2011 Volkswagen CC

Based on 187 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Will buy another & another & another...

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "SAFE;GREATmpg;turn small area EASY;unique interior"

Cons: "No backup/parallel park help/brakeslow if 2 close"

"BEAUTIFUL exterior/interior - interior is beige & black on seats, etc. Drives smoothly; low noise from other cars. Has a roll bar, front and side windows all have airbags and anti skid brakes so if raining & you take a sharp turn the car won't roll over -feel VERY safe!! EASILY does "turn arounds" in small areas. Get approximately 24-25 mpg intown and 37-38 mpg interstate. 45,000 miles on it now - have never had a mechanical problem (had the Passat prior to this for 3 years - the Passat CC is better on mileage). WISH IT HAD: Factory installed bluetooth where can press "phone" button on steering wheel; navigation system w/rear camera & "help" to parallel park; if too close to car in front of you car will slow down automatically; moon roof that slides open - NOT angle "up" 4 inches. Apparently 2013 model will have all features."

Great car to drive, look at and be seen in

By on Friday, July 8, 2011

Pros: "Styling, inside and outside, touchscreen audio, driving experience, little luxury touches"

Cons: "limited color options, packaged options and trims instead of individual option choices"

"VW hit a home run with this car. I priced out a Sonata, IS250, G35 and Regal. None felt as good as this car or offer as much bang for the buck. I really love the syling of the exterior. The interior is simple and elegant and look more expensive than it is.If I had to make suggestions for improvement, I would like to see more choices in options like the Dynaudio sound system for the entry model and up, more exciting color options and a diesel option. This is a great car to drive. It feels solid. I made a great decision to get this car."

Beautiful to look at, fun to drive.

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and looks more expensive than it is."

Cons: "It takes a while to adjust to some of the controls"

"I have a CC Sport with the 2.0L turbo and 6 speed manual. I just returned from a round trip drive from Northern Ohio to Florida, with four adults and luggage for a week. The car was comfortable and never felt under powered. The CC is fun to drive and very well equipped for the price. We have no complaints about the rear visibility or the rear seat. The car is beautiful on the outside and the interior is well designed with good quality materials and plenty of amenities."

I love this Car!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "awesome in every way! Fun to drive"

"This is the most awesome car. I don't think I will ever go back to driving American Made vehicles. Comfort, ease of handling, stylish. Love the turbos, can feel them kick in and off you go! The car has awesome pick up and go. It makes driving fun! People stare at my car & ask what it is. In my area CC's aren't very popular. In fact, I have one of the first in my town!"

Great on the highway

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "Perfect car for long drives"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I bought my CC Lux Plus three months ago and took the whole family across the country. Loved every minute of it. This car is great on the highway. City driving is less fun, there is some sort of delay when you step on the gas but on the highway you can accelerate easily. The seats are comfortable but very low to the ground making it hard to get out. I wish my model had air in the seats (there's holes for air but no air) but I think that option is available. It is like driving a luxury car without the big sticker on it that screams luxury. Understated, beautiful and fun to drive."

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic bang for the buck."

"Great gas mileage, sporty and fast."

great car; fun to drive but kills drinks the gas!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"My wife and I Lease this car and love it. If you have the money to not worry about gas prices and want a fun sexy looking car, this one is well worth it. Pros: nice pick-up, sexy curves, head lights move when you turn the wheel, big trunk with fold down middle. Cons: insurance is expensive, uses premium gas, aux input is in the middle of arm rest and ipod connector is in the glove box."

What a sexy thing!!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "This car is sexy and fast!"

Cons: "Headlights need to go off when parked and key in."

"I was test driving many cars and went out on limb to drive the cc VW. I fell in love with the car instantly!! The comfort and feel in the drivers seat was not like anything else..I LOVE THIS CAR!! The drive is smooth and maneuvering is slick. I am not sure on reliability, since I have had it only 4 months, so gave it a 9. It was used so the value was right in my budget...thank you to the previous owner for taking such great care of this vehicle."

A Strong 9.5, Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "value, fun to drive, design, lots of storage"

Cons: "So far none at all"

"I bought my CC used as a lease return with very low mileage. It has been everything I wanted and more especially for the price paid. I love the handling for a larger VW, gas mileage, pickup, looks and fit and finish. I was concerned about it being a first-year early production model by my fears have vanished. I shopped for a manual shift and could not find another finer."

I love this car

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Fast, great handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "Insurance is higher than I expected on this car"

"VW's seem to have a reputation of being really good or really bad. This is my 4th and by far my favorite. Moved up from the TDI Jetts. Miss the great MPG the Jetta gave me but the performance of the CC 4Motion is incredible. If I drive it nicely, 70 or slower :( , I can get 28 to 30 MPG. If I drive it like it was meant to be driven its more like 22 MPG. 10K miles between oil changes and scheduled maintenance. Have had no issues with this car at all. Would highly reccomend to anyone that is bored with driving their car. It is fun to drive again....."

