2011 Volkswagen CC

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Fun, Sporty, Unique

By on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"I like this car because there really isn't anything else on the road that looks like it. It is fun to drive, although, there is hesitation off the line (due to the Turbo charged engine, I'm sure). However, there have been several times that I am going 80-85 and don't even realize it. This car handles high speeds with grace. That said, I do wish VW would increase their horsepower without compromising fuel efficiency. I'm a little disappointed that the Blue Tooth is not standard and the tail pipes don't have chrome tips. Other than that, I feel that this car is a very good value for the money. Looking forward to see how she handles in the snow :) Gotta love V-dub!"

Best car I've owned so far!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, very sporty and stylish"

Cons: "Gas type"

"This is a car thats fun to drive, beautiful to look at and easy to own. I have been driving this car for two years now and still love it as much as the day I drove off the lot. It is very confortable of long drives, handles well on hills, curves...you name it. LOVE THIS CAR :)"

Most Fun to Drive

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"I have had my 2009 cc for a year now. It is my fourth VW but by far the best one I have ever owned. It is a blast to drive, it's great looking and I get comments on it every time I park in a public setting. It drives like a sports car with a luxury car feel. Best Part: I am AVERAGING 31 MPG all the time! What a great combination of style, fun, power, looks comfort and economy... VW nailed this one."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2009 CC VR6 Sport. I have been very pleased with the purchase coming from an Acura TL Type S. The car is a great cross section between sport, luxury and functional sedan. The car handles wonderfully, is very comfortable even on long trips and is a real eye catcher. The only complaints I have are that the navigation system has a bit of a lag which can take a while to enter a destination and that there are no handles above the door (no where to hang dry cleaning). Needless to say, if those are the worst complaints I can find this is a very nice automobile. I compared the CC with the Infiniti G37, Lexus ES, BMW 3 series and the new Acura TL and it was by far the best car for the money in my opinion."

A sporty looking but lacks some key features

By on Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Pros: "good price, good looks, luxury looking interior"

Cons: "important technical features are missing"

"Sporty, sturdy excellent car. It has most of the features that you would expect for the cars but lacks some key/essential features must have nowadays at price level. Surprised VW didnt include those even at the top of the line model. Blind Spot monitoring, Rear cross traffic alerts, Homelink/Homeconnect remote buttons are surprisingly missing. It is even missing sun glass holder."

4 door sports car

By on Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pros: "Fun car to drive. Luxury everywhere"

Cons: "ergonomics"

"This 4 cylinder 2.0 Turbo drives like a sports car with a V8 under the hood. Everything about this car says "luxury". My only complaint involves ergonomics. It is somewhat difficult to get in and out of without a can opener. If I was 20 years younger, that might not be a problem. Overall...a fun car to drive"

One of the Best Purchases Ever

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

"From the ground up this has by far been my best purchase ever! Far exceeding the mph stated on both highway and in town this stylish car has yielded more compliments than any other I have owned as well as made driving not only fun, but comfortable and dependable on all levels! A 5 star car!"

VW CC Sport

By on Sunday, August 8, 2010

"This is an updated review for '10 VW CC Sport. I have driven this car for about 4 months now with around 3.5k on it right now. So far the car has been great, it gets a lot of attention everywhere and drives like a fine German car should. Fuel economy is decent, but I never expected hybrid fuel economy. Note, the ride is firm with its sport suspension which provides great handling. The 6 speed manual operates flawlessly, the turbo has a little lag, but provides very nice acceleration and better fuel economy when needed; 4 cyl, 2.0 L Turbo does feel like a V-6 and the sleek design of the car provides a road hugging feeling. The car comes with a lot of cool features that come standard. To sum it up this car is like a really hot girlfriend that you can't take your eyes off of, period."

awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, May 29, 2010

"handles very well. alot of power for a 4 cylinder vehicle. nice looks"

Owner of the best car ever

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Yessir this is the car that made me give up a benz! It drives better and is priced less!!! I love german engineering lol"

Beautiful car

By on Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"We just bought a new 2009 CC and it is a beauty! It handles and rides very well. I love the way it handles the road. I hope it lasts us for a while. I am impressed with the 3 year maintenance program. Ask me after we have owned it about 8 years and I will have more to say."

After 2 weeks of ownership

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"My VR6 Sport is surprisingly powerful and agile. The gas miles is great. I am getting about 22.9 miles to the gallon running premium. I just filled up with mid grade to test mileage difference. The only complaints I have at this time is that the owners manual needs to be re-written in a better format of instruction. I left the lights on. Totally my fault. But getting the car open and then getting to the battery was quite interesting to say the least. This is my second week of ownership. I will be back in a few weeks to further add comments."

Value Packed

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"This car has all the bells and whistles of the higher end luxury vehicles, but at a much lower price, without losing the quality and performance expected from Volkswagon. I have been so happy with this vehicle I cant sleep at night because, I want to go drive it some more."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"I am glad I purchased this auto instead of any other. Runs great and runs very quite. VW has made an great car. My wife loves it. Great trip car. If you are looking for great value and style, buy this car. Looks very similar to the new mercedes and bmw. Go VW!!"

My First VW

By on Monday, February 2, 2009

"I am very pleased with my VW CC. It is very fun to drive. It hugs the road well and takes turns with ease. The gas mileage is good, especially for a 4-door sedan."

Fun car & economical on fuel..

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"I've only owned this car a month, and enjoy driving it a lot. It's a real fun car with plenty of power, it corners well, and has a great suspension system. Fuel milage is very good - about 27 mpg all around, and 30s on the highway so far (it needs more mileage to break in). I've also received many comments about it's neat new style. Many folks think it's an expensive luxury car!!"

If you love VWs you'll love the CC

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "VW knows how to treat the driver!"

Cons: "If you have to be the carpool driver."

"Nothing tells me more about how a car compares to others than when my friends that own BMWs and Jaguars drive it and love it. VW did a great job with the design and performance of this CC. I only purchased the base 2.0 turbo 4cyl and it performs as expected. The gas mileage is better than reported. I get almost 40 MPG during my 35 mile freeway trip from work (at 60 MPH) a little less if I go faster but not much. I typicaly get 34-38 during that trip. Also, my city mileage is in the high 20's consistently. I owned a 2003 VW Passat prior to this car and I would continue to own VWs as long as they continue to cater to the drivers and not worry about everyone else in the car (who by the way do not make the car payments), like the american manufacturers. Keep it up VW!"

Great Car Except 1 Thing

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"I got my VW CC Luxury Edition in June 2009, and have enjoyed pretty much everything about it, ... except for one thing: Driving when it rains. The angle of the rear window doesn't allow for sufficient drainage of water. The beads of water just stand or barely run (even at 60+ MPH). To make matters worse, the design of the side rearview mirrors also allows these to collect water and not let it run off. So, there is all kinds of "standing water" on the car when it rains, which causes some safety concerns since you don't have the best view looking behind you when it rains. And this is even with the use of windshield treatment products."

Wonderful Car

By on Friday, April 2, 2010

"I love the styling, the power, the fact I get great gas mileage, and the fact that there aren't a bunch of them out there. I often get people looking the car over and admiring it. The navigation system is great. I am 6'5" and often have trouble with headroom - but this car, because of how the moonroof is positioned, has plenty of room. All in all, I am extremely happy with this car!!"

Exciting Car To Drive

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"I absolutely love my CC! It is unlike anything I've ever driven. I don't like driving a car everyone else has. When I look into buying a new vehicle, I much prefer vehicles that are rarely seen around, but look fantastic. The CC definitely fits the bill. My husband is 6'7" and the front leg/head room is unbelievable. He is more comfortable in my car than his full size truck. We recently took a trip to the Midwest and got over 550 miles per tank. My only criticism is there should have been more options for wheels. Although I love the design of the wheels that came with the car, VW should have chromed them. With all the exterior chrome detailing it would have made more sense. I'm currently looking to have them chromed. I am so happy to be a part of the VW family! I'm 100% certain my husband would buy one too if we didn't need a truck for pulling our boat and camper."

