2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 355 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Love my car!

By on Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, solid, great price, low maintenance"

Cons: "It won't last forever :("

"In light of all the stigma attached to VW Diesels these days, I still love my car. I tested it two years ago and was able to successfully drive at 70 mph 1,083 miles on one tank of diesel fuel traveling from NC to NH. I probably had another 80 miles I could have driven on the same tank but I didn't want to chance it at that point. My Jetta is a safe, reliable, comfortable six-speed manual with amazing turbo power, a great moonroof and I truly 'got what I paid for.' The car is solid, holds the road well (I got 67K miles on the original tires!), doesn't require much maintainence other than the standard warranty and that covers most everything. I'm at 82K miles on the same set of brake pads and my clutch is holding great. VW makes a great car and although the stigma is here, I still stand with my car as a reliable purchase in 2013, value for dollar. I average 47 mpg city and 55-60 mpg highway. I don't like that I might be polluting the air more than needed but it's still a great car and I know that VWGOA will do right by the people and their cars. I am certain other companies have the same issues but just haven't been caught yet but who am I to judge? I love my car and I think anyone who wants a diesel and a stick should look at the Jettas, a roomy sedan with a sporty feel."

2017 VW Jetta SE Manual - Pure White/Titan Black

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, Road Noise, Features, Fuel Mileage, Price"

Cons: "Horsepower/Torque.. but thats asking for a lot"

"I ended up buying this car for under $17,500 new. For the price, it was a great decision. Many fault the Jetta for the lack of design appeal, but it looks as sharp as any compact car in my opinion. The leatherette seats are comfortable, and as an SE it has all the options I could ask for. Even some I don't use (blind spot indicators, Sirius XM radio, etc.) could appeal to others who would use them. I drove from central Pennsylvania to southern North Carolina on 15/16ths of a tank. It only cost $27.00 to completely refill the tank. What a great investment for a commuter car. It is comfortable, up to date, and sips fuel. You cannot beat this car for what I paid. Hands down the best decision I made all year long."

Great for a first car!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pros: "great car! Reliable! good on gas! comfortable ride"

Cons: "no backseat air vents"

"If you are looking for a car for a car for just yourself or for your child, I highly recommend! They drive so smooth and make for a good ride! The only con I would have to say about this car is that there are no air vents for your passengers in the back seat, which is pretty odd. There is vents at their feet but that is all. Also if you are looking for something good on gas you're looking in the right spot! The price for these cars are very reasonable. I have owned one for nearly a year, a family friend recommend them and I have truly fell in love with it! This car is more so for a college student or someone who doesn't plan on having a pile of people ride (just because of the air in the car)."

Loving Every sMile

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "clean, easy to drive, smooth ride"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I bought this car used and have put 40k miles on it. AC Fan went out, replaced under warrenty. That's been the only major issue in the car. It runs great, cool AC, nice leather seats. Very sporty. Not the best get up and go, but it's a good balance between fuel economy and power. I didn't get the loaded options so display from the onboard computers is limited. This is easily solved by OBD2 sensor connected to an android cell phone for only $25 versus the $1000 or so it would cost from the VW."

2017 Jetta S

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Pros: "Value"

Cons: "heat and a/c"

"I have owned this car for 4 months now. Car seems solidly built.Gas mileage has been up to 42 on the highway and I have averaged 36 mpg overall.Sits a little low for me but maybe fine for most people.Seems roomier than a lot of other smaller cars.The factory tires do not look like they will be good in snow probably more for gas mileage.Not sure about the HVAC maybe the cars weak point.Takes sometime to really heat the interior and with little experience yet I think a/c may be weak also.Considering the price I paid I feel it was one of the better values for a new car."

Awesome to drive very comfortable

By on Monday, October 8, 2012

Pros: "great off the line great in stop and go traffic"

Cons: "to much cabin noise"

"My last two cars were Civic's and I thought they were great until I purchased this car. I am very happy with this investment. I look for reasons to take long drives. I would rather have this car than a Silver Cloud."

awesome and fun

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

"I got this car mostly for the mileage. It says 42 highway but I got my average up to 48. I enjoy the handeling, theaudio and just about everything else"

Lost German dynamics in its American conversion

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "VW phylosophy in the way they desing and build car"

Cons: "Would like it to handle like my old Jetta"

"Does not handle road as well as our previous Jetta, but still superior to Toyota or Honda and definitely better than Nissan."

Lots of Torque - Great Fuel Economy

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Good fuel economy"

Cons: "No ACC position on iginition, no engine temp guage"

"So I purchased this car in July and have already put over 10,000 miles on it. I have driven the car from Washington to Michigan and back to Washington then out to Wisconsin. I have seen 50mpg while driving the long roud trip and I usually get around 35mpg in town and 45 on the highway. This diesel has a lot of torque for its size and the 6m trans is really nice. Easy gear shifting and good ratios. I would recommend this car to someone who does lots of highway driving or just wants a relaiable engine with good fuel economy. Oil changes are every 10,000 miles (after the warrenty is up I will be doing them every 7,000) but that is still better than most vehicles out there."

Love this CAR!

By on Friday, March 17, 2017

Pros: "Superb mileage, comfortable and NO issues at all."

Cons: "Needs a rear wiper due to slope on window"

"The TDi Jetta, even though an issue with emissions, still give fantastic mileage ABOVE expectations. I would buy another one in a minute.... A great car for the price for sure. I HOPE VW CAN FIX THIS MESS AND BRING DIESEL POWER BACK TO AMERICA. I want an all wheel drive Jetta if they come back."

Its a Kick to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Pros: "Styling, Seats, Mileage, Infotainment System, Ride"

Cons: "I wish they made this model with a Sunroof."

"1.8T is great on gas and snappy. I drive a manual. Uses Regular. Seats are comfortable and supportive. Controls are easy to locate. Apple Car Play is Great! Car is roomy enough for 4. Fun to drive. Handles well in all kinds of weather. Great bang for your buck!"

Very happy with purchase - 2015 Jetta SE 1.8T

By on Monday, February 20, 2017

"No regrets on this purchase. Purchased new and gets driven about 2500 miles per month. Acceleration is above average for this class of car and the interior is very well put together and comfortable. I am 6-1 and 230 pounds and I am very comfortable in the car. A couple of nits, it would be nice to have automatic headlights and power driver seats as a typical option on the SE. keyless entry is a little clunky compared to other cars I own. One of the most impressive things is the mileage this car delivers. In a combination highway/city (5:1) the car consistently gets high 30s sometimes low 40s MPG. I recommend this vehicle for heavy commuters."

Love the car - concerned about reliability

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

Pros: "Handling, acceleration, rear seat and trunk room"

Cons: "Electronic problem right out of the gate"

"We needed a second car and found the Jetta SE very similar to our Audi A4 for about half the price. Great handling, better acceleration and transmission shifting than the A4, more rear seat room, same huge trunk. On the downside, Hazard Warning system failed at 200 miles and dealer advises there is a long process to go through before VW will authorize repair. Service manager said there have been quite a few problems with the system. If it hadn't come with the Hazard Warning system, so that it couldn't have failed, I would count this as my best new car purchase in over 40 years."

Fantastic vehicle, mileage above expectations...

By on Saturday, October 29, 2016

Pros: "Economical to drive, handles nice"

Cons: "Needs a rear window wiper as stock item"

"I really like this car. Exceeded my expectations, especially in performance and high altitude driving. Handles well. 2 issues. 1.) Low beam burned out at 48K, RH side. 2.) The CARB/EPA issue VW is dealing with. I am NOT turning my car in, and opted for the repair/fix IF it gets approved. IF VW comes up with fix and does NOT destroy the mileage and performance, I will be happy. If it runs like an 83 Rabbit Diesel after fix, I will unload it............. For now, drives excellent and I enjoy it. I drove from Sacramento Ca. to Los Angeles on 8 gallons of fuel. I wish I had bought one with Fog Lamps for night driving. Fold the rear seats down, and you can sleep in the trunk!"

Best North American made Volkswagen ever!!

By on Sunday, July 3, 2016

Pros: "The back seat is huge."

Cons: "NONE"

"Test drove 4 cars. Hyundai Sonata, Chevy Cruze, Toyota Corolla, Volkswagen Jetta. The Jetta was not the best value in my book, but the lumbar support is what sold my wife on this VW. The ONLY problem we have had was a blown circuit for the trunk light. The dealer fixed it in 10 min. Only 1 recall in 3 years. In 35 years of buying cars, this is the best one. Plus, the dealer didn't bat an eye when we said we wanted certain options and a certain color. I do know that 125 mph going up Raton Pass is so quiet in this car you don't even realize how fast you're going w/ NO effort. If there was one thing I don't like about this Jetta, its the taillights. This is supposed to be a world-class car. But all Jetta's made in Mexico for the North American market have red turn signal lenses. They should be amber colored to be correct!"

solid, secure, nice ride

By on Monday, June 15, 2015

Pros: "great footing"

Cons: "could use a few more ice cubes from the a/c"

"after one year and a little over 10k miles - very pleased !"

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun Car to own and drive"

Cons: "A little pricy"

"It is fun to drive, gets great milage, haas a wonderful sunroof, tons of space. I love this car!!!"

I love my Jetta

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "very sporty, it's german you know it's quality"

Cons: "only con I have is the connector for my iphone"

"this is the nicest small car I've had. I love the navigation, bluetooth, and audio system. and it's very comfy for my hour ride to work everyday."

I love my wagon!!

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "Interior lay out, clean exterior style, fuel econo"

Cons: "no push to start :( hard seats"

"This car suits my needs that is the main reason I got it. I have a kayak, mtn bikes, and a dog. It has ample cargo space for all of my outdoor fun activities and the premium pkg definitely steps it up so that it looks just as good in the city as it does in the state park parking lot. My only complaint is that a vehicle in this price range didn't come with a dual climate control, auto dimming rear view mirror, and push to start. That option was added for the 2012, guess i'm a bit jealous.... all and all I love my car. The seats could be a bit more comfy but overall it is a great driving experience. precise crisp steering... ample power with 236 lbs of torque. I get great fuel economy and i have never felt that the 140 hp engine is underpowered for the size of the car. The brakes are amazing also... my room mate says its like braking on a cloud... not sure what that means but I'm sure its a good thing."

Very nice.

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"Very nice ride, good handling, very good fuel milage 42 to 45 Highway 35 in town. Pricey car."

Hard to beat!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Power, features"

Cons: "Some materials sub par"

"The new Jetta is great. It drives really well and has sufficient power. There are neat features such as the touchscreen radio, auto up/down on all windows, trunk opens on its own. I think the price is right compared to what else is out there. It could use a few nicer materials on the interior but it looks good overall. I wanted the 5 spoke wheels but couldn't justify the extra money for them."

Exceptional German Built Car

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg that delivers snappy peformance."

Cons: "Soft rear suspension and useless center armrest."

"This is my 3rd VW diesel. This car has more zip to it than the 2006. The ride is the same, the interior fit and finish are good. The center arm rest is useless and the rear suspension is soft. However, this is the best Jetta yet in my possession. I am a daily commuter of almost 30 miles one way on the interstate. Consistently 49-50 mpg from this car. I like the leatherette seats. I appreciate the layout of the console, instrumentation and the bluetooth. I could list my few minor faults with this car, but the reason I bought another Jetta was because I had exceptional longevity on the first two vehicles. The 2000 and 2006 Jettas were recycled in the family, the 2000 model has over 200K on it and driven daily, the '06 has 102K on it and is driven by my son in college. My wife loves this car because of the handling. I think it handles as well as her Audi and we just got back from a 600 miles round trip on one tank of gas. For 22K this was a good investment. I do not know if it will last like my other two, but I am also a firm believer your car will last as long as it is cared for, treated well, serviced as needed and keep the daughters boyfriend from gettng behind the wheel. I highly recommend this car for those that want a good, dependable, comfortable commute. The satellite radio is top notch, the seats are firm and supportive, the 6 speed manual is flawless and the turbo is responsive with pleny of zip to it for 50 mpg. Oh, and by the way, my daughters Prius cost us more to buy, has much less room, has fewer options and gets the same gas mileage, sometimes less on trips. And I know I will get 200K out of it, and I dont have to worry about that huge cadmium battery that I wonder if can be recycled at all???"

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Near Prius MPG with Cool Dad driving appeal"

Cons: "DSG transmission takes some getting used to"

"So to start I've driven trucks more often than anything else but recently moved to a much more urban area and couldn't see myself commuting or even parking my 4 door Tundra in this mess. We had been using my wife's 2003 Corolla as the family car when gas mileage was an issue. I had been eyeing the TDI Sportwagen for about 6 months. I wanted maximum cargo space, performance and over 30 MPG. I test drove the Outback thinking I needed AWD because I was replacing a truck. The 4 cycl maxed out at something like 32 MPG (when you're nursing it) and I wasn't impressed with the power. The next day I test drove my TDI Sportwagen. HOLY SMOKES! The DSG transmission takes some getting used to, especially at low RPMs, but when you put your foot in the pedal it does exactly what you want. Doesn't matter what speed you're at either. I recently drove to Texas with my wife and 2 kids, all of our luggage, plus a full size cooler in the back. We even picked stuff up on the way without any issues or luggage racks. I was averaging 39 MPG while doing 9 MPH or more over the speed limit at all times. I nursed it the first 550 miles and got 46mpg but I got tired of being in the slow lane. When I wanted to pass a truck while doing 80, I blew past them with no problem. I had to watch myself a little bit because you can hit 100mph in no time. (I know I'm a horrible person, blah blah) The steering is very responsive, the 4 wheel disc brakes stop on a dime, the diesel engine is quiet and purrs only slightly louder than a gasoline engine. Not like the old school diesels. The Panoramic sunroof was a huge selling point for me. My kids can look at the sky while I'm driving and see things they never could before. It's gianormous. I've never run into an issue where I needed to haul something too large for the cargo space, and I've hauled vanity's, toilets, 7 ft long boards, IKEA boxes, you name it. I'd say the only thing I'm not ecstatic about is a slight buzzing noise coming from the center console that is going to get looked at by the dealer at my 10k checkup. Did I mention that maintenance intervals are 10k miles and are free for the first 30k?"

Had this car two weeks today

By on Monday, May 6, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, interior, sleek exterior"

Cons: "Slow response on throttle"

"I bought my jetta to replace my 2010 Jeep Wrangler 4dr. I needed something safe and better on gas. I am pleased with the gas mileage. I used to get 400 miles on my 22 gallon jeep. Now I get around 415miles on my 14 gallon VW! So much better. I am averaging around 30 MPG city, on the interstate I was pushing 45 MPG. I got the SE edition (Black w/ tan leather) with bluetooth, Sirius Radio, heated seats and ipod hook up in the glove box. I am pleased with my purchase and got the special VW financing 1.6% interest. I would recommend this to anyone in the market. The only complaint I have is it has a little slow response time on the gas. Im not a speed demon so it doesn't bother me. But it looks so nice on the inside and even better on the outside. It reminds me of the Lexus models. The blinkers on the side mirrors are a nice luxury feature. Also, I bought the extended warranty 6yr/60,000 miles."

TDI is exceeding expectations!!!

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Looks, Stereo"

"I purchased my 2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI about a year and a half ago. I had not paid attention to this vehicle in a lot of years because I was not a fan of the body lines/persona that it had. So, when I decided to get rid of my 2008 Pontiac Gran Prix GXP it was not in the front of my mind. I had decided that I needed a car that 1. Got good gas mileage. 2. Looked good. 3. Had a manual transmission. 4. Had an awesome stereo and 5. Was economical to do maintenance on. I drove all of the econo cars out there, even ones that I didn't think I'd buy.. just because I didn't want to miss out on something. After 2-3 weeks of test driving/research I'd gone through over 10 cars and had narrowed it down to the Jetta and the Mazda 3. Both had smooth manual transmissions, both had good MPG ratings(was looking at gas Jetta at this time) and both looked good. I looked at pricing on both cars and it was obvious that the Jetta was going to be a better bang for the buck. I ended up deciding on the TDI based on the fact that the fuel mileage/trade in value was far superior to the gas engine. I now have over 20k miles on my Jetta and could not be happier. No problems, averaging over 42 MPG. Thanks Volkswagen!!!"