2002 Volkswagen Jetta

7.4

Based on 1498 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Great fuel economy!!!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "MPG, Good Sound Sys, Nice Ride"

Cons: "Cramped, Expensive Repairs, $$$$$$$"

"Great fuel economy, however for a 6ft tall 250lb man....it is kinda tight to get in and out of. Also it is pricey to have work done, also its tempermental in the winter time. Just FYI"

Great Car!

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive, reliable"

"I bought my '04 Jetta (automatic) in '06 with 30,000 miles, now it has 214,000 miles. It's had to have a few minor problems fixed (O2 sensor, thermostat and spark plugs) but for a 7 year old car with 214,000 miles I cannot complain. All parts can be bought from Autozone for a very resonable price, if you have someone to do the labor. You will pay much much more if you go to a dealership. When my daughter turned 16 it was time to pass it on and get a new one for me."

nightmare

By on Thursday, August 5, 2010

"I bought my Jetta used with almost 90k miles on it which I realize is a lot BUT I previously owned an older model Toyota Corolla with similar mileage and had zero problems with it. This Jetta has been a nightmare. Everything that could possibly go wrong with the coolant system has. Various other problems... VWs are not cheap to fix. The front bumper is way too low to the ground. It tears off if you pull into a parking spot with a barrier. My cup holder snapped off. One of my keys (the fancy ones that are $100+ to replace) snapped in half. My visor mirror snapped off... and the list goes on. Now I'm having a big deal fuel related issue that I am mostly likely not going to fix. It's time for a new car. I've had enough. I will never buy a VW again."

Great Excellent Working Vehicle

By on Thursday, June 3, 2010

"This is a nice car to drive around any place you would want. I've owned this car for a long time and this car is just a babe it drives like new even if it has 165,ooo on it and its a 2003 it still drives like new. Great performance i live in the country and have to drive 10 miles to a store and this car is just a gas saver drives me where ever i want to go am looking on buying another 2007 jetta TDI pretty soon."

By on Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"I bought my 2003 Jetta GLS 2.0T brand new and have been in love ever since. It has 108k on it and has never given my any major problems. I have had the occassional recall. The coils were recalled about 6 months after I replaced them and VW refunded my money. I get great gas mileage. It is kind of a small car so if you have anyone in the backseat they won't have much leg room. Starts up everytime and purrs like a kitten, even if it has been sitting for a few days. It is such fun to drive. My only regret is that I did not get the sport suspension. It excelerates pretty darn quick when merging onto NJ hightways, and if you live in NJ you know that's important! I would definitely recommend this car to anyone."