DREAM VW

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "true comfort coupe, large trunk luxury in and out"

Cons: "have to be heavy foot for DSG trans"

"After owning 4 Jetta & 2 Passat the CC is a new ball game. have a 2011 CC Lux and still being asked "what kind of car is that? its gorgeous". From backup camera in the VW badge to hid headlights that turn with the steering, makes a dad like myself feel like James Bond as my kids would say. But on the buyers side, just the quality for the price is worth it (used is best priced). Its a true German car and you feel it from the time you close the door(only Vw car still made in Germany. this machine handles and performs better than I ever expected (2.0t is a beast) DSG trans can be sluggish on the takeoff if your not heavy foot like i am, but wait for it, wait for it, then WOW. if your looking for a sexy coupe with the versatility of four doors, then the CC is it. Benz started the 4door coupe with the CLS (too big) but VW nailed it with the CC. then Benz rethought it this year with the CLA, smaller to take out the CC but not good enough. Was shocked when my bud and i switch cars one weekend his 2014 CLA for my 2011 CC and i want my CC back so bad and he was just having too much fun driving it. NOT bashing Benz but CLA is not a Benz. CC is the way to go"

Like floating on air; at least on highway driving

By on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cons: "I wish the Lux could come in manual transmission; could only go as high as an R-Line."

"I have an R-Line 6sp manual transmission, Iron Gray, w/ 18in. wheels. My overall experience thus far after 1.5 months is excellent. The sport suspension is a little stiff in neighborhood driving; rough roads are felt but not uncomfortable. With the sport suspension, this is to be expected. The low beams following my turns are a nice feature (safety-wise and looks). The leatherette interior is very good; which I used Lexol to add more UV and dust protection. The trunk is very spacious and with the velcro blocks I can secure storage with ease. Auto-tinting rear-view mirror is a dream come true. Engine power is second-to-none from a value perspective and with a VW, the interior sound driving on the highay is very low (and appreciated). I suspect the difference between the CC and the Sonata, aside from some style changes and pricing is the interior sound. Ample space to store small belongings."

Quiet, stylish

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"Always owned Honda Accords but with the kids away at college we decided to move into something with a little more style. We could not be happier, the most quiet ride that you could imagine, no outside noise at all and a ride that makes me want to drive and drive and drive. There are so many things that I like about this car I just can't name them all, 100% satisfied with my 1st VW purchase. One other thing, we drove our CC for 3 weeks until we saw another one on the road, awesome."

Nice style entry level euro road car

By on Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pros: "Style, ride, driveability"

Cons: "Dated infotainment, VW reliability record"

"I purchased my 2014 CC Sport just over a month ago. I use it as a daily driver 10 miles one way in the NE U.S. This is my 3rd VW in a row and so far, the one I'm least impressed with. The car looks slick but lost style in the 2013 update in a marketing bid called "branding" that makes most VWs look like each other. Otherwise it's a nice looking car with many nice features and those are easily accessible on the website for comparison. I will say that folks that say VWs are expensive are not comparing comparably equipped cars. Some of my favorite things about this car: V-tex seating, love it! AFS headlights, very nice. Overall dash configuration and fold down rear seats. Steering mounted controls are work great. Bluetooth phone integration is awesome. The ride is realy firm so if your looking for a couch on wheels this isn't it. Driving is easy and the 2.0TSI is plenty responsive. The DSG auto works well with the engine but takes some getting used to for those new to this "automated manual" transmission. Things I don't like: Where oh where did the footwell lights go? 34G and no footwell lights? The dash creaks almost all the time and the dealer said "don't hear it". Drivers dash cubby cut my left hand; dealer said "can't fix it". Radio works well but is dated and lacks features found in cheap domestic cars. iPhone hookup buried in the glovebox. I would buy this car again but after I got one that din't sound like the dash is going to fall out going down the road."

Best VW hands down!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Great fun and keeps up with A4's, 3's and C-class"

Cons: "pillar blind spot, storage"

"I've owned the 2010 Sport for 2 years. I have traveled all over Colorado, to Kentucky and back to Northern California. This is the best kept secret in the world. For under $30K I am in the league of A4's, C Class and 3 series. Sport Mode is a dream on the highways and B Roads. I wish they would do one of these on the Jetta platform as the car is a smidge to big for my liking. That being said the only drawback is the pillars a on the big side so keep an eye out on those left turns as it is easy to have someone in that blind spot. This car is neck and neck with my old IS 300 as far as overall fun to drive and comfort. Actually thinking of getting the new one when the lease is up next summer."