2010 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

great all around car

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, hatch storage, looks"

Cons: "None yet"

"Ive owned my 2 door 6spd manual Gti for approx 1 year. This is a great car that is comfortable, great on gas, good storage, quick and so far very reliable. I've had a lot of different cars in the past (bmw's, vette, Benz, s2k,) and they were all great but each had a negative point. For some it was storage, seating, practicality or high payment. The Gti covers all those issues and is relativity inexpensive. The 2.0 turbo has been great so far and has more than ample power. Its nice to drive and average around 30 mpg and then when you want to have a little fun the Gti will perform. I live in Las Vegas and most of the highways are concrete. Surprisingly the Gti is pretty quiet on the roads and has a decent ride. If you've been thinking about getting a Gti, I would strongly suggest driving one......I love mine"

Exciting Ride

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "Fun"

Cons: "Speeding Tickets :("

"I purchased this vehicle after a tour of duty overseas. Before getting deployed I had gone and test driven this machine. After that ride I was determined to buy it. The car's interior is explendid, and for a car with it's price, it's more than impressive. The exterior is no exception either. I am in love with the mean design of the headlights, makes peple give your car a double take. Now the best part for me is, when I put this baby on "sport" mode and hear that turbo charger inhale and propulse me from 0 to 60mph in under 4 secs. Love Speed."

Excellent, fuel efficient, fast car!

By on Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pros: "Quick, fuel efficient, quality is A+"

Cons: "A little small.. but not cramped!"

"I would highly recommend this car, very quick, very comfortable. stylish design, you can't go wrong here."

Nothing better for less than twice the price

By on Thursday, October 9, 2014

Pros: "Build quality, acceleration and handling, comfort."

Cons: "Gas mileage, smallish trunk."

"VW's GTI offers outstanding build quality, excellent comfort and convenience, along with a reasonable modicum of space for a realtively small car. The performance is terrific -- a GTI always seems to want to go quickly, and has excellent grip and braking performance; it's a Border collie masquerading as an automobile. Yet the inherent exuberance of the car also has a certain, German, buttoned-down, well-thought-out quality. The car responds to inputs quickly and assertively, yet never seems to lose its composure. What would I change? Not much, actually. Maybe leather interior, although I'm very fond of the traditional plaid seats; and the fuel mileage is nothing special -- only about 30 mpg in highway cruising, and just over 20 in typical suburban driving. For fun, quality, reliability, and overall enjoyment, I can't think of any car I'd recommend over it for less than $50K. Every driveway should have at least one GTI."

Great driving experience

By on Monday, December 1, 2014

Pros: "exellend handling, fun to drive, power"

Cons: "requires premium fuel,easily scratchs door panel"

"We purchase our 2012 GTI in Savannah, Ga. over two years ago and we love how it rides. The handling feels firm and solid on the road. My wife drove it from GA to TX and she loved how it drove on the highway. The sound system sounds excellent and the Bluetooth works well with my Phone. I would definitely buy another GTI and highly recommend it. Inexpensive to maintain, we had it serviced at a VW dealership and on average the price has been reasonable to maintain."