2012 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 355 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Its a Kick to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Pros: "Styling, Seats, Mileage, Infotainment System, Ride"

Cons: "I wish they made this model with a Sunroof."

"1.8T is great on gas and snappy. I drive a manual. Uses Regular. Seats are comfortable and supportive. Controls are easy to locate. Apple Car Play is Great! Car is roomy enough for 4. Fun to drive. Handles well in all kinds of weather. Great bang for your buck!"

Very happy with purchase - 2015 Jetta SE 1.8T

By on Monday, February 20, 2017

"No regrets on this purchase. Purchased new and gets driven about 2500 miles per month. Acceleration is above average for this class of car and the interior is very well put together and comfortable. I am 6-1 and 230 pounds and I am very comfortable in the car. A couple of nits, it would be nice to have automatic headlights and power driver seats as a typical option on the SE. keyless entry is a little clunky compared to other cars I own. One of the most impressive things is the mileage this car delivers. In a combination highway/city (5:1) the car consistently gets high 30s sometimes low 40s MPG. I recommend this vehicle for heavy commuters."

Love the car - concerned about reliability

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

Pros: "Handling, acceleration, rear seat and trunk room"

Cons: "Electronic problem right out of the gate"

"We needed a second car and found the Jetta SE very similar to our Audi A4 for about half the price. Great handling, better acceleration and transmission shifting than the A4, more rear seat room, same huge trunk. On the downside, Hazard Warning system failed at 200 miles and dealer advises there is a long process to go through before VW will authorize repair. Service manager said there have been quite a few problems with the system. If it hadn't come with the Hazard Warning system, so that it couldn't have failed, I would count this as my best new car purchase in over 40 years."

Fantastic vehicle, mileage above expectations...

By on Saturday, October 29, 2016

Pros: "Economical to drive, handles nice"

Cons: "Needs a rear window wiper as stock item"

"I really like this car. Exceeded my expectations, especially in performance and high altitude driving. Handles well. 2 issues. 1.) Low beam burned out at 48K, RH side. 2.) The CARB/EPA issue VW is dealing with. I am NOT turning my car in, and opted for the repair/fix IF it gets approved. IF VW comes up with fix and does NOT destroy the mileage and performance, I will be happy. If it runs like an 83 Rabbit Diesel after fix, I will unload it............. For now, drives excellent and I enjoy it. I drove from Sacramento Ca. to Los Angeles on 8 gallons of fuel. I wish I had bought one with Fog Lamps for night driving. Fold the rear seats down, and you can sleep in the trunk!"

Best North American made Volkswagen ever!!

By on Sunday, July 3, 2016

Pros: "The back seat is huge."

Cons: "NONE"

"Test drove 4 cars. Hyundai Sonata, Chevy Cruze, Toyota Corolla, Volkswagen Jetta. The Jetta was not the best value in my book, but the lumbar support is what sold my wife on this VW. The ONLY problem we have had was a blown circuit for the trunk light. The dealer fixed it in 10 min. Only 1 recall in 3 years. In 35 years of buying cars, this is the best one. Plus, the dealer didn't bat an eye when we said we wanted certain options and a certain color. I do know that 125 mph going up Raton Pass is so quiet in this car you don't even realize how fast you're going w/ NO effort. If there was one thing I don't like about this Jetta, its the taillights. This is supposed to be a world-class car. But all Jetta's made in Mexico for the North American market have red turn signal lenses. They should be amber colored to be correct!"