2010 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 176 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Excellent value

By on Saturday, March 5, 2011

"I purchased my 2009 Komfort 2.0 Turbo w/AT in March 2010. Now, in March 2011 it has only 1,300 miles on it because of it being strictly a weekend car. Perhaps the low mileage is not an adequate measure with which to judge the car but it has operated flawlessly and is a delight to drive. It turns heads when the top is down and I'm looking forward to another spring, summer and fall of operation. The other advantage is that it's really a 12-month car because of the hardtop rather than the ragtop. Most soft top convertibles are drafty and cold in winter. They say, "When the top goes down, the price goes up". Well, if you compare this to the comparable Mercedes, my car (delivered with tax, etc) at $32K is a real value at about $20K less than the Benz."

Fun, cute ride

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"I've had this car for just about 2 years now and the two main issues I've had are: the dripping/leaking on both driver and passenger side where the seams should seal - it's been "fixed" twice and still leaks; the other issue is that the convertible top sticks! Not every time, but often enough to be a pain. That issue has also been "fixed" at least once and it still happens. Those seem like the 2 biggest issues I've seen that most people have. Outside of those, it's a super fun, cute car to drive. The sunroof option is nice, but as others have noted, it's quite noisy. Trunk space is fine for me - I can fit all my groceries in it w/the luggage rack open. The interior is nothing special, standard VW - All in all, it's a decent car; I'll be switching to a non-convertible when this lease is up, though..."

Fantastic engineering

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I've had dozens of new cars over the years, from Cadillacs to Fords, with several convertibles among them. This car is absolutely fantastic. Comfortable. Cute. Great performance. Safety features galore. Concealed roll bar. No concern over vandals slitting roof when parked. A marvel to watch it go from hardtop to open convertible or convertible to hardtop. Didn't think I'd ever delight in a car more than my 1990 Miata, but I was wrong. With the heated seats and dual heaters, I can put the top down no matter what the temperature, as long as it doesn't rain/snow. In the three months I've had it I look forward to every drive."

I LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"The body structure is awesome. There is not other car on the road like it. The hardtop WOW factor receives many compliements especially during the summer months. My 2.0 is perfect for city driving. I have never taken it to a commercial car wash and I understand those owners who do have potential problems with the hardtop feature. This car is worthy to be hand washed!"

dont buy this car

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I cannot believe how disappointed I am in this car. It is the first new car I have ever bought in my life and it will be the LAST VW I ever buy. This car gulps oil faster than I can keep up with. It has already had the turbo repaired twice; once b/c it was leaking and the other time to completely replace it (car was in the shop for 14 days). Doesn't help that the dealership i work with is absolutely incompetent. STAY AWAY FROM EOS!!!!"

Is this a clunker

By on Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Glad to say iam on a two year lease this vehicle has been in the shop 6 times in 11 months . Various problems leaking roof. copletely shut down , roof would not close. In any situation like this you have to push and threaten Volkswagon as i did .next week they sre giving me a new 2009 eos, to complete my lease I do love the power in this car and the handling is great But I do believe that they havent got all the kinks out."

Very Satisfying

By on Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Its no Nissan GT-R, but its the most comfortable, quiet, and beautiful car I have ever owned or driven. Plus its my first manual transmission I drove which gives it more sentimental value :) Easy to drive, hard to not love."

All around winner

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"This versitile sedan is a great second car that does everything well. The hard top makes it a competent and comfortable commuter with many creature comforts. The drivetrain with its 2 liter turbo and six speed dual clutch automatic provides a sporty yet quite efficient package. But it is the ability to put the top down in 27 seconds and ride at highway speeds in complete comfort that makes it a blast to own."

Great hardtop covertible

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Swapped a 2005 Lexus SC 430 for the EOS. Both are great cars. The only difference is the price. The SC430 is $30,000 more than the EOS."

By on Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Long distance travel at 70mph gave us 30mpg. Now leasing, will buy new model when lease is up. We bough special trunk luggages in Europe. Love that convertible, quick response, economical and smooth ride."