2011 Volkswagen CC

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Quiet, stylish

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"Always owned Honda Accords but with the kids away at college we decided to move into something with a little more style. We could not be happier, the most quiet ride that you could imagine, no outside noise at all and a ride that makes me want to drive and drive and drive. There are so many things that I like about this car I just can't name them all, 100% satisfied with my 1st VW purchase. One other thing, we drove our CC for 3 weeks until we saw another one on the road, awesome."

Nice style entry level euro road car

By on Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pros: "Style, ride, driveability"

Cons: "Dated infotainment, VW reliability record"

"I purchased my 2014 CC Sport just over a month ago. I use it as a daily driver 10 miles one way in the NE U.S. This is my 3rd VW in a row and so far, the one I'm least impressed with. The car looks slick but lost style in the 2013 update in a marketing bid called "branding" that makes most VWs look like each other. Otherwise it's a nice looking car with many nice features and those are easily accessible on the website for comparison. I will say that folks that say VWs are expensive are not comparing comparably equipped cars. Some of my favorite things about this car: V-tex seating, love it! AFS headlights, very nice. Overall dash configuration and fold down rear seats. Steering mounted controls are work great. Bluetooth phone integration is awesome. The ride is realy firm so if your looking for a couch on wheels this isn't it. Driving is easy and the 2.0TSI is plenty responsive. The DSG auto works well with the engine but takes some getting used to for those new to this "automated manual" transmission. Things I don't like: Where oh where did the footwell lights go? 34G and no footwell lights? The dash creaks almost all the time and the dealer said "don't hear it". Drivers dash cubby cut my left hand; dealer said "can't fix it". Radio works well but is dated and lacks features found in cheap domestic cars. iPhone hookup buried in the glovebox. I would buy this car again but after I got one that din't sound like the dash is going to fall out going down the road."

Best VW hands down!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Great fun and keeps up with A4's, 3's and C-class"

Cons: "pillar blind spot, storage"

"I've owned the 2010 Sport for 2 years. I have traveled all over Colorado, to Kentucky and back to Northern California. This is the best kept secret in the world. For under $30K I am in the league of A4's, C Class and 3 series. Sport Mode is a dream on the highways and B Roads. I wish they would do one of these on the Jetta platform as the car is a smidge to big for my liking. That being said the only drawback is the pillars a on the big side so keep an eye out on those left turns as it is easy to have someone in that blind spot. This car is neck and neck with my old IS 300 as far as overall fun to drive and comfort. Actually thinking of getting the new one when the lease is up next summer."

Wonderful Auto

By on Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pros: "Sharp, fun to drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "Not a car for large persons, some comfort sacrificed for style."

"As in the world of motorcycles Germany is now setting the standard for performance and affordability in autos which for the past three decades has been dominated by Japan. I have to give Kudos to the U.S. for making great strides in the past 5 years for quiality and value. However, American car makers are not quite where they need to be yet in my eyes. This car has all of the creature comforts you could ask for. It is extremely fun to drive. I agree with the other reviewers who feel that the V6 AWD version is overkill and not worth the substantial decrease in fuel economy and large increase in price. However, if you live in the upper midwest then the added capability may be worth it for the piece of mind for some. Having test driven both engines the only difference is a bit of a smoother torque curve through the rev range, especially at lower rpms. However, the differences between the 4 cyl turbo and the VR6 are minimal. I also found the operating noise to be less in the 4 cyl turbo than the VR6. If you are a fan of German style and engineering and you are not tied to having a certain "badge" on your grill you should be thrilled with this car. My first VW and I doubt it will be my last."

The Beast of the East

By on Monday, April 5, 2010

"This car is the best car i have ever owned!!! I drove the c class benz before i got this and this is much better and the sport that i have gets up in speed"

Love it! Love it! love it!

By on Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Bought it in April 2009 and coming up on 10,000 miles. Fit and finish is great, handles like a dream and very comfortable on. Approximately 65% of my mileage is highway but so far I have AVERAGED 34 mpg combined city & highway; I consistently get 38 - 40 mpg on job trips of 70 - 90 miles on the NYS Thruway. Love it! Love it! Love it!"

