2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Unexplainable repairs always needed

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system"

Cons: "Endless ridiculous repairs"

"I bought a 2011 VW Jetta SE sedan in November 2012. It had roughly 12,000 miles. Within weeks, service lights went off periodically. The tire light went off, the check engine/get service lights went off. The horn stopped working and needed to be replaced. Then, the driver's side door handle simply failed to work. The door would not open. When I finally opened it, the door would not latch closed again. In addition, when it hit any temperature below 32 degrees F, the doors would freeze shut (no precipitation necessary). I would eventually get a rear door open and have to crawl through the vehicle to get into the driver's seat. Then, my radio mysteriously stopped working. I had to take this car to the dealer a number of times to fix ridiculous problems like this. It has been a continuous disappointment. This car is HORRENDOUS in the snow. The worst ever. Outside of those issues, it has Bluetooth, heated seats, good pickup, and a good sound system. The controls to the music and phone are on the wheel, which makes for safe, hands-free driving. The car has good leg room in the front and good back support. Unfortunately, the random repairs far outweigh the benefits of my nearly-new VW Jetta. I am looking to trade it in ASAP."

Great Young Professional Car

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Well Equipped, Sporty"

Cons: "High Depreciation, Expensive Maintenance"

"Pros: This car is good for a good professional just starting out in the work force. It was four doors making it ideal for daily living. The sporty features on the car make sure you do not get bored on your daily commute. The turbo makes sure you can have a bit of fun on the weekend. They car comes nicely equipped. Cons: The depreciation is greater than that of its Honda and Toyota counter parts. The repairs and replacement are more expensive than its Japanese competition; however, cheaper than its German competition."

A very good looking car from the outside

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "great exterior"

Cons: "no frills interior"

"To make this car more affordable, changes were made with the steering, brakes and throttle. After driving an older version of the Jetta for 7 years these are some noticeable differences. However, I still feel it is a solid car."

Good, reliable, no-frills car

By on Monday, June 15, 2015

Pros: "Handling, gas mileage, reliabilitity, VW"

Cons: "Technology, lack of standard features,"

"I have had my Jetta for 1.5 years now. I still enjoy driving it and it is certainly reliable. I have not had one mechanical problem. It also survived just fine in the 2014-2015 Maine winter. My biggest complaints are in regards to the instrument panel and radio display. The panel is very bland to say the least and the display's response time (i.e. how long it takes the system to recognize I just changed the radio station) is slow. It acts like technology from 10 years ago. In an effort to stay within my budget I sacrificed Bluetooth, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, alloy wheels, and heated seats. Even still, for a car that cost about $22,000 I think this trim level should have Bluetooth, better technology, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Overall, if you are looking for an affordable compact car that provides a European and classy driving experience, this car could suit you well."

I love VW

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

"My 3rd Volkswagen I currently own and I love it. I will never own anything besides a VW"