2008 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Fun Car

By on Friday, February 5, 2010

"The Eos is a fun, peppy car. The sunroof extends the entire width of the roof but is noisy when driving. The convertible folds nicely into the trunk with more room than my former Saab, but still not a ton of room. One persistant problem has been a dripping leak where the roof meets the window which I believe shorted out the auto window. I also feel that for this amount of money, the interior should be much better. Finally, there is virtually no room for passengers in the back seat. But overall, a fun car."

simply beautiful

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Well designed, comfortable, reliable. Good value for money compared to other hard tops. A head-turner."

AWESOME CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Wickedly FUN FUN FUN"

Cons: "Blind spot/rear"

"this car is FAST! (for a lit'le car). Blimey I have had this car for 5 years and it is so reliable...Only thing bad is it has a blind spot to rear. Other than that I love this car."

Very satisfied

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Speedy, comfortable, stylish, technically innovative, the small trunk is offset by the luggage hatch for longer items. Some technical issues with door seal leak and air conditioner failure both dealt with by the VW dealer on thier nickle. Bought it for the wife and hijacked it for my use - great good looking car"

Fun, practical and comfortable

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"This is a great car. It's that simple, really. The hard top convertible is brilliant, the ride suggests a much costlier vehicle, while the handling is exactly what a well engineered german car should have - nimble, expressive and solid response. The only criticism is that VW needs to get on board with updated technological gadget integration for ipods and phones; it is almost embarassing how old school it seems. Don't plan on packing more than a pair of underwear and a toothbrush if you are traveling - there isn't much space in the trunk, but heck if you wanted to travel with lots of stuff, buy a minivan."

By on Thursday, December 25, 2008

"Love everything except the windshield wipers."

Amazing car for the money

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Picked up our EOS Komfort 2.0T in April '08 after looking at Porsches, MB and Mini. A true steel "hard top" convertible with plenty of comfort, power, handling, dependability, and insurance costs a lot less then the others we looked at. The car is a pleasure to drive and we have yet to get less then 30 MPG on average after 2908.0 miles. My friend is 6'4" and he had no problem getting in and out of the back seat with the top up !"

FUN

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"The EOS is just fun, fun, fun!! The best part is all the stares...especially when you're putting the roof up or down. The greatest comment was that it looked like one of those machines in the movie "Transformers.""

I love it!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"It is my favorite car that I have owned- if not including the spitfire my husband built for me."

Great car - room for 4 in a convertible!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Back seat too small for long trips."

"Have enjoyed this car immensely! Time to move on though! If I could keep it for weekends and have something else to drive all the time, I would!"

This is my perfect car.

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Top up or down in 20 seconds."

Cons: "Small trunk."

"This hard top convertible is magnificient. I live in Illinois. The hard top provides a solid seal against winter weather and year around rain. The back seat is small but big enough for my grand daughter's safety. Gas mileage is about 22-25. Top goes up or down in 20 seconds. (I've timed it). That means I can drive to the mall with the top down, put it up in the parking lot, and down again to return home...conveniently. Trunk is small, especially with the top down so this is not a car for someone who needs a lot of trunk space. I'm a second owner for this 2008. Only problem was a bad sensor in the seat belt clip that had to be replaced. Tire pressure requirements are different in the summer/winter. The light comes on when tire pressure needs to be adjusted. The car is perfect for me. Wish the price tag was lower."

Awsome Car!!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Engine, Appearence, Reliability."

Cons: "Gas mileage not at top end."

"Love the ride!! Very Sporty Car!! I have owned it now for over a year and I have put ground effects on it and put a stripe down the side. The 3.2 V6 is very powerful and when you have to pull out into traffic it gives a nice growl when taking off. I have enjoyed it since I bought it. Love the fact of Coupe, Sunroof, or Convertible option."

My video

My 2007 Volkswagen Eos 3.2

I love this car!

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful car and easy to drive. Fuel efficient."

Cons: "Needs interfaced garage door opener."

"This is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. It handles well and I could watch the top fold into the trunk a thousand times and still be amazed."

German engineering at its' best!

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

"I watched this car from the time it was a concept vehicle. I knew then that I wanted to own one. I himmed and hawwed when I got closer to the time I wanted to buy one. Finally, in 2007, it was announced the option packages would change and the sport package would be eliminated, which actually is higher than the luxury package. I bought mine then, in the color I wanted. I have only had routine maintenance done on this Eos as was the case with the '97 Cabrio I owned before that. Batteries, tires, brakes have all been replaced and other than the smelly problem with the air conditioning that was corrected 3 years ago, there's never been a problem. It is a joy to drive, handles great and I love it. I'm thinking about trading only because I started playing golf 2 months after buying it and golf clubs are a pain the behind to get into the car. Back seat really isn't an option so you have to remove the longest clubs to get them in the trunk, then put the clubs in. The front seat is also a choice but then that's not the best solution."

Excellent value

By on Saturday, March 5, 2011

"I purchased my 2009 Komfort 2.0 Turbo w/AT in March 2010. Now, in March 2011 it has only 1,300 miles on it because of it being strictly a weekend car. Perhaps the low mileage is not an adequate measure with which to judge the car but it has operated flawlessly and is a delight to drive. It turns heads when the top is down and I'm looking forward to another spring, summer and fall of operation. The other advantage is that it's really a 12-month car because of the hardtop rather than the ragtop. Most soft top convertibles are drafty and cold in winter. They say, "When the top goes down, the price goes up". Well, if you compare this to the comparable Mercedes, my car (delivered with tax, etc) at $32K is a real value at about $20K less than the Benz."

Fun, cute ride

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"I've had this car for just about 2 years now and the two main issues I've had are: the dripping/leaking on both driver and passenger side where the seams should seal - it's been "fixed" twice and still leaks; the other issue is that the convertible top sticks! Not every time, but often enough to be a pain. That issue has also been "fixed" at least once and it still happens. Those seem like the 2 biggest issues I've seen that most people have. Outside of those, it's a super fun, cute car to drive. The sunroof option is nice, but as others have noted, it's quite noisy. Trunk space is fine for me - I can fit all my groceries in it w/the luggage rack open. The interior is nothing special, standard VW - All in all, it's a decent car; I'll be switching to a non-convertible when this lease is up, though..."

Fantastic engineering

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I've had dozens of new cars over the years, from Cadillacs to Fords, with several convertibles among them. This car is absolutely fantastic. Comfortable. Cute. Great performance. Safety features galore. Concealed roll bar. No concern over vandals slitting roof when parked. A marvel to watch it go from hardtop to open convertible or convertible to hardtop. Didn't think I'd ever delight in a car more than my 1990 Miata, but I was wrong. With the heated seats and dual heaters, I can put the top down no matter what the temperature, as long as it doesn't rain/snow. In the three months I've had it I look forward to every drive."

I LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"The body structure is awesome. There is not other car on the road like it. The hardtop WOW factor receives many compliements especially during the summer months. My 2.0 is perfect for city driving. I have never taken it to a commercial car wash and I understand those owners who do have potential problems with the hardtop feature. This car is worthy to be hand washed!"

dont buy this car

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I cannot believe how disappointed I am in this car. It is the first new car I have ever bought in my life and it will be the LAST VW I ever buy. This car gulps oil faster than I can keep up with. It has already had the turbo repaired twice; once b/c it was leaking and the other time to completely replace it (car was in the shop for 14 days). Doesn't help that the dealership i work with is absolutely incompetent. STAY AWAY FROM EOS!!!!"

Is this a clunker

By on Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Glad to say iam on a two year lease this vehicle has been in the shop 6 times in 11 months . Various problems leaking roof. copletely shut down , roof would not close. In any situation like this you have to push and threaten Volkswagon as i did .next week they sre giving me a new 2009 eos, to complete my lease I do love the power in this car and the handling is great But I do believe that they havent got all the kinks out."

Very Satisfying

By on Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Its no Nissan GT-R, but its the most comfortable, quiet, and beautiful car I have ever owned or driven. Plus its my first manual transmission I drove which gives it more sentimental value :) Easy to drive, hard to not love."

All around winner

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"This versitile sedan is a great second car that does everything well. The hard top makes it a competent and comfortable commuter with many creature comforts. The drivetrain with its 2 liter turbo and six speed dual clutch automatic provides a sporty yet quite efficient package. But it is the ability to put the top down in 27 seconds and ride at highway speeds in complete comfort that makes it a blast to own."

Great hardtop covertible

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Swapped a 2005 Lexus SC 430 for the EOS. Both are great cars. The only difference is the price. The SC430 is $30,000 more than the EOS."

By on Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Long distance travel at 70mph gave us 30mpg. Now leasing, will buy new model when lease is up. We bough special trunk luggages in Europe. Love that convertible, quick response, economical and smooth ride."

Big Fun, Great Mileage

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"I leased my EOS in Sept 2007 and have had a lot of fun driving it ever since. It gets a lot of looks, I get a lot of "thumbs up" from all kinds of people and it does garner a lot of attention with the top is going up or down. My nieces and nephews think I'm the coolest Aunt around! However, this is a high maintenance vehicle and has been to the shop on several occasions. The biggest issue has been with the front windows, which tend to go down, automatically, when you close the door. Quite inconvenient. The car does get great mileage as I can go 320 miles on just 1/2 tank of gas! Overall, it's way fun!"