2000 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 269 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

2003 GTI January Joy

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Great car for the money if you enjoy driving. Wouldn't recommend it if you're just looking for a car to get around in and you don't plan on driving it as it should be driven. There's the Golf for those who just drive point A to B. My only two problems that I've had are on cold, cold mornings it has a difficult time starting and the O2 sensor has went bad three times now. Love this car."

Little Black Jack-Jack

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I love my GTi it is cute, fast and reliable! I haven't had any problems with my car's performance. The only thing I don't like is the internal peeling of all the plastic, like the door handles, media face and the steering wheel is also peeling. Oh and the little top on my stick-shift that tells me where all the gears are fell off. I know these are all cosmetic things and the really do not effect my overall love for my car! I have owned two Jettas before the GTi and it has more leg room than the Jettas!"

Solid Hatchback

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Fast, nimble, maneuverable hatchback, with tons of cargo space and good styling. I have the 2000 VR6. Mechanically, the car has never broken down or left me on the side of the road. However, being a European car any repairs can be expensive. I've had the car 8 years, and now the little things are starting to break. The rear wiper, side mirror controls, cup holder, etc, have broken, and I've gone through more O2 sensors than I can remember. But the engine is still going strong, and it is still a blast to drive. I average 25 mpg combined city/highway, but this car takes only the high octane gas, so it can be pricey to fill up. Pros: Solid sport hatchback with a (so far) bulletproof engine and great cargo capacity for a compact. Cons: Takes expensive gas, expensive to repair, Back seat is small. Final word: It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it!"

Good pick

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"If you find a nice one with low miles, and dont mind pricey maintainance over the year then deff a good car! not to shabby on gas"

Research before you buy

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Bought this car used and without doing my homework. when i got it everything was more then i could ask for in a car. for a stock car it was fast, the interior is untouchable in its class, handles well and looks nice. after a little while the CEL light came on, which i later found out is a regular issue with these cars. i took it to the dealer and just for them to tell me it was an overly sensitive sensor...it cost me $100. not bad. later on that week the check emmissions light came on. again, took to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong. another $100. this light comes and goes now every so often. lastly my wheel started making a weird noise so i researched and found out my wheel bearings were shot in both front wheels. at the dealer they wanted over $1k. i did it myself for less then $250 including parts. great car all in all just know what you're getting yourself into. not for the avg penny pinching young kid."