2013 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

I love this car!

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful car and easy to drive. Fuel efficient."

Cons: "Needs interfaced garage door opener."

"This is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. It handles well and I could watch the top fold into the trunk a thousand times and still be amazed."

German engineering at its' best!

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

"I watched this car from the time it was a concept vehicle. I knew then that I wanted to own one. I himmed and hawwed when I got closer to the time I wanted to buy one. Finally, in 2007, it was announced the option packages would change and the sport package would be eliminated, which actually is higher than the luxury package. I bought mine then, in the color I wanted. I have only had routine maintenance done on this Eos as was the case with the '97 Cabrio I owned before that. Batteries, tires, brakes have all been replaced and other than the smelly problem with the air conditioning that was corrected 3 years ago, there's never been a problem. It is a joy to drive, handles great and I love it. I'm thinking about trading only because I started playing golf 2 months after buying it and golf clubs are a pain the behind to get into the car. Back seat really isn't an option so you have to remove the longest clubs to get them in the trunk, then put the clubs in. The front seat is also a choice but then that's not the best solution."

Excellent value

By on Saturday, March 5, 2011

"I purchased my 2009 Komfort 2.0 Turbo w/AT in March 2010. Now, in March 2011 it has only 1,300 miles on it because of it being strictly a weekend car. Perhaps the low mileage is not an adequate measure with which to judge the car but it has operated flawlessly and is a delight to drive. It turns heads when the top is down and I'm looking forward to another spring, summer and fall of operation. The other advantage is that it's really a 12-month car because of the hardtop rather than the ragtop. Most soft top convertibles are drafty and cold in winter. They say, "When the top goes down, the price goes up". Well, if you compare this to the comparable Mercedes, my car (delivered with tax, etc) at $32K is a real value at about $20K less than the Benz."

Fun, cute ride

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"I've had this car for just about 2 years now and the two main issues I've had are: the dripping/leaking on both driver and passenger side where the seams should seal - it's been "fixed" twice and still leaks; the other issue is that the convertible top sticks! Not every time, but often enough to be a pain. That issue has also been "fixed" at least once and it still happens. Those seem like the 2 biggest issues I've seen that most people have. Outside of those, it's a super fun, cute car to drive. The sunroof option is nice, but as others have noted, it's quite noisy. Trunk space is fine for me - I can fit all my groceries in it w/the luggage rack open. The interior is nothing special, standard VW - All in all, it's a decent car; I'll be switching to a non-convertible when this lease is up, though..."

Fantastic engineering

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I've had dozens of new cars over the years, from Cadillacs to Fords, with several convertibles among them. This car is absolutely fantastic. Comfortable. Cute. Great performance. Safety features galore. Concealed roll bar. No concern over vandals slitting roof when parked. A marvel to watch it go from hardtop to open convertible or convertible to hardtop. Didn't think I'd ever delight in a car more than my 1990 Miata, but I was wrong. With the heated seats and dual heaters, I can put the top down no matter what the temperature, as long as it doesn't rain/snow. In the three months I've had it I look forward to every drive."