2013 Volkswagen Beetle

8.1

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

It's everything I dreamed it would be!

By on Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pros: "gas milage, fun to drive, great standard features"

Cons: "you can't drive more than one at a time"

"I've waited 20 years to own this car, and i can say it's lived up to all i've dreamt it would be. The sleek design is a real head turner and i'm always getting compliments on my beetle. Everything from the body shape to the rims are so fitting to this design. I bought my 2012 beetle in April of 2016 and so far so good :). This car offers simplistic layout to high end controls. Including, steering wheel controls, cruise control, push button start, touch screen radio/mp3 player, 2 12v power sources, built in aux, two storage compartments on the dash (glove boxes), panoramic sun roof, mute-color option light details on the interior, excellent sound, and keyless entry. I love the ability to just walk up to my car and open it without having to dig out my keys from my purse, especially in the rain. While it appears small on the outside, once you sit in the beetle it's actually quite roomy! My 6'2'' husband fits comfortably in the front, while my 4' 8'' 8 year old fits with extra space in the backseat. I've had a couple of adults in the backseat and they've commented on how much room it has. As for trunk space, it's on the smaller size, but I can haul a hefty amount of groceries or other items in the back without issue. I have a manual, so I'm not sure about any transmission concerns for the automatic versions, but I have had zero issues with mine. I learned to drive a manual in this car, and I can say it was the easiest experience i've had. It is smooth, easy to engage, and shifts like a dream. It's very responsive and handles like a dream. Now that I have my dream car, i'm not sure i'll ever go to anything else. VW really reinvented a classic into a modern dream, and I couldn't be happier."

Terrific dribers car with cheap components

By on Monday, March 20, 2017

Pros: "Good price, thrifty on gas, amazing to drive"

Cons: "Poor interior quality. Engine issues fixed under w"

"This is an amazing drivers car. With the GTI engine it TAKES OFF! Very stable, fun to drive, and it accommodates a tall driver (64). Interior components are very cheap: lots of hard plastics,flimsy upholstery and seat railings and belts prone to failing. Engine runs well: oil leaks were fixed under warranty, and I am NOT an aggressive driver. Gas mileage is AMAZING at 30mpg consistently, on premium. Rear seats are tiny, and uncomfortable. Styling is beautiful."

an exotic beetle

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "fun fun car head turner"

Cons: "more roar on the engine when you step on gas"

"this is a head turner, looks like porsche. it has a much softer ride than a porshe and it handles the road close to one. has plenty of power up winding hills i drove it up 3,000ft. mountain in drive and it never hesitated in the climb.it also has real good stoping power from its 4 disc brakes. awsome sound system"

Waited all my life for this car..We Love it!!

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "design, interior space, fit and trim, handeling"

Cons: "no center arm rest, seats not easy to adjust"

"When I was a kid growing up in the 70's, my parents owned a 69 Bug. Growing up in Chicago meant in the winter, we still needed to wear coats, gloves, hats and scarfs inside the Bug, because the heaters were....well pretty much useless. Later in life in the mid 80's I spent the summer with my mom in San Diego. Seemed like there was an endless supply of VW's in southern California. I found one at a dealership ('71) that i fell in love with. I wasnt able to buy that car, but I'll never forget drooling over that simple candy apple red Beetle. So, now that I am in my 40's, overweight and no where near the physical shape i was in back then, my wife and I, and 16 year old daughter fell in love with the 2012-2013 newly designed Beetle. Problem was that at nearly 6' tall and 300 pounds, I figured I'd never fit in the car, even though the bug and I share similar shape ( Lol ). So yesterday my wife and i set out to replace one of our vehicles. I suggested that she go ahead and take a test drive with our salesman, to avoid the embarassment of not being able to fit in the car. After they both insisted that I come along, I got into the passenger seat, and I stepped back in time 30 years. I immediately smiled from ear to ear. This was a 2013 black 2.5 automatic. I was so glad that they insisted that I get in it. I fit just fine. Now, for my rating and opinion. I have owned more than 40 cars in my life time. I drove tractor-trailers for years and was a police officer for more than a decade. My opinion may not be "professional" but definitely "well experienced". This car reminded us both very much like thr handling and responsiveness of a 3 series BMW. Both the steering and acceleration is amazing. We now live in rural Arkansas with lots of hills, mountains and curvy roads. This beetle is so fun to drive. The stereo is adequate, fantastic heat and AC. (ha ha) but besides the performance and awesome new look ( lowered roof line ) the interior is suprisingly spacious as compared to Bugs I was used to. Very quiet ride too. There are a couple areas that will take some getting used to though. 1.) lack if center arm rest 2.) adjusting seats between drivers takes a while Other than that we love it, and will start looking for another. I didnt care for the cab forward ash design of the "NEW BEETLE" I LOVE THIS DASH THOUGH. !!!"

LOVE!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2016

Pros: "fast Pretty awesome"

Cons: "NONE"

"I absolutely LOVE the 2016 Beetle Dune! Its fun to Drive! It turns heads every where I go! It's Fast! Awesome Stereo! The exterior is very attractive as well as the interior with the sandstorm yellow accents!"

Amazing

By on Saturday, May 14, 2016

Pros: "Its a Beetle!"

Cons: "If it came in AWD it would be my only car"

"A creative little car with character like no other. Drives great, fuel is remarkable, pick up...very good. Put the top down and within seconds your bad day at work goes bye bye. Apple Car Play is great, you do not need Nav is you have this. Every house hold should have one!"

Love the 2013 Beetle

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"I just bought the 2013 Beetle with Sound, Navigation and Sunroof. I love the way the car handles - very fun to drive. The interior is well thought out and the push button start is pretty cool. I drove a 2002 Turbo before buying this one and I miss the way the back seat could be pulled forward so that the back seat rests could fold flat. The sunroof on the new Beetle does not go all the way back like my old one. Minor differences as I do love this new Beetle...it's also great on gas mileage."

The "Bug" is back!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Sporty and Quick, Comfortable"

Cons: "Plastic Dash!"

"A great little car for the money. If your looking for something with a primo feel and look this is your car. The Turbo model is the way to go! More power and better fuel mileage than the 2.5L. The 2.0 TSI motor is strong and has great reliabilty (I have 2009 VW GTI with the same motor and a lot more miles). The seating is clean and comfortable, even on long 4+ hour trips. Tech and comfort in the car has improved over the out going model(1998-2010). It has enough to keep you happy, but not so much that it takes away from the classic/retro feel."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, overall design"

Cons: "back seat is a little small"

"nice update to a classic design. hints of porche in it's large, masculine lines. great versatile gearbox. technology is easy to use and the interior is well designed. very sporty yet practical. great warranty backed by one of the leading automakers in the world. very sexy fun car!"

Superb German quality - extremely solid

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Great handling like a gokart! Excellent quality"

Cons: "None so far!"

My car on delivery day!

"Had an 07 Civic - no match for the Beetle - very tight and solid construction - excellent handling with the standard Conti tires - the standard 170 hp and 6 speed automatic are quite responsive and smooth. Love the interior - like a mini Audi - everyone thinks it has leather seats - and the heated seats and mirrors are nice to have for winter in NY - radio has great sound - car has been getting about 32 mpg on highway as shown on car's dashboard computer. Beetle gets lots of thumbs-up as the 1967 retro styling is fun to look at. I love the car so much that i am buying a new Golf in the spring to replace my 07 Honda Fit!"

My car on delivery day!

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals