ZIP code

2012 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 176 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

FUN CAR

By on Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"LOVE MY CAR! ONLY COMPLAIN IS THEAT IT DOES NOT HAVE A REARSENSOR WHEN I BACK UP."

Great idea.

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun, GREAT GAS MILAGE! Turbo!"

Cons: "Few cup holders Small baskseat, Carseats DO NO FIT"

"I currently own A VW EOS, I have had it for almost a year. I lived in Portland Oregon for a majority of the time and was looking for a convertible I could use once we moved to a warmer climate. After a crime spree in the area I was nervous to get a convertible due to cut ins in the top. This was the perfect fit for what I needed. PROS: This is an amazing car. Drives great. Love the Turbo. And when the top is down the stereo is amazing. Looks pretty cool putting the top down. Transformer... Fantastic gas milage CONS: like all convertibles small back seat. Cannot fit a carseat properly. And after driving from Portland to Phoenix I will never sit in the back seat again... not meant for long drives with passengers in the back seat."

It hates me...

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute and flirty"

Cons: "Something goes wrong every 3 months"

"I've had my cute little car for 3 years and I believe that it hates me....it'd rather spend it's time, top up, in the service bay at the dealership than out on the road with me. I hope it's just my car and not the entire fleet...."

DEFECTIVE DRG TRANSMISSION

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"I bought my EOS new in 2009 and at 1400 miles the transmission blew and was replaced under warranty with a previously defective unit VW calls refurbished. At 11,000 the transmission blew again and was replaced with a formerly defective unit again. I am a normal driver using the car to and from work and around town and am appalled that this DRG has failed twice in one year. Overall, the EOS is a fun car to drive and good value, but I think that anyone contemplaintg purchasing any car with the DRG transmission should not buy it. I think that the incidences of DSG transmission failures is vastly underreported since VW 'cheerully' replaces them and extends the warranty. I urge anyone who has had this problem to register transmission failure problems to the NHTSB as I have done so that the true extent is known. While these two failures cost me nothing, the aggravation, hassle and danger of having frequent transmission failure far out weighs the other good features of this car."

Shock and Awe

By on Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"I eagerly bought my red 08 EOS with cream interior. I love the styling and comfort. I loved the push button retractable top. I even had people stop me and ask me to open the top for them. Really cool to watch top slide into trunk. Loved the hard top and large sunroof. THEN, my car started using oil. After my first oil change, the oil was totally out of my car and the car started making a terrible sound. Then after looking at my paperwork, a complete oil change was not done, only my oil topped off. VW said that the paperwork was incorrect and they did change my oil, but they just did not charge me for it or put it in the computer. RIGHT!! VW acted like it was nothing and got a technician on the line who said it was normal to use a half quart every 1000 miles. I kept going back and making them document that it was using oil. After about 5 trips, they wanted me to do an oil consumption testing, (which I asked them to do the first time), but they would not do. I was told that the problem was the 2.0T turbo engine, that maybe it had problems. I could not wait to get rid of my EOS even though I searched for the right car and thought it was it. No more VW's for me, sorry to say. My niece has the Passat with the same 20T with no trouble, but has had other electronic problems."

Love my eos

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Got my car August 2006, I have been through 2 new england winters, and a beautiful summer. I love this car. no complaints"

Eos i love it

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"the car is a great overall car you dont sacrifice much trunk space for the top the car has the get up and go. the only two things i dont like about the car is supreme gas only and the back seats. but that comes owning a two a sports car."

Love it!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Peformance, fun to drive, solid car"

Cons: "Only one: needs premium gas."

"I'm over 6 ft tall and was looking for a convertible that I could fit in, would handle the snow in our NY winters, and that I could afford to replace my Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. I came across a 2012 EOS with 16,000 miles and bought it. I love the car, it's a joy to drive, has enough power for me (definitely faster than the Eclipse)."

Great for all seasons

By on Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pros: "beautiful, fun car"

Cons: "small space to climb in and out of the back seat"

"Love the Eos. I live in the wintery hilly country of NY and drive it thru all seasons. It is very good on the hills in snow and ice. The comfort is great for shorter people (I am 5'1"), but not for you who are tall. Large people would have difficulty getting into the back seat with the top up. The trunk area is limited, but still very usable.That said, love this car! It drives very well and great visability even with the top up. It definately feels like a "me" car. The handling is smooth and the stereo rocks! Definately glad I purchased this car"

FUN in the Summer - Solid in the Winter

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "FUN, FUN, FUN to drive."

Cons: "Rear vision is not the best but better than most."

