2010 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1053 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

a great value

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"WE compared this car to a corolla and found it much more comfortable and similarly priced. R"

Good but not Great

By on Monday, June 9, 2008

"I bought a used '06 that was Certified, so it comes with the extended warranty in Nov '07. So far the only problem I've had is the memory seat settings didn't work, which was fixed under warranty; and, the trunk latch being replaced because the trunk didn't close the first time I shut the trunk. Other than that it's been a good car for me and my spouse and 2 yr old daughter. The only gripes I have is with the center console hitting my knee (no matter what level my seat is set at), and this car could use more power. Other than that this has been a good car for long trips and short trips."

Exceeded Expectations

By on Sunday, June 8, 2008

"I purchased my TDI for the purpose of traveling to our beach house in SC. I can almost make the 650 mile trip on one tank, averaging 50+ highway and 40+ city, through sensible driving with tires properly inflated. The current price of diesel is a drawback, but as this is written, my wifes Acura takes premium at $4.35 and I filled up the Jetta at $4.85/gal. The only problem I had occured in the warranty period for a fan motor and control switch. I change oil/filter every 5K, and replace the cabin air filter (a nice feature, lots of pollen) every 20K. I would purchase another one, and may do so when the new diesels come out next year."

Not Sure

By on Friday, June 6, 2008

"I don't think this car holds as much value as everyone says. I have a standard 2.5L 2006 leather/sunroof, etc...and was looking to trade in and I was told $11K for the trade in value, while retail is $19K. I keep my cars spotless. I thought gas milage would be better. It does just as good as our Focus. I hate leather, but the heated seats are nice in the winter. It gets too hot inside of it in the summer (95 degrees today). It does have some get up. I came from a Mustang, and this has just as much power. I loved this car when I first got it in Jan., but maybe it's just not my style. I test drove an Xterra, and fell more in love with that, but I don't want a gas hog like that. Just wish I knew what to do to sell it privately."

By on Thursday, June 5, 2008