2011 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 73 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Great to drive

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, DSG transmission, Styling"

Cons: "Needs a longer 1st gear. ESP a little aggressive"

"I've had this car for 2 years now and Handles better than any Car I've ever owned. I would buy another (I may upgrade to the Audi A3 (which is the same car) in a few years when my Payments are done, just because I like the Audi Styling a little better. I average about 28 mpg city/hwy driving and on 100 mile trips I do during work I typically get 37mpg if I can say off the gas and keep it around 64 mph. The DSG twin-clutch transmission is wonderful, shifts blisteringly fast. My only complaint with the DSG is if you use the Sport Mode Automatic it will typically hold 1st gear about half a second too long, but a manual shift corrects that."

Awesome in almost every way

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "Performance, build-quality, handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "Awkward manual climate control"

"I wanted a smaller, more fuel-efficient car that is fun to drive and a hatchback. I drove them all. Hands-down, this is the best. There are others more powerful, and some less money, but the GTI provides the best combination of positive features, and without a doubt is the most refined, in terms of build quality, quality of materials, and engine performance. The only options I would add the next time are built-in nav and fully automatic climate control."

Very nice and comfy little car

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive and comfortable"

Cons: "Price near 30K"

"I have a 2011 GTI Autobahn DSG 4-door in white. I think this is the best color for this car. I am very impressed with its driving dynamics/performance and comfort (for 4). I say this because I am comming out of a Mercedes Benz S class. What this car is, it's economical, well built, roomy, good acceleration/performance and with that said, a ton of fun to drive (just took it up in the mountains and no one could stay with me)."

Best GTI Ever

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I have owned many VWs, GTIs, a TDI, and a regular golf. This 2010 GTI is by far the best VW I have ever owned. The car is very quick around town for doing 'Stoplight Grand Prix' which is great for urban driving. The car handles great for being front wheel drive (less than optimal for handling), its quiet at crusing speeds, and is frugal with gas when I keep my foot out of it.. Oh, and the DSG transmission is absolutely AMAZING!! I have always prefered 3 pedal cars, true manuals, but with this DSG, I am a convert. Can be driven like an Automatic (which it is NOT), or can be controlled manually and shifts are lightning fast with an awesome rev-matched burble. It NEVER gets old. The leather seats hold you in tight during corners. The Dynaudio Stereo is good, not great, but is good enough that I don't need to upgrade."

This has and is still a great car.

By on Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Pros: "fun and responsive to drive."

Cons: "DSG issue if you stop quick and take off"

"I have enjoyed owning this car. It has been trouble free except for a throttle positioning sensor when it was new at about 12k. There is also a DSG issue when you stop quickly and then take off but that is a minor issue that is easy to live with. Other than that it has run flawlessly and I have never kept a vehicle this long. It's a pleasure to drive gets about 28mpg I am still hesitant to let it go. I will probably replace it with a new GTI."