2010 Volkswagen CC

Based on 188 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Nice style entry level euro road car

By on Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pros: "Style, ride, driveability"

Cons: "Dated infotainment, VW reliability record"

"I purchased my 2014 CC Sport just over a month ago. I use it as a daily driver 10 miles one way in the NE U.S. This is my 3rd VW in a row and so far, the one I'm least impressed with. The car looks slick but lost style in the 2013 update in a marketing bid called "branding" that makes most VWs look like each other. Otherwise it's a nice looking car with many nice features and those are easily accessible on the website for comparison. I will say that folks that say VWs are expensive are not comparing comparably equipped cars. Some of my favorite things about this car: V-tex seating, love it! AFS headlights, very nice. Overall dash configuration and fold down rear seats. Steering mounted controls are work great. Bluetooth phone integration is awesome. The ride is realy firm so if your looking for a couch on wheels this isn't it. Driving is easy and the 2.0TSI is plenty responsive. The DSG auto works well with the engine but takes some getting used to for those new to this "automated manual" transmission. Things I don't like: Where oh where did the footwell lights go? 34G and no footwell lights? The dash creaks almost all the time and the dealer said "don't hear it". Drivers dash cubby cut my left hand; dealer said "can't fix it". Radio works well but is dated and lacks features found in cheap domestic cars. iPhone hookup buried in the glovebox. I would buy this car again but after I got one that din't sound like the dash is going to fall out going down the road."

Best VW hands down!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Great fun and keeps up with A4's, 3's and C-class"

Cons: "pillar blind spot, storage"

"I've owned the 2010 Sport for 2 years. I have traveled all over Colorado, to Kentucky and back to Northern California. This is the best kept secret in the world. For under $30K I am in the league of A4's, C Class and 3 series. Sport Mode is a dream on the highways and B Roads. I wish they would do one of these on the Jetta platform as the car is a smidge to big for my liking. That being said the only drawback is the pillars a on the big side so keep an eye out on those left turns as it is easy to have someone in that blind spot. This car is neck and neck with my old IS 300 as far as overall fun to drive and comfort. Actually thinking of getting the new one when the lease is up next summer."

Wonderful Auto

By on Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pros: "Sharp, fun to drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "Not a car for large persons, some comfort sacrificed for style."

"As in the world of motorcycles Germany is now setting the standard for performance and affordability in autos which for the past three decades has been dominated by Japan. I have to give Kudos to the U.S. for making great strides in the past 5 years for quiality and value. However, American car makers are not quite where they need to be yet in my eyes. This car has all of the creature comforts you could ask for. It is extremely fun to drive. I agree with the other reviewers who feel that the V6 AWD version is overkill and not worth the substantial decrease in fuel economy and large increase in price. However, if you live in the upper midwest then the added capability may be worth it for the piece of mind for some. Having test driven both engines the only difference is a bit of a smoother torque curve through the rev range, especially at lower rpms. However, the differences between the 4 cyl turbo and the VR6 are minimal. I also found the operating noise to be less in the 4 cyl turbo than the VR6. If you are a fan of German style and engineering and you are not tied to having a certain "badge" on your grill you should be thrilled with this car. My first VW and I doubt it will be my last."

The Beast of the East

By on Monday, April 5, 2010

"This car is the best car i have ever owned!!! I drove the c class benz before i got this and this is much better and the sport that i have gets up in speed"

Love it! Love it! love it!

By on Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Bought it in April 2009 and coming up on 10,000 miles. Fit and finish is great, handles like a dream and very comfortable on. Approximately 65% of my mileage is highway but so far I have AVERAGED 34 mpg combined city & highway; I consistently get 38 - 40 mpg on job trips of 70 - 90 miles on the NYS Thruway. Love it! Love it! Love it!"

2013 CC LUX--Euro Attitude & Road Feel

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "DESIGN, ROAD FEEL, FIT & FINISH, INTERIOR QUALITY"

Cons: "NO REARVIEW CAMERA EXCEPT ON V6; TRICKY VISIBILITY"

"I am a former owner of Audi and Subaru, and this is my first non-AWD car in a long time. After two test drives, the great road feel of the CC sold me. It feels like at Audi but costs thousands less! Unique exterior contours and styling, solid ride, quiet cabin, crisp acceleration, and a sporty drive feel with nicely tuned suspension and a taut German attitude give this car a unique personality. It has an elegant, simply designed interior, zero wind noise and it corners like a sport sedan costing thousands more. Superb looking Euro-designed two-tone upholstery (tan/black) with great back/lumbar support and bolsters, seat heaters and 12-way power seats...although they're not real leather. (At first, I was a little disappointed.) Well-thought out engineering and design features throughout, from the VW CarGo trunk organizer option to the chiller in the glove box and the mini glovebox to the left of the steering wheel (both standard). Simple but easy-to-use navi system, Bluetooth and a decent standard stereo system. I'm 6' feet tall with very long legs and there's no shortage of room for me. Rear a/c vents help cool/warm comfortable rear seats. One thing I wish I could have gotten but couldn't get without upgrading to the unnecessary V6 and that's a back-up camera. This car does present some visibility issues given its low roof line, high trunk, wide center pillar and steeply raked rear window. I've gotten used to it but it is a challenge until you do. I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase. I look for every reason to go for a drive...the longer, the better. Don't even think about buying an A4, a 3 series, a TSX or a G37 until you drive the CC for comparison's sake. (By the way, I didn't rate reliability because I haven't owned the car long enough to know...but so far, so good.)"

Great looking car with reliability issue

By on Monday, August 1, 2016

Pros: "looks, acceleration, fun to drive"

Cons: "reliability, gas mileage"

"I owned my 2010 CC for almost 6 years now with a little over 69000 miles. Here's my honest assessment: Positive: Great looking car-inside and out, Quick acceleration for a 4-cylinder, I love the interior-not overly decorated but looks luxurious. Negative: Reliability is an issue with this car. First, the transmission was replaced at about 36,000 miles since it won't go to reverse. At about 57,000 miles, it stalled on me and it cost me over $3,700 to have it fixed-reason: failed fuel pump and excessive carbon build up. Gas mileage is also terrible; I am averaging around 22 MPG combined city/hi-way driving. Overall, even though I love this car, I don't think I will be buying another Volkswagen."

CALIFORNIA CAR

By on Thursday, June 16, 2016

Pros: "Style, comfort, reliability, drivability, economy"

Cons: "Small rear view mirrors, weak rear window defogger"

"I've owned this 2012 CC since it was new in March of 2011. In that time I have had NOTHING go wrong with the car with the exception of one spark plug mounted coil. I have a couple of niggling complaints that stem from me being to tall to get in and out of the car comfortably, but that's hardly the car's fault. It's comfortable, fast, safe and reliable. I would rather the rear window defogger was a little more powerful and VW stereo systems always seem to be a few years behind, but those are minor issues. And I get 32 mpg averaging 68 mph on freeway trips."

Great vehicle, great looks, good ride, comfortable

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride and more standard features than others"

Cons: "Transmission, touchscreen more difficult than 2010"

"Had a 2010 and loved it. 2010 got better highway milage (36 -37), 2013 gets 29 -30 mpg. We bought a Black 2013 CC Sport Plus which looks and handles better than the 2010. The 18 inch wheels and tires make a big difference, quieter and smoother. Both had 2.0 200 HP Turbo. Plenty of power in the city and highway. Love the new Bi-Xenon self leveling headlights and LED tail lights. Headlights turn up to 15 degrees with the steering. Wife drives it 22 miles each way to work daily and she loves it. She said it is the nicest car she has ever owned. The CC ride is a little stiffer than my 2000 BMW 5 Series but the handling is almost as good. It takes turns like a sportscar. Not real happy with the 6 speed DSG auto transmission w/ Tiptronic. Sometimes it seems not to know what to do. The car comes with everything including auto windshield wipers, self leveling Bi-Xenon headlights, anti slip, anti lock brakes, Electronic Stability Control, 18" alloy wheels, touchscreen nav sys. and audio sys. Heated front seats, heated mirrors, tire pressure monitoring, anti theft alarm with immobilizer theft deterrent and more. Only thing I wish it had is memory seats. Wife is 5'2" and I am 5'11". After she drives I cannot get into the car without adjusting the seats. The car has power front seats not like Japanese cars. Passenger seat adjusts as many positions as the driver seat does. A friend of mine has a CL Benz which I think the VW copied the shape. The front doors in the Benz are much smaller than the CC. I have trouble getting in and out of the Benz but not the CC. The car feels much more expensive than it is. It feels like a sister to the Audi A5 which costs about $12,000 more."

Lovely affordable sport/luxury car and good on gas

By on Sunday, January 6, 2013

"Great car! Best I've owned so far. Lovely affordable sport/luxury car and good on gas. The way it looks is sleek, dynamic and hot. The 2.0T motor mated to the 6-speed DSG tranny is really dynamic. Corners well, quiet inside, nice options. Truly a great car. Drawbacks: although the sound system is decent to good, I would've preferred the "Fender" sound system, but this is not offered as a separate option. Also, the 2 seats in the rear are sporty and has a nice console in the center, but should probably have 3 seats in the backseat(s)."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Incredibly safe in all weather conditions."

Cons: "Should have gotten model with backup camera."

"4Motion V-6 is awesome in all weather conditions. In rain and snow the car handles like on dry pavement. Trip mileage is around 28-29 mpg at 80 mph. OE tires lasted 40k miles. Have driven 600 miles nonstop with no driver fatigue. Car feels solid. Have had many people comment on how beautiful the car is and since VW put no model badging on the car, many ask what model and some have compared it to a Mercedes CLS that cost 3 times as much. Local VW dealership has provided top-notch service."

Sexy, fun, smooth

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, sophisticated, high-tech, comfortable."

Cons: "Not a car for large people."

"I upgraded to a CC from a Passat, which I loved. The CC put me in the league with the fancier Audi, BMW and Mercedes makes. When the valet would bring my car around at a crowded restaurant, it would turn heads. I bought the Lux Plus, with the full sun/moon roof option. The extra glass on the top just sets the car off beautifully. The car is a joy to drive - my wife best sums it up when she uses it instead of her normal Hyundai Santa Fe - 'your car is so smooth'. It is elegant, sophisticated, high-tech and just plain fun."

This is an amazing automobile.

By on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pros: "Excellent value....great German performance."

Cons: "Low roofline...tough getting in."

"This has been one of the most enjoyable automobiles I've ever owned. It performs like a BMW or Audi but for about half the price. The fit and finish are excellent and the looks quite stunning. The turbo four cylinder engine provides both economy (average 34 mpg on hightway) and power when needed. The only slight negative is the low roofline.....I'm 6-1 and have a little difficulty climbing into the cockpit. But once seated very comfortable."

THE BEST!

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "quality for price, fun to drive, gorgeous, MPG g8t"

Cons: "Low seating, visibility compromised w/ low roof"

"Excellent road car with a very sexy exterior. Get 36 MPG on road trips. Adore this vehicle. It is so well made, substantial and very stylish. Compliments galore on the beauty of this car. Driving is a dream with my CC. My first Volkswagen product and it will not be my last!"

I love this car

By on Sunday, September 4, 2016

Pros: "Everything is perfect"

Cons: "Only 2 seats in the back."

"This is definitely a short persons car, which is why the comfort and convenience is at a 9. But this car has given me no problems. Such a low price for an amazing vehicle. Not only does it drive amazingly but it also looks like a new car. People ask me all the time what year it is, expecting me to say 2015. Great car at a great price."

Nice

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "Style, pricing, economy"

Cons: "Transmission hesitation when in stop position."

"Great gas mileage and above avg power. Transmission hesitates from stop position. I was told this is the old race car tranny and it's normal. Comfort is avg, but does have lumbar switch which helps. Overall I like the car for it's style, handling and gas mileage. If your going for looks at a modest price, it's a great choice. If you enjoy the above, but demand more comfort and smooth ride, get an Audi and spend a lot more money. Bottom line, it's German engineering which is always a plus!"

Very nice car for the price.

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful, well made, fun to drive."

Cons: "Narrow seats, premium fuel."

Love the Thunder alloy wheels.

"I love this car. It's good looking, the interior is well made with quality materials. There are plenty of details, like the glove box being lined and the hood not requiring a prop rod, that I probably wouldn't have missed but reflect the effort put into the design. It handles very well and the car never feels underpowered despite the relatively small engine. My only complaints are the narrow seats which can be uncomfortable on long trips and that it requires premium fuel."

Love the Thunder alloy wheels.

Best Vehicle Ever - Upgrading to newer CC soon!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great features for the price."

Cons: "Hanger hooks are inconvenient and impractical."

"Luck would have it that back in 2009 I was ready to purchase my first BMW (pre-owned 500-series); but instead drove away in a brand new VW CC. What an awesome car! I went with the manual transmission (6-speed) for some fun. It drives beautifully! Hugs the road, turns easily, accelerates on a dime...everything you would expect from a sports sedan. What I didn't expect was the luxury features that come with the "standard" model. Dual power/heated front seats, excellent 6-CD/MP3 AM/FM/Satellite audio system, all power windows, with plenty of leg room in the rear seats. And it drives smoothly and quietly (while still offering that "sports car" feel). I will definitely upgrade to the new 2012 model this year!"

