2008 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1056 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Huge improvement over previous Jetta

By on Saturday, July 26, 2008

"I bought my 2006 Jetta brand new. Despite having some concern about quality based on reports of other people with the previous Jetta (1999-2004), I've been very impressed. The car now has 30,000 miles on it with nary an issue. There are "phantom" problems however due to the car having extremely advanced technology. I noticed the car was a little noisy at startup, but after I did some research, it turns out that there is a air pump that reduces pollution when you first turn on the car that makes a bit more noise. Indeed I've driven a couple other Jettas and this is a normal and proper thing. Also, to replace the windshield wipers, you must press down on the wiper stalk within 10 seconds after turning off the car. This puts the wipers in service mode and allows them to be changed. Overall, I love this car and would happily recommend one to anybody looking for a reliable and fun car."

Wont drive anything else

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I have owned 2 of these vehicles. I will never own any other kind of car. The fuel milage is crazy good, up to 55 mpg"

Reliable 45 MPG Diesel

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Fuel, reliability, safety, classy looking interior"

Cons: "High AC vents, leg room, low front bumper"

"I went 167000 miles on this car with nothing but maintenance before something actually needed repaired. Good reliable little car feels more solid in construction than most small cars. The interior and exterior don't look or feel cheap like most fuel economy cars either. I am short so the leg room never bothered me but my 6'2" son looks a little cramped in the passenger's seat now. If you move the front seats back there isn't much leg room for adult sized passenger's in the back. Car is ok to haul a bunch of kids around until they hit their teen years. But hey, it's so cheap on fuel you really can't beat it. Supposed to get 40 mpg but I get 45 mpg. For a diesel it's quiet. The ac vents in the front are up a little higher than most cars. In Arizona it's so hot we actually DO want it blowing on our faces and messing up our hair. The front bumper is pretty low so if you let your tires get low this bumper can catch on the parking curb and when you go to back out it will pop off! The front passenger's seat has an awkward turn knob for adjusting the seat up and down while the driver's side is electric. Safety rating for side impact is the highest of any small car out there. Doors feel heavy and there are airbags everywhere. I feel safer in my Jetta than the bigger newer Passat they gave me as a loaner!"

great car when its working.

By on Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive. comfortable. plenty of space"

Cons: "expensive fixes."

"Loved this car until things started to go bad. I had bought this car as my first car not knowing that volkswagon's would be such an expensive fix and once one thing happened a lot of other things went after. (not to mention I had to get synthetic oil so $90 oil changes) When it was working it was a great car. Drove well and very comfortable. Only downside like I said is repairs. Most places in the Houston area that I would try to get it repaired at don't work on volkswagon because it has special parts and I had been told several times that I would have to go to the actual dealer. I have been told that the newer ones don't have these problems but I would definitely look into it first before buying. OR buy brand new so you have warranty through the manufactor"

VW TDI

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"THIS CAR IS A TRUE BLADDER BUSTER, 600 MILE PLUS RANGE. CAN DRIVE 20,200,OR400 MILES AND BE READY FOR MORE. VW SERVICE PRICEY BUT ONLY REQUIRED EVER 10,000 MILES. ONLY PROBLEM TO DATE AT 43K MILES IS THAT THE CLOCK RUNS SLOW. I PLAN TO TEST THE THE 12 YEAR UNLIMITED MILEAGE RUST WARRANTY. MPG RUNS BETWEEN 45-50 WITH THE 6 SPEED AUTO."