2001 Volkswagen Golf

7.9

Based on 274 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

SOLD

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"I bought one I'm ready to buy another.(C)"

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"I have had my 2004 golf for over two years now, no problems with it at all! The one thing I can complain about though is the horsepower. I thought it would be a zippy little car, but it's not so zippy (especially going into the mountains). I have heard that once VW's hit 75k they start to break down a lot, so I'm getting a little worried about that, but I've still got 23k to go! Oh, and it's not so bad in the snow."

Aside from one or two things...

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"It has been good. I buy it used with 55,000 miles. Now with twice that number, I've only had a major issue with the car, can't even remember the details but it cost about $600 and a small link. Over all, I'm happy with it."

Good Purchase

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"I have had this car for almost five years, and nothing too serious has ever gone wrong. It does have some occasionial electrical issues, but very reliable otherwise."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"What can I say? I nearly started a lemon law return on this vehicle after I had it a month. It was in and out of the shop and then was in the shop for a whole month until they finally found the problem - which was in the wiring. It's a love/hate relationship. I love the car and love driving it, but the quality needs to be drastically improved. The check engine light comes on and off repeatedly...I don't pay any attention to it any longer as what the dealer did to "fix" it under warranty...never fixed it. The car is fun to drive and gets great fuel mileage - it is a diesel. It's not all that comfortable as far as the seats are concerned...they could have put a little more padding in them...they are hard. Would I recommend someone else buying this car? Probably not, and I am sure I will not buy another VW. Too bad, love the car, don't love the quality or the treatment I received from VW when I was having so many problems. I called them repeatedly and told them I wanted the car replaced or I was going to make them replace it through the lemon law. I decided not to go through with the lemon law suit even though a lawyer I contacted assured me it would definitely qualify. I really wanted the car and so decided to keep it when VW offered to make my car payment for the month it was in the shop."