2012 Volkswagen Beetle

8.1

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

My 2014 is the 5th Beetle bought in succession.

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

Pros: "Rides great; more truck space; awesome retro look"

Cons: "Limited retro colors in newer models"

"I am a Beetle lover! No other car has the ability to make me feel like I am 18! I have owned, in succession, 2002, 2005, 2008, and 2010 Convertibles, and now a 2014 hardtop. I did have issues with the convertible tops on the other vehicles. My new Beetle is one of my favorites! It took me awhile to get used to the design when it first appeared. The car rides much nicer than it's predecessors. The sunroof is awesome, I am sold on keyless entry, and the six changer CD player I use constantly, when I don't listen to SIRIUS radio. I put on approximately 24k miles per year. I can't see myself driving anything else. I love my Beetle, and their look never goes out of style and appears dated. They are timeless."

Fun driving with TDI convertible 6 speed manual

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "TDI mileage, fun to drive, convertible enjoyment"

Cons: "auto windows sticking in winter, rear visibility"

"I have the TDI convertible with 6 speed manual transmission. After 10,000 I have had no major problems, it continues to run very well. The only problems I have experienced: 1) The auto windows getting stuck. The windows automatically go down a 1/2 inch when you go to open the door. When the temp first dropped below freezing and there was frost, these would freeze and you couldn't open the doors, then you'd have to reset the power windows. The dealer sprayed some silicon lube on the window seals and that seems to take care of it. But probably need to do that before every cold season. 2) Rear visibility is poor. I knew this going in, you have to be very careful backing out of the driveway, parking spots, changing lanes. Rely more on the side mirrors, and I'm considering an after market reverse camera. 3)There are a few more small paint chips on the hood than I would expect after 8 months and 10,000 miles. Could be all the salt during a harsh winter getting thrown off the road, but I'm keeping an eye on it. Otherwise it is a fun car to drive, but more fun in the warm weather with the top down. The top drops ridiculously fast, I even "raced" the top against a friend's BMW 1 series convertible, and it was much faster. You can put it down while moving up to 30mph too which is nice. Never had a car with Bluetooth either, that is a feature I'm hooked on. Initial acceleration is pretty good, mileage is up around 45mpg on the highway. As a guy, I'm getting less people making fun of it and more people liking it than I expected too."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, May 15, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage, styling gorgeous"

Cons: "none yet"

"I just got my new 2016 Beetle in February and fall more in love with it everyday. I ordered a black one with black interior and sunroof. The retro look is so good with the chrome hub caps and trim. It is comfortable and easy to get in and out of. That could apply to many cars but none have every made me smile just looking at it. The handling is superb on our western Washington roads and mileage is excellent. I love the turbo. The sound system - fantastic! Can't wait for my grandchildren to see it."

Wonderful...So Far

By on Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pros: "Turbo, Retro interior, Handeling"

Cons: "I'm a guy in a beetle :-/"

"Can't complain, yet. I get about 8-9 days out of the gas tank. The Turbo is great. Looks 10 times better than the last design. The red/white/blue interior lighting is amusing as well."

A Classic in Style and Performance

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Fantastic and fun to drive."

Cons: "Well it doesn't have a V-10 and won't seat eight ."

The view you see on the freeway

"Having owned a Porsche 911 ST the Volkswagen 5 cylinder is an excellent alternative to spending a small fortune on a car that still has four wheels and handles like a dream. Comfort an control and awesome ride with power sufficient to cruising from Eugene to San Francisco on I-5 or a more mellow ride down the beautiful scenic Highway 101 Coastal scenic byway. I owned a '59 XK 120 and found out the hard way that only seven bolts hold the frontend on. The Beetle handles as well and is easier on the pocketbook when it comes to service which is an uncommon event compared to either the Porsche or the Jaguar. Like I said a classic car in the making."

The view you see on the freeway

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals