2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 345 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Love my car!

By on Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, solid, great price, low maintenance"

Cons: "It won't last forever :("

"In light of all the stigma attached to VW Diesels these days, I still love my car. I tested it two years ago and was able to successfully drive at 70 mph 1,083 miles on one tank of diesel fuel traveling from NC to NH. I probably had another 80 miles I could have driven on the same tank but I didn't want to chance it at that point. My Jetta is a safe, reliable, comfortable six-speed manual with amazing turbo power, a great moonroof and I truly 'got what I paid for.' The car is solid, holds the road well (I got 67K miles on the original tires!), doesn't require much maintainence other than the standard warranty and that covers most everything. I'm at 82K miles on the same set of brake pads and my clutch is holding great. VW makes a great car and although the stigma is here, I still stand with my car as a reliable purchase in 2013, value for dollar. I average 47 mpg city and 55-60 mpg highway. I don't like that I might be polluting the air more than needed but it's still a great car and I know that VWGOA will do right by the people and their cars. I am certain other companies have the same issues but just haven't been caught yet but who am I to judge? I love my car and I think anyone who wants a diesel and a stick should look at the Jettas, a roomy sedan with a sporty feel."

My Second TDI-Love it!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "German design and engineering."

Cons: "Not enough storage compartments."

"This is my second VW TDI. My first was a 2003 Jetta Sedan which was a good car. I just took delivery of the 2012 Jetta TDI Sportwagen. I'm very impressed with the fit and finish. It drives better than most Korean or Japanese imports in the same price range that I test drove prior to getting another VW. The TDI engine will last forever. I know, I had one."

Great for a first car!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pros: "great car! Reliable! good on gas! comfortable ride"

Cons: "no backseat air vents"

"If you are looking for a car for a car for just yourself or for your child, I highly recommend! They drive so smooth and make for a good ride! The only con I would have to say about this car is that there are no air vents for your passengers in the back seat, which is pretty odd. There is vents at their feet but that is all. Also if you are looking for something good on gas you're looking in the right spot! The price for these cars are very reasonable. I have owned one for nearly a year, a family friend recommend them and I have truly fell in love with it! This car is more so for a college student or someone who doesn't plan on having a pile of people ride (just because of the air in the car)."

Loving Every sMile

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "clean, easy to drive, smooth ride"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I bought this car used and have put 40k miles on it. AC Fan went out, replaced under warrenty. That's been the only major issue in the car. It runs great, cool AC, nice leather seats. Very sporty. Not the best get up and go, but it's a good balance between fuel economy and power. I didn't get the loaded options so display from the onboard computers is limited. This is easily solved by OBD2 sensor connected to an android cell phone for only $25 versus the $1000 or so it would cost from the VW."

Super highway cruiser

By on Monday, September 5, 2016

Pros: "Roomy, economical, turbo powered yet super quiet."

Cons: "Bad reputation with the emissions scandal."

"This car is everything I expected it to be. Highway mileage of 42 mpg. Around town mileage of 38 mpg. Smooth quiet ride.The turbo diesel engine has plenty of torque when you really need to get up and go. Passengers often comment on the roominess and quality, and are surprised that it is a VW Jetta. The A/C really handles the South Texas heat with ease, putting out air as cold as 38 degree in the August heat."