2005 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 269 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Never Happier

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"I bought this car new while stationed in Germany, and just rolled it past 75K miles. It rolled with the big boys on the autobahn, providing amazing stability and control up to 130 mph. Back in the States now, I still find it a joy to drive and consider it the best new car purchase I've ever made. It's stylish and comfortable, and provides plenty of trunk space too. Its low profile and ample rubber enable it to hug the corners at high speeds and make running the most mundane errands a heart-pumping adrenaline rush. The Monsoon sound system rocks the leather-trimmed cockpit, and the short-throw, 6-speed manual intimately integrates the driver wih the machine. There is no better bargain in the market."

2005 GTI - ROCKS!!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"The 2005 GTI is a ton of fun to drive and it's very economical - great gas milage and very practical for a daily city driver. I don't recommend it on long drives (more than 2 hours) because the seats are sporty "racing type seats" which are great for holding you in while speeding around corners, but not so great for long traveling. I was always very surprised at the amount of space inside the car and trunk,..I could fit 2 to 3 weeks of groceries in the trunk no problem. I also had no trouble fitting plants, soil, and flowers in the trunk. What else can I say, overall, I love this car. I have a 48 month lease on it and I'm considering buying it before the lease is up,...thats how much i like it ;-) I hope this review has been helpful."

BEST IN CLASS

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I have owned the car for 7 years its a vr6, this is the VW company's best designed engine or one of the best. Over the 7 years it has been tortured its been raced driven for over 15 hours straight. In 7 years it has cost around 1500 in fixes, including water pump and coil and stuppid sensor going off when there is no porblem at all. BEst car for the money and more, i have raced v-8 and actually beat them."

My favorite car so far

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"Saw this car at the NY Auto Show and fell in love. Called my dealer and got on the waiting list. They got 8 of them in. Out of only 1500 for the U.S., that was pretty good. Picked it up in July 2002 and have had a blast ever since. Upgraded ECU to Revo Stage I after 3 years and car is just better than ever. I am at 56000 miles and on my second set of summer tires. I had faulty coil packs in my first year, but they were all replaced under warranty. Did not have any other major faults with the car. Granted I take good care of it. If you can get one, go for it!"

Greatest little car ever!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "QUICK, FUN, ECONOMICAL, SUNROOF, HEATED SEATS"

Cons: "Not a thing"

"This car has been awesome! My father in law bought it from the dealer and I've had it now for about four years. It's quick, fun, reliable, and economic. Never any major problems. Easy to maintain. It has everything you need. 6 disc cd changer, a great monsoon sound system, HEATED SEATS. (great for cold mornings) Love the five speed transmission. Makes it so fun to drive and very easy in traffic for a manual transmission vehicle. I would recommend this car to anyone. A great car!"

2003 GTI January Joy

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Great car for the money if you enjoy driving. Wouldn't recommend it if you're just looking for a car to get around in and you don't plan on driving it as it should be driven. There's the Golf for those who just drive point A to B. My only two problems that I've had are on cold, cold mornings it has a difficult time starting and the O2 sensor has went bad three times now. Love this car."

Little Black Jack-Jack

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I love my GTi it is cute, fast and reliable! I haven't had any problems with my car's performance. The only thing I don't like is the internal peeling of all the plastic, like the door handles, media face and the steering wheel is also peeling. Oh and the little top on my stick-shift that tells me where all the gears are fell off. I know these are all cosmetic things and the really do not effect my overall love for my car! I have owned two Jettas before the GTi and it has more leg room than the Jettas!"

Solid Hatchback

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Fast, nimble, maneuverable hatchback, with tons of cargo space and good styling. I have the 2000 VR6. Mechanically, the car has never broken down or left me on the side of the road. However, being a European car any repairs can be expensive. I've had the car 8 years, and now the little things are starting to break. The rear wiper, side mirror controls, cup holder, etc, have broken, and I've gone through more O2 sensors than I can remember. But the engine is still going strong, and it is still a blast to drive. I average 25 mpg combined city/highway, but this car takes only the high octane gas, so it can be pricey to fill up. Pros: Solid sport hatchback with a (so far) bulletproof engine and great cargo capacity for a compact. Cons: Takes expensive gas, expensive to repair, Back seat is small. Final word: It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it!"

Good pick

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"If you find a nice one with low miles, and dont mind pricey maintainance over the year then deff a good car! not to shabby on gas"

Research before you buy

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Bought this car used and without doing my homework. when i got it everything was more then i could ask for in a car. for a stock car it was fast, the interior is untouchable in its class, handles well and looks nice. after a little while the CEL light came on, which i later found out is a regular issue with these cars. i took it to the dealer and just for them to tell me it was an overly sensitive sensor...it cost me $100. not bad. later on that week the check emmissions light came on. again, took to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong. another $100. this light comes and goes now every so often. lastly my wheel started making a weird noise so i researched and found out my wheel bearings were shot in both front wheels. at the dealer they wanted over $1k. i did it myself for less then $250 including parts. great car all in all just know what you're getting yourself into. not for the avg penny pinching young kid."