only con I would have to say about this car is that there are no air vents for your passengers in the back seat, which is pretty odd. There is vents at their feet but that is all. Also if you are looking for something good on gas you're looking in the right spot! The price for these cars are very reasonable. I have owned one for nearly a year, a family friend recommend them and I have truly fell in love with it! This car is more so for a college student or someone who doesn't plan on having a pile of people ride (just because of the air in the car)."

Loving Every sMile

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "clean, easy to drive, smooth ride"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I bought this car used and have put 40k miles on it. AC Fan went out, replaced under warrenty. That's been the only major issue in the car. It runs great, cool AC, nice leather seats. Very sporty. Not the best get up and go, but it's a good balance between fuel economy and power. I didn't get the loaded options so display from the onboard computers is limited. This is easily solved by OBD2 sensor connected to an android cell phone for only $25 versus the $1000 or so it would cost from the VW."

Awesome to drive very comfortable

By on Monday, October 8, 2012

Pros: "great off the line great in stop and go traffic"

Cons: "to much cabin noise"

"My last two cars were Civic's and I thought they were great until I purchased this car. I am very happy with this investment. I look for reasons to take long drives. I would rather have this car than a Silver Cloud."

Very happy with purchase - 2015 Jetta SE 1.8T

By on Monday, February 20, 2017

"No regrets on this purchase. Purchased new and gets driven about 2500 miles per month. Acceleration is above average for this class of car and the interior is very well put together and comfortable. I am 6-1 and 230 pounds and I am very comfortable in the car. A couple of nits, it would be nice to have automatic headlights and power driver seats as a typical option on the SE. keyless entry is a little clunky compared to other cars I own. One of the most impressive things is the mileage this car delivers. In a combination highway/city (5:1) the car consistently gets high 30s sometimes low 40s MPG. I recommend this vehicle for heavy commuters."

2017 Jetta S

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Pros: "Value"

Cons: "heat and a/c"

"I have owned this car for 4 months now. Car seems solidly built.Gas mileage has been up to 42 on the highway and I have averaged 36 mpg overall.Sits a little low for me but maybe fine for most people.Seems roomier than a lot of other smaller cars.The factory tires do not look like they will be good in snow probably more for gas mileage.Not sure about the HVAC maybe the cars weak point.Takes sometime to really heat the interior and with little experience yet I think a/c may be weak also.Considering the price I paid I feel it was one of the better values for a new car."

awesome and fun

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

"I got this car mostly for the mileage. It says 42 highway but I got my average up to 48. I enjoy the handeling, theaudio and just about everything else"

Lost German dynamics in its American conversion

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "VW phylosophy in the way they desing and build car"

Cons: "Would like it to handle like my old Jetta"

"Does not handle road as well as our previous Jetta, but still superior to Toyota or Honda and definitely better than Nissan."

Lots of Torque - Great Fuel Economy

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Good fuel economy"

Cons: "No ACC position on iginition, no engine temp guage"

"So I purchased this car in July and have already put over 10,000 miles on it. I have driven the car from Washington to Michigan and back to Washington then out to Wisconsin. I have seen 50mpg while driving the long roud trip and I usually get around 35mpg in town and 45 on the highway. This diesel has a lot of torque for its size and the 6m trans is really nice. Easy gear shifting and good ratios. I would recommend this car to someone who does lots of highway driving or just wants a relaiable engine with good fuel economy. Oil changes are every 10,000 miles (after the warrenty is up I will be doing them every 7,000) but that is still better than most vehicles out there."

my fourth VW JETTA,BY FAR THE BEST ONE YET

By on Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Pros: "roomy, safe, huge trunk,awesome mpg,solid feel"

Cons: "base model seats are little thin,kinda off stiff."

"I have driven VW CARS FOR MANY YEARS NOW. The 2017 Jetta is a well engineered German automobile. Do not let the price suggest this is a budget car, its not ! If you get a feel for the powerband this car is very zippy and sure footed.All the other stuff like a huge trunk, high safety ratings,roomy cabin with usable options are just icing on the cake....and VW is offering some great deals lease or purchase....I dont miss my MZB or BMW anymore..."