2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Very good value for money. Fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"Engine response excellent. High crowd appeal. Comfortable and fun to drive. Very fuel efficient. Excellent interior design and safety features. Low maintenance cost"

Perfect mix of sport and luxury

By on Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, classy & sporty"

Cons: "DSG start from stop lags a bit, no HID headlights"

"I was looking far and wide for a mid-sized car that offered premium features at a reasonable price. I knew Jettas existed and I knew GTIs existed... But I didn't know that they had a baby together: the GLI. It has the perfect mix of sport and luxury that really caught my attention. The look is classy and professional with a look of "I can go fast if I want". Also, I've always admired German cars and after now owning this car, there really is something to it. The quality of the build is far and above the competition and you really can tell with the soft-touch interior and the satisfying sound of the door closing (among a long list of other things). I've had the car going on 3 years now and its running just as good as day 1. Unfortunately the 2012 model does not have the enhanced features that I really wanted that are now available in the newer models: HID headlights, LED running lights, electric driver's seat. Also, the DSG automatic transmission acts funny when you give it gas on a slight incline from the stopped position... the response time seems to be slightly delayed. The car handles great, the sport mode is really fun and the gas mileage is pretty decent, especially on highway. I get an average of 27 mpg (22 city, up to 41 highway)... premium gas. The other thing I love about this car is the HUGE trunk space and great rear seat leg room for this "compact" car. I also really like the sound system."

Power of a V6 gas engine, economy of a Prius.

By on Monday, November 4, 2013

Pros: "Power, fuel economy, no glow plug wait, 6 spd tran"

"I traded a 2004 TDI 5spd for this 2011 TDI 6spd. Fuel economy decreased about 5 mpg with the new car but with worthwhile improvements (increased power, sportier handling). The 6spd at 2000 rpm is 72 mph in the 2011 car vs 60 mph in the 2004 TDI 5spd. Love the navigation, full skylight panel, stereo, and sporty feel. With 38,000 miles so far the car has had zero problems. I can get 52 mpg at 58 mph (AC off) in the summer or 45 mpg at 72 mph (AC off) for highway driving. Winter cold weather with winterized Diesel (gas station mixes #2 and #1 diesel to lower wax point) results in a 6 mpg decrease in fuel economy. There is no waiting for glow plug warmup, the car starts immediately like a gas engine (huge improvement over previous diesels). Love it, so glad I upgraded."

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good Looking, stock speakers rock."

Cons: "hard to work on, cheap interior."

"I owned a 2008 Cobalt and I am disappointed I did not look into Jettas sooner. I am very impressed with the handling. I would of liked to see more quality on the inside of the car. I have switches going into my dashboard area and my accessory plug in the back is broke. Great looking car its got sport but it also has luxury. I can't say I haven't got looks while driving it around town. The seats are so comfortable you can sleep in them. I lay back the seats and I am out in 5 minutes. It has not broke down on me yet (knocking on some wood right now). The only thing I am afraid about is the cost of repairs because of the fact not even walmart sells the air filter or windshield wipers for it."

Best buy in sedans

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy and economical."

Cons: "Needs a few more ponies under the hood"

"The Jetta gives you the interior space of a Mercedes C class with the price of a Korean car. The handling is best in class. The warranty was best in class. The 2.0 liter engine is rated at 114hp, yet you can stay with traffic with no problem, and you can wind it out without stressing the engine. I have exceeded epa gas ratings of 24 and 34 with 28 and 37 mpg. The interior is spacious and comfortable, with the rear seat folding flat for cargo and a trunk you can put a couple of bodies in. Included is a full size spare. No inflation kit or compact spare. The car is fun to drive, period."