1999 Volkswagen Golf

7.8

Based on 129 Ratings for the 1993 - 1999 models.

270,000 miles so far.....

By on Thursday, February 5, 2009

"1995 Golf Sport 2.0L: I bought mine with 50k miles on it in '99 and drive it for work every day. The only way you can tell its age is by the many rust spots on the rear hatch. Common problem with the Mexican 95 and 96 cars. Sure, I've had my share of repairs (ignition coil, power steering pump, belts, valve cover and oil pan seals, 4 mufflers, 3 sets of brakes, water pump, shocks, tie rods, wires, shifter fork, door latch, dipstick stalk, etc.) and some options are too expensive to repair (Moonroof, dealer installed cruise) but it still goes!!! Gonna sell this to a friend for $500. I got my money's worth out of it!! I put a Neuspeed strut brace on and it is STILL fun to whip around corners. ANd it still has the ORIGINAL CLUTCH!!! wow."

Most reliable car I've owned

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"I am reluctantly offering my 1997 Golf for sale. I am the original owner and it has been the most reliable car I've owned. It has never broken down. It has been very economical to maintain. Seats are comfortable. There is ample room in the back seat. Visibility is excellent compared to other cars I've driven."

awesome

By on Friday, January 9, 2009

"great car, not may probles, a few minor problems but nothing serious, trunk and glovebox lights dont work and my ignition coil just went but $18 on eBay and its up and running again, mine is lowered with a cat-back exhaust on it so the engine noise is pretty loud but i wouldnt have it any other way! the ride is bumpy but thats what happens when you have cut springs (haha) this is my 3rd vw in 4 years and its my favorite so far!! also with the notorious "2.sl0w" motor in it its allot faster then i ever expected!! i love it!! VW FOR LIFE!!!"

Good Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"I have owned this car for almost 2 years now, and i have very little things go wrong with it. the last thing that went wrong was the starter, which will go on anything really, i have 152000 miles on it now and it still gets up and goes. I have done some work to it, and everything i do to it just makes it better and better. i would tell a friend to get one."

My car

By on Monday, December 1, 2008

"Definitely reliable, Very -Uncomfortable- when trying to sit in the back seat, but it gets from a- to- b"