2009 Volkswagen CC

Based on 188 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Wonderful Car

By on Friday, April 2, 2010

"I love the styling, the power, the fact I get great gas mileage, and the fact that there aren't a bunch of them out there. I often get people looking the car over and admiring it. The navigation system is great. I am 6'5" and often have trouble with headroom - but this car, because of how the moonroof is positioned, has plenty of room. All in all, I am extremely happy with this car!!"

Exciting Car To Drive

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"I absolutely love my CC! It is unlike anything I've ever driven. I don't like driving a car everyone else has. When I look into buying a new vehicle, I much prefer vehicles that are rarely seen around, but look fantastic. The CC definitely fits the bill. My husband is 6'7" and the front leg/head room is unbelievable. He is more comfortable in my car than his full size truck. We recently took a trip to the Midwest and got over 550 miles per tank. My only criticism is there should have been more options for wheels. Although I love the design of the wheels that came with the car, VW should have chromed them. With all the exterior chrome detailing it would have made more sense. I'm currently looking to have them chromed. I am so happy to be a part of the VW family! I'm 100% certain my husband would buy one too if we didn't need a truck for pulling our boat and camper."

DREAM VW

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "true comfort coupe, large trunk luxury in and out"

Cons: "have to be heavy foot for DSG trans"

"After owning 4 Jetta & 2 Passat the CC is a new ball game. have a 2011 CC Lux and still being asked "what kind of car is that? its gorgeous". From backup camera in the VW badge to hid headlights that turn with the steering, makes a dad like myself feel like James Bond as my kids would say. But on the buyers side, just the quality for the price is worth it (used is best priced). Its a true German car and you feel it from the time you close the door(only Vw car still made in Germany. this machine handles and performs better than I ever expected (2.0t is a beast) DSG trans can be sluggish on the takeoff if your not heavy foot like i am, but wait for it, wait for it, then WOW. if your looking for a sexy coupe with the versatility of four doors, then the CC is it. Benz started the 4door coupe with the CLS (too big) but VW nailed it with the CC. then Benz rethought it this year with the CLA, smaller to take out the CC but not good enough. Was shocked when my bud and i switch cars one weekend his 2014 CLA for my 2011 CC and i want my CC back so bad and he was just having too much fun driving it. NOT bashing Benz but CLA is not a Benz. CC is the way to go"

Like floating on air; at least on highway driving

By on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cons: "I wish the Lux could come in manual transmission; could only go as high as an R-Line."

"I have an R-Line 6sp manual transmission, Iron Gray, w/ 18in. wheels. My overall experience thus far after 1.5 months is excellent. The sport suspension is a little stiff in neighborhood driving; rough roads are felt but not uncomfortable. With the sport suspension, this is to be expected. The low beams following my turns are a nice feature (safety-wise and looks). The leatherette interior is very good; which I used Lexol to add more UV and dust protection. The trunk is very spacious and with the velcro blocks I can secure storage with ease. Auto-tinting rear-view mirror is a dream come true. Engine power is second-to-none from a value perspective and with a VW, the interior sound driving on the highay is very low (and appreciated). I suspect the difference between the CC and the Sonata, aside from some style changes and pricing is the interior sound. Ample space to store small belongings."

Quiet, stylish

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"Always owned Honda Accords but with the kids away at college we decided to move into something with a little more style. We could not be happier, the most quiet ride that you could imagine, no outside noise at all and a ride that makes me want to drive and drive and drive. There are so many things that I like about this car I just can't name them all, 100% satisfied with my 1st VW purchase. One other thing, we drove our CC for 3 weeks until we saw another one on the road, awesome."

Nice style entry level euro road car

By on Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pros: "Style, ride, driveability"

Cons: "Dated infotainment, VW reliability record"

"I purchased my 2014 CC Sport just over a month ago. I use it as a daily driver 10 miles one way in the NE U.S. This is my 3rd VW in a row and so far, the one I'm least impressed with. The car looks slick but lost style in the 2013 update in a marketing bid called "branding" that makes most VWs look like each other. Otherwise it's a nice looking car with many nice features and those are easily accessible on the website for comparison. I will say that folks that say VWs are expensive are not comparing comparably equipped cars. Some of my favorite things about this car: V-tex seating, love it! AFS headlights, very nice. Overall dash configuration and fold down rear seats. Steering mounted controls are work great. Bluetooth phone integration is awesome. The ride is realy firm so if your looking for a couch on wheels this isn't it. Driving is easy and the 2.0TSI is plenty responsive. The DSG auto works well with the engine but takes some getting used to for those new to this "automated manual" transmission. Things I don't like: Where oh where did the footwell lights go? 34G and no footwell lights? The dash creaks almost all the time and the dealer said "don't hear it". Drivers dash cubby cut my left hand; dealer said "can't fix it". Radio works well but is dated and lacks features found in cheap domestic cars. iPhone hookup buried in the glovebox. I would buy this car again but after I got one that din't sound like the dash is going to fall out going down the road."

Best VW hands down!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Great fun and keeps up with A4's, 3's and C-class"

Cons: "pillar blind spot, storage"

"I've owned the 2010 Sport for 2 years. I have traveled all over Colorado, to Kentucky and back to Northern California. This is the best kept secret in the world. For under $30K I am in the league of A4's, C Class and 3 series. Sport Mode is a dream on the highways and B Roads. I wish they would do one of these on the Jetta platform as the car is a smidge to big for my liking. That being said the only drawback is the pillars a on the big side so keep an eye out on those left turns as it is easy to have someone in that blind spot. This car is neck and neck with my old IS 300 as far as overall fun to drive and comfort. Actually thinking of getting the new one when the lease is up next summer."

Wonderful Auto

By on Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pros: "Sharp, fun to drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "Not a car for large persons, some comfort sacrificed for style."

"As in the world of motorcycles Germany is now setting the standard for performance and affordability in autos which for the past three decades has been dominated by Japan. I have to give Kudos to the U.S. for making great strides in the past 5 years for quiality and value. However, American car makers are not quite where they need to be yet in my eyes. This car has all of the creature comforts you could ask for. It is extremely fun to drive. I agree with the other reviewers who feel that the V6 AWD version is overkill and not worth the substantial decrease in fuel economy and large increase in price. However, if you live in the upper midwest then the added capability may be worth it for the piece of mind for some. Having test driven both engines the only difference is a bit of a smoother torque curve through the rev range, especially at lower rpms. However, the differences between the 4 cyl turbo and the VR6 are minimal. I also found the operating noise to be less in the 4 cyl turbo than the VR6. If you are a fan of German style and engineering and you are not tied to having a certain "badge" on your grill you should be thrilled with this car. My first VW and I doubt it will be my last."

The Beast of the East

By on Monday, April 5, 2010

"This car is the best car i have ever owned!!! I drove the c class benz before i got this and this is much better and the sport that i have gets up in speed"

Love it! Love it! love it!

By on Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Bought it in April 2009 and coming up on 10,000 miles. Fit and finish is great, handles like a dream and very comfortable on. Approximately 65% of my mileage is highway but so far I have AVERAGED 34 mpg combined city & highway; I consistently get 38 - 40 mpg on job trips of 70 - 90 miles on the NYS Thruway. Love it! Love it! Love it!"