2001 Volkswagen Cabrio

6.7

Based on 115 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10

Great little car!

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I just love my little '01 Cabrio. It's the second one I've owned. The first didn't have cruise and I bought a 2nd one in '02. I put it away in the winter and drive it in the summer. No problems at all in either car. My 3 granddaughters just love to ride around in it. I've found non-dealer repair people who have worked on most maintenance. Just the usual, tires, brakes, filters, etc. Fun to drive and everyone remarks on how cute it is! The top is great, also, and really keeps the road noise to a minimum."

Unreliable

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"love the way the car drives. Lots of mechanical problems ever since car was purchased. Check engine light is always on, even after it gets fixed it comes right back on. Expensive to fix and not all mechanics repair volkswagons."

Someone killed my car!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "It's a wonderful car! Fun, cute and great driving."

Cons: "Only problem, cup holder in front too short."

"I REALLY loved this car. It was my second Cabrio and if VW stilled made them, I'd be at the dealership choosing my third! Last Friday, some yahoo turned right from the left lane and plowed into the driver's side. I guess he wanted to take me into the gas station with him and pushed me about 50 feet, over the curb and into the station. MY only injuries were a bruised shoulder and general aches. But the car's front axle was broken (It's not supposed to be at a 90º angle from the body of the car!) and the frame badly bent. It only goes to show how well build these cars are! I plan to go buy my 4th VW in a couple of days!"

Horrendous car

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Not enough space to list them all..."

"Just another example of VW going down the tubes. This was my first new car, and what a disappointment. The transmission had to be replaced at 60,000. The electrical system is so bad, and check engine light comes on weekly. If you dare to take it in to any VW service shop you will walk out with a $700 bill (and the light will come back on the following week). Nearly every thing that required assembly has fallen off the interior (lights, buttons, door assembly) and had to get one seat reupholstered. Cant tell you how many times I have been to the shop with this car, and oddly enough the bill is $700 nearly every time (hmmm...). Can you contact VW about all of this? - No way - I dare you to try to find a contact number or email contact for VW (other than your personal service department). This is my second VW car in my life, and I have finally learned my lesson - Never again!"

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"a wonderful starter car for a 16 yr old girl"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Cabrio near Honolulu. See local deals