"I've owned my 2008 Eos since 2008. It's everything I want. There's back seat for my grand daughter, convertible top that goes up/down in 20 seconds, sunroof, hard top for winter weather and to hold the heat. It's heavy enough for highway driving and light enough for easy manuvering. I've looked at trading but can't find anything to compare with the features that are important to me. Rear vision is not the best but better than most convertibles."

Super fun to drive, kids love it (and fit in it)

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Super fun in every way"

"Speedy little thing for a 4 cylinder, beautiful mechanics operating the roof smoothly, excellent options for just how much air you want (full fledged top down convertible wind in your hair - with windows up and wind breaker in back, convertible without having to redo your hair - just windows and huge sky roof - or close it all up and use the AC or heat). It handles really well and even has a sport mode for extra pep. I love this car. The kids love it, "the fun transformer car." Gas mileage is phenomenal, I get about 30mpg back and forth to work and easily get above 35 if I do highway driving (having the top up might help that mileage). Only negative - cornsilk beige interior is really off white and not the best choice for basketballs, kids shoes, etc"

a keeper!

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I like German cars (have had Audi A4s and VW Passats) and always wanted the A4 Cabriolet, but wouldn't want to park a ragtop in the snow visiting family in Buffalo. I waited a year before buying a 2008 Eos (Lux- turbo 2.0L) in Nov. 2007. It's far and away my favorite car. Fun to drive, with sports mode when you want more control. Much better pickup than previous turbo 4s (including Audi) and handling is great. Beautiful interior, exceptionally comfortable front seats; rear seats a bit stiff but passengers have had no complaints on short trips. Mileage has been about 29 using premium fuel. (You're protecting the turbo, and it costs me maybe $150 more a year. Fine.) I like the styling better than the other 4-seaters. People are curious, since there aren't that many on the road, but have been complimentary--even after 3 1/2 years. (Don't like the tailgaters though) The hardtop goes down as soon as the temp reaches 60 degrees. Adequate room for groceries and luggage for 2. No mechanical or electrical issues, but I have had the occasional roof leak in the rain (a sign that a 'treatment' is needed). Regular maintenance needed/recommended. I usually change cars after 3 years; not this time. Hope to see all-wheel drive and a hybrid version in the future."

EOS IS A WIN!

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"If you are looking for the best 4 seater Hard top covertible that holds it's value than look no further! I moved to the beach and wanted a convertible but with kids I needed some extra room. Even with the hardtop down it fits two medium size suitcases in the trunk. All the other competitor cars are either gas guzzlers or overpriced (or lacking style - BWM). The EOS is nimble on the road, looks better than the other hardtops, and with the 2.0 engine option is very quick without sacrificing your gas budget. I average 30 mpg but I travel highways a lot. Already racked up 74,000 miles with no problems at all. There is potential for water leaking around the hardtop seals but you should discover this under the warranty and they can fix it on VW's dime. A great car for the money and I just looked at the value based on my 2007 with 74,000 and it's still holding over $20K in excellent condition retail."

Often overlooked and I'm glad

By on Friday, May 3, 2013

Pros: "turbo fun, great looks, high quality interior"

Cons: "small trunk when roof is down"

"This car has all the sports car fun of a GTI with the same turbo engine and dual clutch automatic, big grippy tires, sexy good looks, great gas mileage AND the top goes down when its warm out! Great comfortable seats, nice touchscreen stereo, rich, quality good looks inside. Why you don't see a lot of them on the road is strange. Maybe the price is a little high but that means exclusivity for me when I get the stares driving along the beach!"

Finally got the car of my dreams!! :)

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe and handles well. Dynaudio!!"

Cons: "Little trunk space."

"I've had my eye on the EOS since 2006/2007 when VW announced them coming out. I had a 83 white Rabbit convertible as my first car in 1990 and then in 96 I bought a new white Cabrio Highline. Both were white with black tops. I had my cabrio for ten years and after 3 transmissions i decided to sell it and get a Toyota Matrix in 2006 as they are cheap and reliable. Not one problem with the Matrix and it's still in tip top shape, but I still missed my VW convertible and always have had my eye on the EOS. Finally gave in 2 weeks ago and bought a certified used 2008 white. So far so good and I hope she treats me good!!! Driving this car compared to my Matrix is a HUGE difference. Feels like luxury and handles wonderfully. I kind of wish I had just bought the Eos back in 2007 when they came out, but I probably wouldnt enjoy it as much. Plus i just bought the lux version and i wouldnt have been able to afford that new in 2007. Everything happens for a reason. The only thing I'll miss is the trunk space!!!! Love this car!! I only recommend people reading up on the convertible top because you have to maintain all the roof seals or it could get leaks. Vwvortex has some good maintenance tips."

