2012 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Better than Honda Civic SI

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Hard to give a reliability number since I've only had this car for 8 months, but paint chips very easily. Performance is excellent, ride is good, mileage is good (about 28-29) if you stay off the boost. Car is relatively quite yet has good exhaust note. Cargo area with seats up is small and travel with two golfers would be impossible unless at least seat is down. With seats up I still have to remove my driver to fit my medium size golf carry bag. Fit and finish is high quality for this price, audio is good."

Excellent Car

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, well built, practical"

Cons: "Sluggish when driven on auto (Drive) mode"

"I purchased my VW GTI new in 2012, initially with some apprehension, since it was my first VW. The car is now about 18 months old and so far, it runs very well. Fun to drive, well built and relatively comfortable. One of the features I like most, is the DSG transmission which combines the good performances of a manual transmission with the ease of use of an automatic. Probably the best car I ever owned. Highly recommended to those seeking an affordable sporty car which is not too punishing, well built and practical."

Pretty awesome

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Value driving anc commuting pleasure, practical"

"For roads in my area it is as much car as you can put on the road sanely and still have fun. I came from a much higher horsepower rear wheel drive car and dont miss it. I could never get out of second gear without risking lives and freedom. The gti is a near perfect driving machine. I have to deduct points for front wheel drive and the weight bias that causes, It is just a perfectly balanced "i live in the real world" car. just drove on a 2000 mile round trip journey. Comfortable the whole way; averaged 38mpg on the highway and it carried all my stuff perfectly. Dont know where the epa gets its ratings... I cant get it to run below about 28mpg if im out hitting the curvy roads like a hooligan all day."

Most fun car ever!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, luxurious"

Cons: "Brother that is 6'4" has some room issues"

"You can't ask for a car that mixes business with pleasure better! It has great fuel economy and great performance. It looks great - very sharp lines. The interior is luxurious and roomy. The hatchback offers versatility for hauling things around and is great for dogs. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants to have a fun, practical car that also has the finishes of a luxury brand."

Great fun car!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. great quality of build."

Cons: "Expensive for a small car. lots of computer bugs."

"I love this car but i will say be prepared to be in the shop often with any Volkswagen. when i purchased the car i had nothing but problems with it stalling. after going back and forth with the dealer they finally figured out it was a software update. after that i have had no problems. It was frustrating that they had the car more then i did though!"