2007 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Love it

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling. Responsive. Solid feel."

Cons: "Few cup holders. Little interior storage."

"Great handling. Responsive. Great pickup. Solid feel. Awesome hard top convertible allows 30 second convert so there is never any weather concerns. Stylish body. Best value for the money. Has been very reliable thus far. Could use more cup holders and has very little interior storage with a small glove box. When I get another car it will just be a newer model of this exact same car. Love it."

Great Car Except for the Oil you need in the trunk

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "hard top convertible that is fun to drive"

Cons: "oil burning"

"I love my car and even after almost 5 years it still turns heads when I take the roof down. The issue with this car that little that it burns oil. With the full synthetic 5W40 oil (only 2 brands made that meet VW standards in US), the owner's manual states oil changes at 5 to 10K miles. My car will burn through about 2 to 3 quarts of oil every 5K. This started happening about year 2 of ownership. The dealer did tests and said the car was not burning too much oil. Reading the other sites, many other owners with cars a few years old have this same problem. If you do not mind having a few quarts of oil in your trunk at all times, it is a great car."

Best convertible for price by far

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"I evaluated several convertibles including domestics, volvo, saab, audi, and bmw. Only one that i liked better was the bmw. However at $20K more than the eos, the VW gets the nod. The gas mileage, comfort, performance and features are amazing for this small car that actually weighs over 3700 lbs. I have had no problems to date at 28K miles. The hardtop convertible with the glass moonroof is special and particularly desirable for me. I average 30 miles to the gallon in mixed driving (60% city and 40% hwy)."

Do not buy

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I purchased an Eos Komfort in April 2008 and there are three MAJOR issues that VW tells me are unfixable. 1. Radio - the radio antenna is located in the the trunk! So, the satellite stations go in and out repetitively, the FM stations actually switch around and the am is 80% static and I cannot even listen to the local sports games. Attempts were made to replace the radio but the dealership admitted that all their Eos have the same problem... 2. rain actually lands in your lap when you stop and turn off the car if it is raining outside. because the car is a hardtop convertible the windows drop slightly when you remove the key in order for the door to be opened. Rain immediately POURS along the roof seam into the car, along the internal roof seam and drips/pours directly into your lap. The dealership says its inherant in the design of the roof and there is nothing they can do about it. 3. Again, the windows. The passenger window drops when someone enters and is supposed to go back up but often (inconsistantly) it does not and you'll find that you are driving with a partially open window letting rain in along the passenger side. Do NOT BUY THIS CAR until they resolve these issues. despite some very clever ideas (the roof and retractible moonroof combo) these issues will make the car unacceptable in everyday driving."

Fun and Powerful

By on Sunday, May 11, 2008

"I have had my 2007 EOS for over a year now, and still love to drive it. Coming from the 6 cyl passat I enjoy having the power, and the fun is unbelievable. I get great mileage and have had no problems with the seals, even with the Florida heat. The EOS causes a lot of double takes from people. It's the "Transformer Car". The front seats are very spacious and the crontrols are easy to access. The only two "wish were availables" are memory seats and hands free telephone. With the windscreens and windows up there is virtually no issue with wind even on the interstate. Have had many people with the more expensive makes compliment the EOS on comfort and options. I love the fact that I have all the comforts of the more expensive cars at the VW price. I highly recommend the EOS to anyone who loves to drive. The car handles great and is fun to drive."

Awesome car.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "wonderful to drive, reliable and super fun"

Cons: "A bit pricey and the interior could be more luxe"

"The EOS is sporty, reliable and yet practical. It can scoot around corners at speed but also carry a full load of groceries in the trunk. It's stylish and really good fun to drive. I used to drive a BMW 1-series convertible. The driving agility and performance of the Eos is on a par with the Beamer, but driving a hard top with a big moonroof beats the heck out of driving a tent."

