1992 Volkswagen Cabriolet

Based on 28 Ratings for the 1992 - 1993 models.

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"I would recommend this car to anyone. I have owned several throughout the years and I would NEVER buy a different vehicle. It is sporty, fun, reliable, peppy, gets great gas mileage and will last forever. It is a pretty rare car in the midwest so if you find one buy it because the value is ony going to go up. I wuold also recommend getting a manual transmission if you can. They are much more fun and have a lot more get up and go. The only reason I have had more than one is because I bought one wrecked and didn't have the money to fix it and the other was involcved in a legal dispute and I lost it. AWESOME LITTLE CAR."

This a great car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"They are great daily drivers and great on gas............."

Really fun, Great car

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I bought one of these about a year ago at age 20. It was my first car that was MINE. I loved it. It had great gas mileage and only cost me about 2,300.00. It is a great car that combines style, comfort, coolness, and practicality. most convertibles aren't good for much else besides holding two people. The manual version is alot of fun. Unfortunately, someone ran a stop sign and hit me, totalling my car. They are hard to come by in Indiana, so I'm stuck driving a dodge caravan in the mean time, but I'll never stop looking until I find another one."

Fun, cheap, reliable, cool

By on Monday, November 5, 2007

"Had this car for 46,000 miles now, currently has 171,000. Bought the car for $2,500 with an electrical problem. Once that was solved it has never failed to start, never failed to get me where I wanted to go. Cruise all day at 80 and it doesn't get hot. Parts are available everywhere though can be expensive from the dealer. For example, I needed a catalytic converter to pass smog, the dealer wanted $150. A universal fit costing $40 worked fine. Wish I had bought the 5-speed, the 3-speed auto is boring and slow to roll onto the freeway. Rear seating is cramped for 6-footers. Because of the built-in factory rollbar, I've been able to use this car like a truck, carrying box springs, chests of drawers, etc. A lot of fun to cruise Malibu with the top down on a summer's afternoon."

A strong fun car

By on Monday, May 24, 2010

"I bought a 1990 cabriolet from the second owner. I have had the car for two years and have only put $69.00 in it for a new top I bought from Ebay and put on myself. The engine runs as smooth as silk and always starts. Good gas mileage, good "German feel" and people seem to love the car. Great on gas mileage too. The rollbar looks good and is a good safety feature. This is the first four person convertible I have owned. Too bad cars now aren't as good or as fun to drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Cabriolet near Honolulu. See local deals