2009 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Great gas mileage, great power

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I get 24 MPG (mixed city/highway) in my GTI. Loving the 200 HP/207 ft-lb torque engine and 6-speed manual. Interior is roomy and seats are comfortable. My last car, a 2004 RX-8, was a gas hog that got just under 16 MPG and offered a lot less torque (159@5500RPM vs. the GTI's 207@1800RPM). Interior was cramped, seats were firm to hard, no spare tire. Sure it looks way sexy and sportier than a GTI (which isn't exactly frumpy itself) but looks were deceiving. I have yet to see another car with as much power as the GTI (200HP or more with torque to match) in the under-30K price range that gets 24 MPG. The secret must be the turbo, why isn't it a standard feature on every car?!"

Best GTI yet

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Have had the car two weeks and I can't stop wanting to go for a drive. My commute to work is only 2.5 miles but now I am wishing it was longer. Great power and handling. The ride on the highway is smooth with plenty of power to pass. one minor issue that i have already though is the tpms system is detecting a low tire. Check them all myself and all are ok. Have to take it to the dealer so they can reset the tpms system."

WOW WoviWow

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Simplye the best GTI ever built. Totally satisfying and absolutely amazing. Got buy it, you wont regret it"

By on Saturday, April 28, 2007

Still enjoying my GTI

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I purchased a new 2007 GTI May of last year, and I still love it. Hands down, its been one of the best cars I've had the opportunity to drive. My background, as i've had quite a few cars to base my review upon. Current car: GTI 2007 DSG Old Cars (in order of ownership): VW Jetta 2003 WE Honda Prelude 1999 Infiniti I30 1996 Ford Thunderbird 1994 Nissan Pathfinder 1987 Jack of all trades: master of none... To keep my review concise, I'm going to use a reversal of the Ratings used by KBB: Starting from bottom: Comfort: Supportive sport seats, nicely bolstered and has enough leg room to even fit my frame (6'2") - I do however have difficulty sitting in the back seats for an extended period of time, but this isnt bound to happen much. Some features that were on previous model years (MY) have been deleted in recent MYs. (soft touch controls, headlight washer nozzles, and a few other misc. items) But the comfort factor is still high. 5/5. Styling: Its a love it or hate it Bubble behind. I personally like it, but I've heard it called fat, or described as a "shoe". I personally like the styling and subtle functional design (ie the indicator lamps built into the left and right side mirrors). I gave it 4 stars just because there is a few quirks that I find annoying. (I have trouble with blind spots due to the rake of the car's windows). 4/5 Performance: Wow. Flat out Wow. Very peppy 2 Liter engine with a Turbo. Almost no turbo lag, and the DSG automatic is the second quickest shifting auto I've driven (the first being the new Evo from Mitsubishi). I've been very happy with the GTI and (knock on wood...) no speeding tickets! Quality: Seems like a much more expensive car that it is. I drove a G6 (similarly equipped - at least price wise...) around for a while and I seemed to find cheap materials everywhere. This VW has some of that, but its all relatively tastefully done. The psuedo-rubber dash is pleasing to the touch and the brushed aluminum is nice even if its really just plastic. No real wobbly bits on this car; altho I have heard some owners complain of a phantom rattle in the front right quarter panel. I have yet to experience this. I gave 5/5. Reliability: Electrical issues plagued my old VW Jetta. These seem to have been fixed in the GTI, but I did have some minor work done (reflashing the software and retuned my MFG). More of an annoyance - all fixed under warranty. We'll see if this continues into future ownership of the GTI. 4/5 for annoyance sake >.< Value: Low end of the price range is very attractive. High end begins to spiral out of control and lands in the middle of A3 and cheap BMW pricing. The R32 edition is amazing, but I'm not sure that I would spend that much as it is still a VW :p 4/5 Overall: I love this car. Its become my favorite of all my rides. And along with it, there is a silent following - websites dedicated to all forms of VWs and GTIs. The best moments are when you are at a light and see another VW, and get a little wave. So if you get one, I'll toss you a V. :) 5/5"