Suprisingly fun and sporty car for a sedan

By on Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pros: "a steal at the sticker price"

Cons: "no sunroof option"

"I have had my CC Sport for about two months now and I must say it's one of the most positive surprises I've ever had in a purchase. The car felt great during the test drive, but that just didn't do it justice. Owning it and driving it for the last few months, everything about the car has grown on me. The VW engineers did a fabulous job on fit and finish, and the engine sips gas when I want it to (and burns it fast when I want it to also). The dealer (who also has an Audi store) tells me that the CC is an Audi A4 in a front-wheel drive configuration with the VW sheet metal, for what that's worth. It feels like it. ...and shhhh, don't tell my wife, but my kids love the "Launch Control" function (that VW lifted from their Porsche brethren). The thing rockets off the line like no 4-cylinder (and few 6's) I've ever driven when you use it. The only downside is that because of the curved roof, a sunroof isn't available. Too bad. Highly recommend it if you are looking at any vehicle of similar size."

Very, very responsive and sporty, but comfortable!

By on Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive with a luxury feel."

"The 2.0 Turbo engine is crazy responsive and car is extremely fun to drive. It's a luxury sports car!!"

Very good vehicle for its price

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Great price,lux interior, leather, fun drive"

Cons: "multimedia system has wierd navigation"

"Great car. Every time somebody seats in it first time, you will hear "Wow! Interior is awesome!" I've two tone one so it gives extra A+ credit. It is also pretty comfortable. Even for 6.4'' person sitting at the back sit with same tall driver. Driving is good and sufficiently dynamic. From thing that can be better - more powerful engine would be nice to have more push. But this is cause I like driving fast and dynamic. Car still can easily overpower basic Camaro. Plus: excellent interior and exterior. 4/5 engine Minus: not so good multimedia system -sometime navigation in menus is odd."

Excellent All-Rounder

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "large trunk, unique style, sporty"

Cons: "practicality, fuel economy, cost"

"This car perfectly combines a sporty and fun driving experience as well as a comfortable and luxurious ride. The VR6 model with 4Motion I purchased is excellent in snow and has ample amounts of power. The sleek styling makes this the perfect choice for anyone debating on purchasing a coupe or a sedan. The car has the look of a 2 door coupe but has the practicality of a 4 door sedan. Interior is also very high quality and features premium material. The dash and the areas on the doors are soft padded material with leather seats and steering wheel. The trunk, although low in height, is very deep. Rear leg room is also good but headroom as well as getting in and out of the back seat can be an issue for people 6' or taller. Overall, even with the high cost as well as higher fuel costs, this is an excellent car for people looking for a unique, stylish, luxurious, and powerful sedan."

CC stands for Cool Car!

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Looks, feel, fuel economy is ~26-28mpg hwy"

Cons: "4 seater, not a con for me maybe for some"

"I have had many cars and I have liked all of them, this car, I actually say "I love it". It is sleek and sexy. The 2.0T is quick and responsive, my girlfriend says she loves driving my car, she drives a Nissan. My kids asked me what "CC" stood for and I told them "Cool Car"... Talk about looks inside and outside, very asthetically pleasing to the senses. I love the two tone interior. Only drawback is the bucket seats in the rear, but I can live with this. It is a 4 seater. I was parallel parking one day, and this guy was standing next to his Beamer. I thought to myself, dude, I am not going to hit your Beamer. Actually he was just waiting for me to get out of my CC to ask me questions about my CC. In a nutshell, VW has built a fabulous car, go test drive one and see for yourself. I am a proud owner."

2012 CC Lux Limited

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Style, comforfort, performance, economy and value."

Cons: "Four seats and low truck height might be an issue."

"This is one terrific car! Interior and exterior styling is outstanding compared to the mundane appearance of many cars these days. Comfort and performance are excellent. The turbo charged 4 cylinder engine feels like 175HP in typical driving but feels like 260HP when needed. I am averaging 28 MPG driving locally in what can be described as light, suburban traffic with half of my trips being about 3 miles back and forth from the supermarket. I admit to making an effort to maximize mileage. When the car was picked up there was a 250 mile drive home. At 60 MPH the car got 35 MPG. I think anyone should be able to meet the sticker mileage except in heavy, city traffic. This car is a bit smaller than many direct competitors. In practical terms this means it seats four comfortably. The trunk is not very tall but the depth is good and the rear seats can fold down. Interior materials are first rate and everything is conveniently located. Some of the controls on the steering wheel stalks take a little bit of getting use to but any new car will have some learning curve. I have had mostly high end German luxury cars and while this car is clearly not in that category, I do feel right at home with the CC. One little aside is that my last car was a MB ML500 SUV. I always had to take it to the car wash for cleaning. With the CC I find I can easily wash the car myself, savings me a couple of hundred dollars a year in car washes and I need the exercise!"

This is one of the best we ever had!

By on Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pros: "Price, MPG, style, luxury, quality and reliability"

Cons: "No cons. None. Zip. Nada."

"Great looking, comfortable, smooth shifts, excellent handling,super mileage, exquisite road trip car. You could not go wrong with the CC."