A really sporty, peppy, fun car.

By on Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pros: "Best in class."

Cons: "Throttle brake interlock."

"2008 Lux model bought it new. Averages 30 MPG in mixed driving, using premium fuel. Fun to drive, comfortable to drive on long trips. Trouble free in 4 years of ownership. Two recalls and no major failures or loss of use. I love the top down driving and the sun roof for really short trips and errands. The six speed auto transmission is the smoothest shifting I have ever driven. For my part, overall well worth the money as there is little I would change."

My second one

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Hard top convertible with a sunroof....absolutely"

Cons: "Luggage compartment w/the top down is small"

"I had a 2008 EOS which was a lease. When the lease was up in Aug 2011, I had to have another. So this time I'm buying it. Love this car."

08 EOS - Fahrvergnügen!

By on Sunday, December 6, 2009

"Leased our EOS in March of 2008. Great Deal! We intend to purchase it at the end of the lease in March of 2011. The car is a wonderful 2 passenger sport/convertible car. Although it does have a back seat, like most "sport" cars, its pretty much useless for "normal" sized adults. Love the hard top and how it retracts and still provides room in the trunk for storage. Everything about it is great. Styling, comfort, handling. If you want a really fun, reliable and luxury sport convertible, EOS is a great choice. It is not as quiet as a regular hard-top car, but I really don't notice it. The car IS NOT built for really big individuals (if you are pushing 6' or and/or over 250 lbs, it will be a really tight fit). Like all VW's it is a more "stiff" feel and ride. Our model is the LUX, but we "bought off the lot" and it did not have the navigation system. The 2008 models also did not come with the integrated phone, but we had that installed in Dec 09 for $500. Love it! All in all, it was a great deal for a great personal luxury sport convertible."

its terrible

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"2008 has been in the shop for 51 days and they are still saying the same thing.."The part will be in friday"....but on friday, its next friday, then next friday. What a lemmon."

One of the finest cars I've ever driven

By on Friday, April 4, 2008

"The EOS is a snappy, handsome, and wonderful car to drive. I have owned manyh convertibles and this is the easiet up and dwon top ever. A real eye catcher. My grandkids love it also."

Fun to drive, quick off the line and looks great

By on Monday, June 20, 2016

Pros: "great mph, fun to drive"

Cons: "small back seat"

"Owned this car the last 4 and a half years. So much fun to drive. The paint job was great on this car. It still is super shiny after 9 years. The Techtronic shifter paddles and the shifter handle just add to the fun. Gets great MPG, 30 or more on the highway as long as you don't jump on it too hard."

Fun!

By on Friday, December 18, 2015

Pros: "Great engineering."

Cons: "Seats could be more comfortable"

"Bought this car at 1 year old for $25k. If you are a driver that appreciates the driving experience, this car is great for the price. The body is solid as is the engineering. Takes corners great. Mechanics of the top draws attention as does the sleek silver look. Tinted windows compliments the aerodynamics. I've gotten many many compliments. I would buy another but VW isn't making them anymore."

2013 Eos Executive

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "hard top plus sunroof plus convertible all in one"

Cons: "somewhat generic looking with top up."

"I just bought this car a few days ago. It's a blast to drive and has many wonderful options. It's got great pickup and gas mileage. With the top up, from the outside it looks pretty much like your run-of-the-mill coupe. But when the top comes down (and it looks like a transformer when you operate the top)it becomes much more elegant looking. This is a great option for those who want a convertible yet also live in a cold climate where in the winter, a convertible is not practical. This is the best of both worlds. Can hardly wait til the summer to really have fun in this car."

Best of cars/worst of cars

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "don't even THINK of not garaging it."

"It leaks. We call it the water rat. And even after we spent $$$ to repair the seals, the residual water condenses on the inside of the windows. So now that it's cold, I have frost on the INSIDE and outside of the windshield. Great highway car, but needs to be garaged. Too fussy for me."

Love the car, hate the maintenance

By on Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"I love my 2007 EOS. It is the most fun to drive car I have ever owned. I found out it uses oil like mad! From what I understand it is a common problem in 2.0L VW engines. VW says it is acceptable to burn 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles of driving. That is excessive to me. But, nonetheless, I still love the car!!!! Unfortunately I have to carry oil in the trunk. I stilll recommend it, but caution buyers to check their oil regularly."