Nice but Problematic

By on Saturday, August 23, 2008

"I have had this car for about 1.5 years and over 17k miles. The price was right for a hardtop convertible. And it is the only one on the market with a sunroof, so there is no comparision there. Pros: Sunroof AND convertible, fun and snappy to drive, nice fuel mileage, gets tons of looks. Decent trunk room for a hard top convertible. It is not a sports car, but handles nicely. The DSG transmission is great and the stero sounds nice. Cons: I have returned to the dealer 5 times for warrantly repairs. My faults include SIX different check engine lights, a broke A/C compressor, windows acting wrong, windows freeze in the winter (bad situation for framless windows), screws falling out of the trunk, two different radio problems, a rattle in the dash, emergency brake handle cover fell off and the worst part is the speedo is off. The seats are uncomfortable. They are really stiff on the sides and dig into your legs. ***Make note, VW calibrates their speedo off by upto 10%. I drive 70 mph on the speedo and it is actually going 63. VW knows about this and says that is standard. They will not change it. With all of the problems above, I realize why VW was rated in the upper 30s out of nearly 40 car manufacturer's for reliability. Just because it is a new car does not mean much these days. It has the same engine as almost 10 other cars and the same transmission, a/c, radio, etc as others, not sure why it would work in a differnt model and not this one."

Hardtop great; turbo terrrific

By on Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pros: "great price; gotta love the hardtop; great turbo"

Cons: "it's not summer year round here."

"The convertible hardtop is hard to beat; with the supplied noise baffles, it's surprisingly quiet on the highway. And with the turbo, the pick up and handling is terrific. It's what you'd expect from a more expensive sports car."

Perfect for NE

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy, hardtop covertible"

Cons: "Struggles in blizzards (its not an SUV)"

"I absolutely love my car. Its great for all seasons. Granted, when we have our New England winters it can be slick, but given this winter has been so mild and beautiful I couldn't be happier with my car. Love it. It has a small back seat so if you regularly have multiple passengers I'm told its tight back there. But for you and a passenger its just right. Heated seats are fantastic in morning. When it's really cold, (I mean teens all week) the windows can get frozen and then you cannot open the car door because they must release about a centimeter to open the car door safely. My solution is if you bought an automatic car starter and put your defrosters on the night before you would be good to go in the morning!"

Great set of wheels

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Only have had the car for 3 weeks now but so far it has performed without a single problem....I am concerned about care for the top seals, getting the right stuff & doing it often enough so will never be leak!! But the EOS is fun to drive, has plenty of power, and the top is a real watcher!! & the DSG 6 sp auto trans is super smooth. Well done VW."

Disappointed

By on Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"We've had this car just over 2 years now. At first I loved it and would have given 5 stars, so it's lucky I've waited to review it. First the bad news. We've had some minor issues - cold weather windows not going down so if the door is opened you cannot get it to close completely because of the window; leaks in heavy rains on the driver side; making an annoying clicking noise when sitting still in traffic. There is also the maintenance costs - very expensive oil changes and even the wiper blades cost a bit more (and that is 3rd party not through the dealership). I'm thankful the car is still under warranty but am real concerned about the future and will hate to be making payments and paying for expensive repairs due to poor quality! The good news - it's fun during the summer. There is an "Aux" in the console you can use to hook up your music devices (I bought a cheap adapter for my iPhone instead of paying the dealer to install their iPod adapter). The fuel economy is decent. Other than that, it's your typical vehicle. In winter driving it's been okay, not outstanding but not terrible. The performance is a bit lack luster and you sometimes wish for a bit more power, especially pulling out into traffic. That being said, it does get moving and can give you a bit of fun driving. There were a few reviews that mentioned the transmission problem - we've just had that fixed as VW has sent out "recall" notices to have a part replaced. We have another car that is the main "family car" since the car seat is in it, although we have used the Eos at times for family outings. The back seats can be a bit tight depending on how much room is needed for the driver & front passenger. In conclusion, I still like the car but am just concerned about the quality and reliability. I just have a feeling that once the warranty runs out, things are going to get expensive! Being in Chicago where it can get a bit cold during the winters, I am concerned about the leaks and windows not shutting. Last year with my 1.5 yr old son in the back, the passenger window went back up prior to us closing the door and it wouldn't go back down, so we had to close the door best we could and drive with a small gap between window and car frame allowing the cold air into the car (while we were on the expressway). I kept trying to get the window to work on the way home (even pulling off to see if I could get it to work after the car warmed up) but it refused to budge. The dealership couldn't find anything wrong so we'll see how this winter goes."