Awesome

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"VW is still one of the best bang for your buck. This car is beautiful, it gets a ton of looks. People think it is a much more expensive car and its materials compare to more expensive cars. We have the 4 cyl turbo direct injection engine which powers Audi A4s too. I have recently avg. 34 mpg on a 100 mi. business trip. Combining in town driving we are avg. 27 mpg. It is extremely fast and I've chirped the tires more times than I expected. Only complaint about the engine, it is not as smoothe as VW V6, but my Dad thought he was driving a V8 when he drove my car, does that say something! Luxury ride, pretty quite. Some cost cutting measures compared to past VW, but still more detail than most brands."

Hard to believe it's a VW!

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Most people think we're driving a Mercedes CLS. All seats in the vehicle are extremely comfortable. Standard Features on base model include heated seats (!) and auto-dimming rear view mirror (!). One very excellent feature is the turn-assist lighting when the steering wheel is turned or when your signal is on and the vehicle slows to ~20mph - very cool. Overall this car is a great buy! Only criticisms: should be a 5-seater and the performance on the base model is a little worse than the performance of the Passat base model (even though they have the same engines)."

A pleasure to drive, enjoy having this car.

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Pros: "Attractive, comfortable and reliable vehicle"

Cons: "lacks a backup system"

"The CC is a sporty sedan with good power and fuel economy (35 mpg HY). Slightly stiff suspension keeps you in touch with the road without being annoying. Interior is driver-centric, controls are easily within reach. You are not overwhelmed with buttons on the center stack and has a logical menu system for selecting trip computer options, music etc... Hands free phone works flawlessly. Seats are comfortable. I have had zero problems with this vehicle. Interior rearview mirror could use a back up camera or have sensors in bumper. Hard to tell how close objects are behind you. Winter driving takes some learning with the manual transmission. The turbo and traction control can work against each other in certain situations. Sometimes it helps to disable the traction control. German built car and it shows in quality and reliability."

Quality and Comfort for reasonable price

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "quality, handling and driveability"

Cons: "interior back seat limited to two passengers"

"I have ridden in a $65000 car, and the creature comforts are no different. Wood trim and leather don't feel different, they stroke your ego. This is a quick reliable ride. Maintenance problems have been zero..and everything is covered for three years. A very responsive drive train, and the six speed automatic with three shift options is totally awesome. Negative?- silly two passenger back seat with a divide..the dog hates it"

So far, so good.

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Style,comfort,performance,value"

Cons: "can get pricey in Lux or Executive trim."

"Just bought a new '13 CC Sport Plus, only 600 miles so far, but all is well. I prefer the new refreshed styling versus the '09-'12 CC, looks more upscale to me. These cars are fun to drive without being too thirsty, have unique styling without a total loss of function. In fact it's a more useful/functional car than I expected,try the back seat, it's good place to be. There are a number of nifty comfort/convenience features that often get eliminated from volume mid-size sedans to cut costs. Among "entry-luxury" sedans I think the CC is tough to beat."

Will buy another & another & another...

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "SAFE;GREATmpg;turn small area EASY;unique interior"

Cons: "No backup/parallel park help/brakeslow if 2 close"

"BEAUTIFUL exterior/interior - interior is beige & black on seats, etc. Drives smoothly; low noise from other cars. Has a roll bar, front and side windows all have airbags and anti skid brakes so if raining & you take a sharp turn the car won't roll over -feel VERY safe!! EASILY does "turn arounds" in small areas. Get approximately 24-25 mpg intown and 37-38 mpg interstate. 45,000 miles on it now - have never had a mechanical problem (had the Passat prior to this for 3 years - the Passat CC is better on mileage). WISH IT HAD: Factory installed bluetooth where can press "phone" button on steering wheel; navigation system w/rear camera & "help" to parallel park; if too close to car in front of you car will slow down automatically; moon roof that slides open - NOT angle "up" 4 inches. Apparently 2013 model will have all features."

Great car to drive, look at and be seen in

By on Friday, July 8, 2011

Pros: "Styling, inside and outside, touchscreen audio, driving experience, little luxury touches"

Cons: "limited color options, packaged options and trims instead of individual option choices"

"VW hit a home run with this car. I priced out a Sonata, IS250, G35 and Regal. None felt as good as this car or offer as much bang for the buck. I really love the syling of the exterior. The interior is simple and elegant and look more expensive than it is.If I had to make suggestions for improvement, I would like to see more choices in options like the Dynaudio sound system for the entry model and up, more exciting color options and a diesel option. This is a great car to drive. It feels solid. I made a great decision to get this car."