Great car for under $35k

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Fun car, attractive, good bang for the buck"

Cons: "trunk space is deep but not tall, 4 seater"

"I have had my 2010 VW CC Sport Turbo for 2 years now and overall, it has been a good car. While searching for which car to buy, I compared many like the BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, etc.. withing the same price range and found that VW gave more options for the dollar."

Customer service FAIL

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "good exterior"

Cons: "TERRIBLE gas mileage, lousy torque, erratic shift"

my last average with 10 gallons...the previous was 17.4mpg. Thanks VW

"I owned the previous model, 2010 with a manual. Loved it, but because of issues with my back had to switch for the automatic 2013 model. Liked the exterior design (the interior is exactly the same) and i got the same price so i took the chance. The salesman told me the gas mileage is slightly worse, about 10% lower than the stick shift. As you can see from the photos, this car gets me 17-18 mpg. The sticker says 22mpg. After 3000 miles they found a problem w the gearbox and replaced a chip. It seemed to be working much better but then i noticed lag in shifting and downshifting by itself, especially at pulling up to a light. I took the car to the dealer, he checked and said it was the chip again reseting itself every time i start the car. And now, it started to burn through gas as if it's a truck. I take it to the dealer and they say they've checked everything but it's all fine, that i'm probably driving too aggressively. I live in Miami and drive clients in my car so driving fast or erratic isn't an option. On top of it, they won't give me a loaner car so i have to stay in the dealer for 4-5 hours every time. And to top it off, they call me after i complain to check and tell me AGAIN that everything has been checked and i am exaggerating. So i did a little bit of a test this past month, and as you can see, the car's own system is showing i'm right. This is the first time i've left a review, and at this point don't even care what the final result is. I will likely get rid of this car one way or another, get the lease bought out from one of your competitors. But i will also make sure EVERYONE finds out about the treatment that i've received. Youtube, Facebook, my area of influence, i'll even put a sign on my balcony if i have to. I am done with you."

my last average with 10 gallons...the previous was 17.4mpg. Thanks VW

I have really liked the CC model, now need AW.

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

"The CC has been very reliable, and also a very nice looking car. The turbo helps. I'm just looking for an all wheel drive car now."

Buyer Beware - The Volkswagon CC

By on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pros: "Good looking, great handling, fun to drive."

Cons: "The timing chain tensioner has a design flaw."

"I bought a 2009 Volkswagen CC Sport with the 2.0 Liter TDI engine brand new. I really liked the looks, the finish, and the driving performance of the car. However, the engine timing chain tensioner has a design flaw that will cause it to collapse (read fail). When the timing chain tensioner fails, it results in catastrophic damage to the engine often requiring the replacement of the entire engine at a cost of many thousands of dollars. These failures have occurred at a wide range of total mileage but, according to my research, most often occur above 60,000 miles. Coincidentally, 60,000 miles is when the warranty expires. I became aware of this basic design flaw in the engine because this failure just happened to me. I am now faced with towing the car to the junk yard because the engine replacement actually costs more than the car is worth ($7,460). Because of this engine design flaw, I recommend that no one purchase the Volkswagen CC (or any other Volkswagen model) with the 2.0 Liter TDI engine."

VW CC - Great "luxury" car at a reasonable price!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, luxurious, beautiful, classy car!"

Cons: "no sunroof, low to the ground and sloped roof line"

"I at am the end of my lease of a 2012 VW CC SE 4 door, White Gold Metallic. Great vehicle, great value at a reasonable price. This car was frequently mistaken for a Mercedes 350. I will be leasing another VW probably a 2014 Tiguan R-Line. I have been driving VW's since 1995, leased the last three VW's. I think I love VW's :)"

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pros: "Great price, Great options, Fun to drive"

Cons: "noisy suspension, some wind noise and road noise"

my 2011 CC

"This is my favorite vehicle and my favorite Volkswagen I have ever owned. I don't believe this car is for everyone however it is in my opinion an adult car for a man or woman who does not have small children or only intends on carrying 1 to 4 people. My car is the CC model that is a true sports sedan as it has only 4 seats much like some BMW's and Mercedes. I did not give it all 10's as the car could be quieter as it has some road noise and wind noise but for the price of this car it is great. The suspension could be stiffer in my opinion also mine had a noisy strut on back other than that never any problems with this car I absolutely love driving it, it is so much fun to drive."

my 2011 CC

Don't get scammed

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"VW website says CC Luxury comes with dual zone climate control. What they don't say is that it is not standard in the 2010 only in the 2009. Discovered this after taking delivery and VW says website is incorrect but will not adjust for the problem. Buyer beware and check with dealer before purchase."

This car has been the most fun.

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Pros: "Awesome to drive"

Cons: "With air on poor pick up"

"I looked at this car for a long time before I bought it. I chose this year because of the changes to the tail lights. Everywhere I go people stop to look and point. This is not a common car seen on the road. The speed and agility is amazing. When the turbo kicks in the car really takes off. It is German engineering at it's best."