2010 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 176 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

By on Thursday, December 25, 2008

"Love everything except the windshield wipers."

AWESOME CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Wickedly FUN FUN FUN"

Cons: "Blind spot/rear"

"this car is FAST! (for a lit'le car). Blimey I have had this car for 5 years and it is so reliable...Only thing bad is it has a blind spot to rear. Other than that I love this car."

Very satisfied

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Speedy, comfortable, stylish, technically innovative, the small trunk is offset by the luggage hatch for longer items. Some technical issues with door seal leak and air conditioner failure both dealt with by the VW dealer on thier nickle. Bought it for the wife and hijacked it for my use - great good looking car"

Amazing car for the money

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Picked up our EOS Komfort 2.0T in April '08 after looking at Porsches, MB and Mini. A true steel "hard top" convertible with plenty of comfort, power, handling, dependability, and insurance costs a lot less then the others we looked at. The car is a pleasure to drive and we have yet to get less then 30 MPG on average after 2908.0 miles. My friend is 6'4" and he had no problem getting in and out of the back seat with the top up !"

FUN

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"The EOS is just fun, fun, fun!! The best part is all the stares...especially when you're putting the roof up or down. The greatest comment was that it looked like one of those machines in the movie "Transformers.""

I love it!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"It is my favorite car that I have owned- if not including the spitfire my husband built for me."

Great car - room for 4 in a convertible!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Back seat too small for long trips."

"Have enjoyed this car immensely! Time to move on though! If I could keep it for weekends and have something else to drive all the time, I would!"

This is my perfect car.

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Top up or down in 20 seconds."

Cons: "Small trunk."

"This hard top convertible is magnificient. I live in Illinois. The hard top provides a solid seal against winter weather and year around rain. The back seat is small but big enough for my grand daughter's safety. Gas mileage is about 22-25. Top goes up or down in 20 seconds. (I've timed it). That means I can drive to the mall with the top down, put it up in the parking lot, and down again to return home...conveniently. Trunk is small, especially with the top down so this is not a car for someone who needs a lot of trunk space. I'm a second owner for this 2008. Only problem was a bad sensor in the seat belt clip that had to be replaced. Tire pressure requirements are different in the summer/winter. The light comes on when tire pressure needs to be adjusted. The car is perfect for me. Wish the price tag was lower."

Awsome Car!!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Engine, Appearence, Reliability."

Cons: "Gas mileage not at top end."

"Love the ride!! Very Sporty Car!! I have owned it now for over a year and I have put ground effects on it and put a stripe down the side. The 3.2 V6 is very powerful and when you have to pull out into traffic it gives a nice growl when taking off. I have enjoyed it since I bought it. Love the fact of Coupe, Sunroof, or Convertible option."

My video

My 2007 Volkswagen Eos 3.2

I love this car!

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful car and easy to drive. Fuel efficient."

Cons: "Needs interfaced garage door opener."

"This is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. It handles well and I could watch the top fold into the trunk a thousand times and still be amazed."

German engineering at its' best!

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

"I watched this car from the time it was a concept vehicle. I knew then that I wanted to own one. I himmed and hawwed when I got closer to the time I wanted to buy one. Finally, in 2007, it was announced the option packages would change and the sport package would be eliminated, which actually is higher than the luxury package. I bought mine then, in the color I wanted. I have only had routine maintenance done on this Eos as was the case with the '97 Cabrio I owned before that. Batteries, tires, brakes have all been replaced and other than the smelly problem with the air conditioning that was corrected 3 years ago, there's never been a problem. It is a joy to drive, handles great and I love it. I'm thinking about trading only because I started playing golf 2 months after buying it and golf clubs are a pain the behind to get into the car. Back seat really isn't an option so you have to remove the longest clubs to get them in the trunk, then put the clubs in. The front seat is also a choice but then that's not the best solution."

