2012 Volkswagen Beetle

8.1

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Very Very Very Good Car

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "all of it"

Cons: "the depreciation"

"This car is way under estimated! Its comfortable, very dependable, entertaining to drive, and quick. The build quality is better than you see in most cars. The only disappointing thing is the vakue after a year is a joke so plan on keeping it. People say it has lost half the value and I have no idea why. The Blue tooth is the best, the Fender stereo is the best out there, the panoramic moonroof is awesome. Its just a remarkable car and I average 25 miles in the city better than the sticker."

Extremely disappointed.

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful looks"

Cons: "Don't trust it - defective in too many ways."

"I bought my VW Beetle 2012 three months ago. Driving off the forecourt I mentioned the window wasn't working properly. I was told it just needed to be reset. Well, not one day has gone by when it hasn't needed to be reset. The tachometer was frozen, and 46 psi in each tire had somehow been overlooked in their haste to sell me this car! I suspect that the speedometer is also malfunctioning. The mileage is also very poor. I love Beetles - my first and second car was a Beetle. I didn't like the 1st re-design and I waited years until I saw this model. I fell in love with the retro look immediately but I've been hugely let-down, by all involved sales/service staff. I want to give them back my car. I just don't want it any more! We keep being told that our concerns are being "escalated" but no one with any authority phones us back as promised - and we end up again with someone who can't arrange for the car to be returned. The men at the top just don't want to know it seems! (So far the tachometer is the only thing that's been fixed.) When I pay $20,000+ for a car I don't expect it to start spending days at the dealership from the very beginning!"

Love it but missing a few things

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Adorable, Roomy in Front"

Cons: "no: arm rest, backseat lights, power seats"

"My beetle is fun to drive. It has an optional sports gear when I need to move fast. I love the new exterior look and the vehicle has never had any mechanical issues. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, despite a few interior items I feel my beetle needs but doesn't have. My beetle needs an arm rest and interior lighting for the center and back of the vehicle. The indoor lights only light the front and everything else is pitch dark at night. The other two items I would really like to have are power seats and control buttons on the steering wheel."

Dealership buying back

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive!"

Cons: "RECALL"

"These cars need to be recalled due to the window issues. However, in order to recall a car, you have to have a fix. Volkswagen is still two months or so away from having a new motor made to be put into the windows. The digital speedometer is off, causing me to receive speeding tickets. The dealership is letting me out of my contract free and clear. You might want to look into this before you buy one. Biggest mistake so far. And yes, I have spoken with Volkswagen USA and all my information is correct. Call if you don't believe me."

You will love this car

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "Very fun to drive. Cool features, sound, nav, etc."

Cons: "Seat belts not adjustable"

"I own the turbo with the DSG auto transmission. I have owned this car for six weeks and absolutly love driving it. This thing will go 0 to 60 in about 6.5 seconds so it has plenty of power. The 19 inch wheels have Continental Tires on them that offer a ride that is smooth as glass. The four wheel disk brakes stop the car very quickly. If you are an average driver and like to have a little fun, this car handles like a race car. The steering is very responsive and tight. The suspension is a little stiff but makes you feel like you are driving a sports car. When you sit in the lether wraped seats, they hug your body. The seat belts are not adjustable and I do find myself lifting it off my neck. The layout of the interior seems to be very well thought out. I have not noticed anything and said "I wish this was over here". The Fender audio system is one of the best sounding factory installed systems I have ever heard. It is a 400 watt system that is well placed throughout the car. There is one 10 inch subwoofer in the back trunk area. It is built into the wall, so you lose a little cargo space. I have had an issue with the driver side window motor malfunctioning but VW has been very helpful with this matter as they are replacing the window motor. The only reason I'm not giving this car a 10 is because there are some things like power seats that would have been a really nice addition. All in all, excellent job VW. Very fun car to drive. Definitly NOT a "chick" car anymore."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals