ZIP code

2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 358 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great for a first car!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pros: "great car! Reliable! good on gas! comfortable ride"

Cons: "no backseat air vents"

"If you are looking for a car for a car for just yourself or for your child, I highly recommend! They drive so smooth and make for a good ride! The only con I would have to say about this car is that there are no air vents for your passengers in the back seat, which is pretty odd. There is vents at their feet but that is all. Also if you are looking for something good on gas you're looking in the right spot! The price for these cars are very reasonable. I have owned one for nearly a year, a family friend recommend them and I have truly fell in love with it! This car is more so for a college student or someone who doesn't plan on having a pile of people ride (just because of the air in the car)."

Love the car - concerned about reliability

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

Pros: "Handling, acceleration, rear seat and trunk room"

Cons: "Electronic problem right out of the gate"

"We needed a second car and found the Jetta SE very similar to our Audi A4 for about half the price. Great handling, better acceleration and transmission shifting than the A4, more rear seat room, same huge trunk. On the downside, Hazard Warning system failed at 200 miles and dealer advises there is a long process to go through before VW will authorize repair. Service manager said there have been quite a few problems with the system. If it hadn't come with the Hazard Warning system, so that it couldn't have failed, I would count this as my best new car purchase in over 40 years."

Awesome to drive very comfortable

By on Monday, October 8, 2012

Pros: "great off the line great in stop and go traffic"

Cons: "to much cabin noise"

"My last two cars were Civic's and I thought they were great until I purchased this car. I am very happy with this investment. I look for reasons to take long drives. I would rather have this car than a Silver Cloud."

awesome and fun

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

"I got this car mostly for the mileage. It says 42 highway but I got my average up to 48. I enjoy the handeling, theaudio and just about everything else"

We love our Jetta. The turbo engine is awesome.

By on Wednesday, May 17, 2017

"This car is great. My 3rd favorite car that I have ever owned. #1 My 1969 Mustang Mach 1. #2 My 2000 Honda Accord Coupe. As I stated above the turbo engine is great. Nail the gas pedal and your going 100 MPH in no time. No need to do that but I had to try it. Gas milage is great, I have never had any problems with the car. Its a gas engine, not a diesel. I would probably purchase A Jetta again, unless my wife would let me buy a new Mustang GT. Most likely she wont because of the cost."

2017 Jetta S

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Pros: "Value"

Cons: "heat and a/c"

"I have owned this car for 4 months now. Car seems solidly built.Gas mileage has been up to 42 on the highway and I have averaged 36 mpg overall.Sits a little low for me but maybe fine for most people.Seems roomier than a lot of other smaller cars.The factory tires do not look like they will be good in snow probably more for gas mileage.Not sure about the HVAC maybe the cars weak point.Takes sometime to really heat the interior and with little experience yet I think a/c may be weak also.Considering the price I paid I feel it was one of the better values for a new car."

Fantastic vehicle, mileage above expectations...

By on Saturday, October 29, 2016

Pros: "Economical to drive, handles nice"

Cons: "Needs a rear window wiper as stock item"

"I really like this car. Exceeded my expectations, especially in performance and high altitude driving. Handles well. 2 issues. 1.) Low beam burned out at 48K, RH side. 2.) The CARB/EPA issue VW is dealing with. I am NOT turning my car in, and opted for the repair/fix IF it gets approved. IF VW comes up with fix and does NOT destroy the mileage and performance, I will be happy. If it runs like an 83 Rabbit Diesel after fix, I will unload it............. For now, drives excellent and I enjoy it. I drove from Sacramento Ca. to Los Angeles on 8 gallons of fuel. I wish I had bought one with Fog Lamps for night driving. Fold the rear seats down, and you can sleep in the trunk!"

Best North American made Volkswagen ever!!

By on Sunday, July 3, 2016

Pros: "The back seat is huge."

Cons: "NONE"

"Test drove 4 cars. Hyundai Sonata, Chevy Cruze, Toyota Corolla, Volkswagen Jetta. The Jetta was not the best value in my book, but the lumbar support is what sold my wife on this VW. The ONLY problem we have had was a blown circuit for the trunk light. The dealer fixed it in 10 min. Only 1 recall in 3 years. In 35 years of buying cars, this is the best one. Plus, the dealer didn't bat an eye when we said we wanted certain options and a certain color. I do know that 125 mph going up Raton Pass is so quiet in this car you don't even realize how fast you're going w/ NO effort. If there was one thing I don't like about this Jetta, its the taillights. This is supposed to be a world-class car. But all Jetta's made in Mexico for the North American market have red turn signal lenses. They should be amber colored to be correct!"

Lost German dynamics in its American conversion

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "VW phylosophy in the way they desing and build car"

Cons: "Would like it to handle like my old Jetta"

"Does not handle road as well as our previous Jetta, but still superior to Toyota or Honda and definitely better than Nissan."

Lots of Torque - Great Fuel Economy

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Good fuel economy"

Cons: "No ACC position on iginition, no engine temp guage"

"So I purchased this car in July and have already put over 10,000 miles on it. I have driven the car from Washington to Michigan and back to Washington then out to Wisconsin. I have seen 50mpg while driving the long roud trip and I usually get around 35mpg in town and 45 on the highway. This diesel has a lot of torque for its size and the 6m trans is really nice. Easy gear shifting and good ratios. I would recommend this car to someone who does lots of highway driving or just wants a relaiable engine with good fuel economy. Oil changes are every 10,000 miles (after the warrenty is up I will be doing them every 7,000) but that is still better than most vehicles out there."