Excellent value

By on Saturday, March 5, 2011

"I purchased my 2009 Komfort 2.0 Turbo w/AT in March 2010. Now, in March 2011 it has only 1,300 miles on it because of it being strictly a weekend car. Perhaps the low mileage is not an adequate measure with which to judge the car but it has operated flawlessly and is a delight to drive. It turns heads when the top is down and I'm looking forward to another spring, summer and fall of operation. The other advantage is that it's really a 12-month car because of the hardtop rather than the ragtop. Most soft top convertibles are drafty and cold in winter. They say, "When the top goes down, the price goes up". Well, if you compare this to the comparable Mercedes, my car (delivered with tax, etc) at $32K is a real value at about $20K less than the Benz."

Fun, cute ride

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"I've had this car for just about 2 years now and the two main issues I've had are: the dripping/leaking on both driver and passenger side where the seams should seal - it's been "fixed" twice and still leaks; the other issue is that the convertible top sticks! Not every time, but often enough to be a pain. That issue has also been "fixed" at least once and it still happens. Those seem like the 2 biggest issues I've seen that most people have. Outside of those, it's a super fun, cute car to drive. The sunroof option is nice, but as others have noted, it's quite noisy. Trunk space is fine for me - I can fit all my groceries in it w/the luggage rack open. The interior is nothing special, standard VW - All in all, it's a decent car; I'll be switching to a non-convertible when this lease is up, though..."

Fantastic engineering

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I've had dozens of new cars over the years, from Cadillacs to Fords, with several convertibles among them. This car is absolutely fantastic. Comfortable. Cute. Great performance. Safety features galore. Concealed roll bar. No concern over vandals slitting roof when parked. A marvel to watch it go from hardtop to open convertible or convertible to hardtop. Didn't think I'd ever delight in a car more than my 1990 Miata, but I was wrong. With the heated seats and dual heaters, I can put the top down no matter what the temperature, as long as it doesn't rain/snow. In the three months I've had it I look forward to every drive."

I LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"The body structure is awesome. There is not other car on the road like it. The hardtop WOW factor receives many compliements especially during the summer months. My 2.0 is perfect for city driving. I have never taken it to a commercial car wash and I understand those owners who do have potential problems with the hardtop feature. This car is worthy to be hand washed!"

Is this a clunker

By on Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Glad to say iam on a two year lease this vehicle has been in the shop 6 times in 11 months . Various problems leaking roof. copletely shut down , roof would not close. In any situation like this you have to push and threaten Volkswagon as i did .next week they sre giving me a new 2009 eos, to complete my lease I do love the power in this car and the handling is great But I do believe that they havent got all the kinks out."

Very Satisfying

By on Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Its no Nissan GT-R, but its the most comfortable, quiet, and beautiful car I have ever owned or driven. Plus its my first manual transmission I drove which gives it more sentimental value :) Easy to drive, hard to not love."

All around winner

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"This versitile sedan is a great second car that does everything well. The hard top makes it a competent and comfortable commuter with many creature comforts. The drivetrain with its 2 liter turbo and six speed dual clutch automatic provides a sporty yet quite efficient package. But it is the ability to put the top down in 27 seconds and ride at highway speeds in complete comfort that makes it a blast to own."

Great hardtop covertible

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Swapped a 2005 Lexus SC 430 for the EOS. Both are great cars. The only difference is the price. The SC430 is $30,000 more than the EOS."

By on Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Long distance travel at 70mph gave us 30mpg. Now leasing, will buy new model when lease is up. We bough special trunk luggages in Europe. Love that convertible, quick response, economical and smooth ride."

Big Fun, Great Mileage

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"I leased my EOS in Sept 2007 and have had a lot of fun driving it ever since. It gets a lot of looks, I get a lot of "thumbs up" from all kinds of people and it does garner a lot of attention with the top is going up or down. My nieces and nephews think I'm the coolest Aunt around! However, this is a high maintenance vehicle and has been to the shop on several occasions. The biggest issue has been with the front windows, which tend to go down, automatically, when you close the door. Quite inconvenient. The car does get great mileage as I can go 320 miles on just 1/2 tank of gas! Overall, it's way fun!"