2013 CC LUX--Euro Attitude & Road Feel

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "DESIGN, ROAD FEEL, FIT & FINISH, INTERIOR QUALITY"

Cons: "NO REARVIEW CAMERA EXCEPT ON V6; TRICKY VISIBILITY"

"I am a former owner of Audi and Subaru, and this is my first non-AWD car in a long time. After two test drives, the great road feel of the CC sold me. It feels like at Audi but costs thousands less! Unique exterior contours and styling, solid ride, quiet cabin, crisp acceleration, and a sporty drive feel with nicely tuned suspension and a taut German attitude give this car a unique personality. It has an elegant, simply designed interior, zero wind noise and it corners like a sport sedan costing thousands more. Superb looking Euro-designed two-tone upholstery (tan/black) with great back/lumbar support and bolsters, seat heaters and 12-way power seats...although they're not real leather. (At first, I was a little disappointed.) Well-thought out engineering and design features throughout, from the VW CarGo trunk organizer option to the chiller in the glove box and the mini glovebox to the left of the steering wheel (both standard). Simple but easy-to-use navi system, Bluetooth and a decent standard stereo system. I'm 6' feet tall with very long legs and there's no shortage of room for me. Rear a/c vents help cool/warm comfortable rear seats. One thing I wish I could have gotten but couldn't get without upgrading to the unnecessary V6 and that's a back-up camera. This car does present some visibility issues given its low roof line, high trunk, wide center pillar and steeply raked rear window. I've gotten used to it but it is a challenge until you do. I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase. I look for every reason to go for a drive...the longer, the better. Don't even think about buying an A4, a 3 series, a TSX or a G37 until you drive the CC for comparison's sake. (By the way, I didn't rate reliability because I haven't owned the car long enough to know...but so far, so good.)"

Great looking car with reliability issue

By on Monday, August 1, 2016

Pros: "looks, acceleration, fun to drive"

Cons: "reliability, gas mileage"

"I owned my 2010 CC for almost 6 years now with a little over 69000 miles. Here's my honest assessment: Positive: Great looking car-inside and out, Quick acceleration for a 4-cylinder, I love the interior-not overly decorated but looks luxurious. Negative: Reliability is an issue with this car. First, the transmission was replaced at about 36,000 miles since it won't go to reverse. At about 57,000 miles, it stalled on me and it cost me over $3,700 to have it fixed-reason: failed fuel pump and excessive carbon build up. Gas mileage is also terrible; I am averaging around 22 MPG combined city/hi-way driving. Overall, even though I love this car, I don't think I will be buying another Volkswagen."

CALIFORNIA CAR

By on Thursday, June 16, 2016

Pros: "Style, comfort, reliability, drivability, economy"

Cons: "Small rear view mirrors, weak rear window defogger"

"I've owned this 2012 CC since it was new in March of 2011. In that time I have had NOTHING go wrong with the car with the exception of one spark plug mounted coil. I have a couple of niggling complaints that stem from me being to tall to get in and out of the car comfortably, but that's hardly the car's fault. It's comfortable, fast, safe and reliable. I would rather the rear window defogger was a little more powerful and VW stereo systems always seem to be a few years behind, but those are minor issues. And I get 32 mpg averaging 68 mph on freeway trips."

Great vehicle, great looks, good ride, comfortable

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride and more standard features than others"

Cons: "Transmission, touchscreen more difficult than 2010"

"Had a 2010 and loved it. 2010 got better highway milage (36 -37), 2013 gets 29 -30 mpg. We bought a Black 2013 CC Sport Plus which looks and handles better than the 2010. The 18 inch wheels and tires make a big difference, quieter and smoother. Both had 2.0 200 HP Turbo. Plenty of power in the city and highway. Love the new Bi-Xenon self leveling headlights and LED tail lights. Headlights turn up to 15 degrees with the steering. Wife drives it 22 miles each way to work daily and she loves it. She said it is the nicest car she has ever owned. The CC ride is a little stiffer than my 2000 BMW 5 Series but the handling is almost as good. It takes turns like a sportscar. Not real happy with the 6 speed DSG auto transmission w/ Tiptronic. Sometimes it seems not to know what to do. The car comes with everything including auto windshield wipers, self leveling Bi-Xenon headlights, anti slip, anti lock brakes, Electronic Stability Control, 18" alloy wheels, touchscreen nav sys. and audio sys. Heated front seats, heated mirrors, tire pressure monitoring, anti theft alarm with immobilizer theft deterrent and more. Only thing I wish it had is memory seats. Wife is 5'2" and I am 5'11". After she drives I cannot get into the car without adjusting the seats. The car has power front seats not like Japanese cars. Passenger seat adjusts as many positions as the driver seat does. A friend of mine has a CL Benz which I think the VW copied the shape. The front doors in the Benz are much smaller than the CC. I have trouble getting in and out of the Benz but not the CC. The car feels much more expensive than it is. It feels like a sister to the Audi A5 which costs about $12,000 more."