2011 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 73 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Best overall package around

By on Monday, July 27, 2015

Pros: "Too many to list. Fun to drive, practical etc..."

Cons: "Not the prettiest, interior storage lacking."

"This car isn't the best at any one area. It's not the fastest, it's not the prettiest, and it's not the most luxurious. It is however, pretty good at everything. It's quick, it's nimble, it's comfortable, fun to drive, practical and even fairly good on gas. It's the best 'one car to do everything' deal there is. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to get next, since anything else I get will be a compromise in some way. This car does it all."

great all around car

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, hatch storage, looks"

Cons: "None yet"

"Ive owned my 2 door 6spd manual Gti for approx 1 year. This is a great car that is comfortable, great on gas, good storage, quick and so far very reliable. I've had a lot of different cars in the past (bmw's, vette, Benz, s2k,) and they were all great but each had a negative point. For some it was storage, seating, practicality or high payment. The Gti covers all those issues and is relativity inexpensive. The 2.0 turbo has been great so far and has more than ample power. Its nice to drive and average around 30 mpg and then when you want to have a little fun the Gti will perform. I live in Las Vegas and most of the highways are concrete. Surprisingly the Gti is pretty quiet on the roads and has a decent ride. If you've been thinking about getting a Gti, I would strongly suggest driving one......I love mine"

Excellent, fuel efficient, fast car!

By on Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pros: "Quick, fuel efficient, quality is A+"

Cons: "A little small.. but not cramped!"

"I would highly recommend this car, very quick, very comfortable. stylish design, you can't go wrong here."

Nothing better for less than twice the price

By on Thursday, October 9, 2014

Pros: "Build quality, acceleration and handling, comfort."

Cons: "Gas mileage, smallish trunk."

"VW's GTI offers outstanding build quality, excellent comfort and convenience, along with a reasonable modicum of space for a realtively small car. The performance is terrific -- a GTI always seems to want to go quickly, and has excellent grip and braking performance; it's a Border collie masquerading as an automobile. Yet the inherent exuberance of the car also has a certain, German, buttoned-down, well-thought-out quality. The car responds to inputs quickly and assertively, yet never seems to lose its composure. What would I change? Not much, actually. Maybe leather interior, although I'm very fond of the traditional plaid seats; and the fuel mileage is nothing special -- only about 30 mpg in highway cruising, and just over 20 in typical suburban driving. For fun, quality, reliability, and overall enjoyment, I can't think of any car I'd recommend over it for less than $50K. Every driveway should have at least one GTI."

From Japanese to German, what a difference!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Handling, horsepower, comfort, fuel economy"

Cons: "Parts and service can be expensive"

"I had a Toyota Matrix, based on the world-famous Corolla. Very reliable but a soul-less cheap basic car that was lacking in so many ways. Funny thing, though, I had no idea how aweful the Toyota was until I drove a GTI. Perhaps aweful is not fair. The Matrix is a good car. But the VW is so much more. And you pay for it. My used GTI cost twice that of my used Matrix. And worth every penny. What a joy to drive. Quiet, refined, really quick. Everything is high quality and you can see and feel the design effort that went into it. Easily the best car I have ever owned."