A day in the clouds

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"I've loved almost every minute spent driving this car over the past year of ownership. The top is amazing in its construction and versatility. The 2.0Turbo is robust and fun even with the luxury suspension. The sound system is great but may have had an programming bug early on. I think that driving with the top down in the sun couldn't get much better than in an EOS. However, when it rains, it pours. Early production models in the US had some window sensor issues which caused the window to roll down long after the vehicle was locked. Regular maintenance on the seals is required to keep them from leaking and to prevent wind noise. Finally, I've had some issues with leaks that allow water to collect in the car. The one thing that makes or breaks a convertible is if it can withstand rain and the EOS is coming out all wet."

Problems, problems problems

By on Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"We leased the EOS Komfort in May 2008 and after 9 months and 7500 miles I can report the following issues. Three leaks in the coolant system causing the light to light up and eventually a full rplacement of the tank and lines over 3 separate full day visits. The optional ipod adapter broke ($500+ fix if not under warranty). As many already know, the windows go down slightly in order to open or close the door. However, after 6 months, ours continued to shutter up and down while you were driving. The temporary solution was to drive with the windows 1" down so they would not cycle up and down 60 times a minute (actual rate). After a month of troubleshooting and waiting for the part (starter sensor) it is now fixed. It was not a fun car to drive in January in the northeast. We also drove the car for 9 months with a very bad transmission problem. Initially, we were told that this was not a transmission problem, but that the acceleration lag was inherent in the EOS. Unfortunately, it became signifiacantly worse and dangerous. From neutral to first, there was considerable play in the gas pedal without any acceleration and then it would suddenly shift into gear and peel out! BTW this is the 6 speed automatic. On any incline it was unsafe especially if there was a car behind you and another in front. There was also a pronounced clunk in the shift to first gear. After finally mentioning that it was dangerous, dealer performed the $2900 warranty work and it now drives well. They later admitted that some cars have this issue and there is a fix in place, but I guess they don't offer it until it becomes unbearable. Otherwise, the idea of a hard top convertible with a moonroof is great. Engine is lively and car is appointed well compared to similar cars. I would say the initial value is good, but reliability and quality are a huge concern. We leased because we did not want to get stuck if there were major issues. These are major and I would not want to keep this car for the long term. We will be happy if we are finished with repairs, but will dump it at the end. If there are more issues, I have already investigated the lemon law requirements. It is just not worth the hassle to keep getting it repaired."

Swiss Army knife of cars

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"1. Overall experience: Solid, tight feeling car with terrific engine and transmissition (2.0Turbo 4 & DSG 6 speed Auto). The 2.0 4 is so good that I am not sure why anybody would spend more for the 3.2L 6. Very quiet with top up, not claustrophobic due to big sunroof, and most wouldn't guess it was a convertible. With top down, it is even more fun. 2. Reliability of roof: Early buyers have had issues with leaking seals ( 5 piece roof means several seals which potentially can lead to problems). However, a terrific product from Dupont called Krytox can be used to maintain the seals and prevent leakage (details on VWvortex Forums). So far, no issues with mine. 3. Has an easy to access, usable back seat. Still, they are best for kids and mine have no complaints. 4. Trunk space with top down is better than expected. If you pack it full, you may need to let the top up to get your baggage out. However, it still has a back seat for extra storage space. No regrets after buying this car, as long as reliability doesn't become an issue."

Love it

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling. Responsive. Solid feel."

Cons: "Few cup holders. Little interior storage."

"Great handling. Responsive. Great pickup. Solid feel. Awesome hard top convertible allows 30 second convert so there is never any weather concerns. Stylish body. Best value for the money. Has been very reliable thus far. Could use more cup holders and has very little interior storage with a small glove box. When I get another car it will just be a newer model of this exact same car. Love it."