FUN FUN FUN

By on Monday, May 5, 2008

"I have the wonderful pleasure of leasing this car. This is a blast to drive. The only down fall is the fact I can only put 15000 miles on a year. This car can turn heads just sitting down. The neighbor children will come running the first few times they see the top go down or up while nick naming the car ‘transformer”. I average around 27 miles to the gallon. There is nothing like putting in a stressful day, dropping the top and opening the car up for your drive home. What do I love – The push of a button and the roof is up or down. I can drive with the top down. Park at the mall with the top up and feel secure. Trunk space is fabulous. I can carry a case of water and my brief case along with other items in the trunk with the top down. The only complaint (s) – Sirius satellite vs XM. That and I can only drive 15000 miles a year. I have only put on 9000 miles but have had ZERO problems or concerns."

Buy It

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Good styling, good economy, good performance. Trunk space and rear seat cramped but to be expected in a compact coupe. I have the 2008, LUX model and was dissappointed that it didn't have Homelink or that Bluetooth wasn't offered without the Nav system like in other cars in its price range"

Fabulous

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Great performance, great looks -- this car looks rich and acts rich. The huge sunroof makes you feel as if you are driving with the top down all the time. The car handles like a dream and the tranmission and engine are smooth and quiet. Very good gas mileage. Interior is luxurious, gorgeous, roomy and comfortable. Front seat wind control is excellent with the deflector. The back seat is very windy, however, as deflector cannot be used (obviously) with back seat passengers. We are delighted with this car and wish we had 2 of them."

One Great Car

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Great all around car! Never a problem or concern"

Cons: "Premium Gas"

My Buddy At The Beach!

"I have had this car since new and have taken it on several trips to Florida, Atlanta, Chicago, Milwaukee, Toronto, New York. It is my daily driver and love this car in Winter, Spring, SUMMER"

My Buddy At The Beach!

Looking forward to a long relationship

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Just bought the Eos Komfort having downsized from A Mountaineer. I love this car! It's well equipped at the base model. It's fun to drive, head turning and has way more pick up than I expected. I do wish there was more storage up front. The glove compartment is small and there's no storage between the seats. I'm making the pocket on the door work but it's definitely an adjustment coming from an SUV. On the upside, the trunk actually holds quite a bit, even with the top down. The sunroof is awesome!!! My favorite thing is telling people it's a convertible with a sunroof. Most people have no idea this car even exists. And, I've been in it about a week and have yet to see another one on the road and I really like that."

I LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Sunday, November 1, 2009

"This is perhaps the most fun I've ever had with a car. It's precise handling, the unbelievable zero to 60 speed (for a four cylinder car), the turning radius, the sexy style. I have only found two negative points regarding this car. One, for a fully equipped car, it amazes me that you MUST manually turn the headlights on and off. I can't believe they don't turn off if you forget to click them off. The other then, and this is odd for a convertible, is that when you have the top down, there is no way to lock your trunk (with other convertibles that I have owned, you are able to disable the truck lock switch in the door... which you cannot disable with this car). That leave you with NO secure storage space if you have your top down. This was a silly thing for VW to forget when making this car. Other than those two items, this is by far the best car I have ever owned. If VW fixes these two items, they will have created, in my opinion, the perfect car!""

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"Great car, expensive to maintain though, my fault for not researching prior to purchase. Fun to drive and love the hardtop convertible. Small back seat, but that is expected with a car of this size. Head turner and I get a lot of compliments on it."

Great around town car

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Sunroof"

Cons: "Wheels spin, expensive, premium gas..."

"At first I really liked my car and thought i just needed get used to it. After over a year the speed doesn't stay constant (even with cruise control) and its impossible to keep straight. The weight of the car isn't heavy enough for it's power so the wheels spin out constanty. As a little around town car I'm sure it would be great, but for car trips over two hours it's a pain. BUT The convertible down is GREAT, the heated seats are fantastic, it has an amazing sound system, and the sun roof is giant!"

FUN CAR

By on Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"LOVE MY CAR! ONLY COMPLAIN IS THEAT IT DOES NOT HAVE A REARSENSOR WHEN I BACK UP."

Great idea.

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun, GREAT GAS MILAGE! Turbo!"

Cons: "Few cup holders Small baskseat, Carseats DO NO FIT"

"I currently own A VW EOS, I have had it for almost a year. I lived in Portland Oregon for a majority of the time and was looking for a convertible I could use once we moved to a warmer climate. After a crime spree in the area I was nervous to get a convertible due to cut ins in the top. This was the perfect fit for what I needed. PROS: This is an amazing car. Drives great. Love the Turbo. And when the top is down the stereo is amazing. Looks pretty cool putting the top down. Transformer... Fantastic gas milage CONS: like all convertibles small back seat. Cannot fit a carseat properly. And after driving from Portland to Phoenix I will never sit in the back seat again... not meant for long drives with passengers in the back seat."

It hates me...

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute and flirty"

Cons: "Something goes wrong every 3 months"

"I've had my cute little car for 3 years and I believe that it hates me....it'd rather spend it's time, top up, in the service bay at the dealership than out on the road with me. I hope it's just my car and not the entire fleet...."

DEFECTIVE DRG TRANSMISSION

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"I bought my EOS new in 2009 and at 1400 miles the transmission blew and was replaced under warranty with a previously defective unit VW calls refurbished. At 11,000 the transmission blew again and was replaced with a formerly defective unit again. I am a normal driver using the car to and from work and around town and am appalled that this DRG has failed twice in one year. Overall, the EOS is a fun car to drive and good value, but I think that anyone contemplaintg purchasing any car with the DRG transmission should not buy it. I think that the incidences of DSG transmission failures is vastly underreported since VW 'cheerully' replaces them and extends the warranty. I urge anyone who has had this problem to register transmission failure problems to the NHTSB as I have done so that the true extent is known. While these two failures cost me nothing, the aggravation, hassle and danger of having frequent transmission failure far out weighs the other good features of this car."

Shock and Awe

By on Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"I eagerly bought my red 08 EOS with cream interior. I love the styling and comfort. I loved the push button retractable top. I even had people stop me and ask me to open the top for them. Really cool to watch top slide into trunk. Loved the hard top and large sunroof. THEN, my car started using oil. After my first oil change, the oil was totally out of my car and the car started making a terrible sound. Then after looking at my paperwork, a complete oil change was not done, only my oil topped off. VW said that the paperwork was incorrect and they did change my oil, but they just did not charge me for it or put it in the computer. RIGHT!! VW acted like it was nothing and got a technician on the line who said it was normal to use a half quart every 1000 miles. I kept going back and making them document that it was using oil. After about 5 trips, they wanted me to do an oil consumption testing, (which I asked them to do the first time), but they would not do. I was told that the problem was the 2.0T turbo engine, that maybe it had problems. I could not wait to get rid of my EOS even though I searched for the right car and thought it was it. No more VW's for me, sorry to say. My niece has the Passat with the same 20T with no trouble, but has had other electronic problems."

Love my eos

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Got my car August 2006, I have been through 2 new england winters, and a beautiful summer. I love this car. no complaints"