2012 Volkswagen Beetle

8.1

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

great car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "style comfort reliablilty"

Cons: "no sunroof"

"great car, fun to drive, reliable.."

Reliable, fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Handles road well and very well build!"

Cons: "Hard to get into back seat."

"I have owned many VW's in my lifetime. They are not only reliable, but attractive and fun to drive. They handle the roads well. The VW Beetle seems particularly good in the snow."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, May 15, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage, styling gorgeous"

Cons: "none yet"

"I just got my new 2016 Beetle in February and fall more in love with it everyday. I ordered a black one with black interior and sunroof. The retro look is so good with the chrome hub caps and trim. It is comfortable and easy to get in and out of. That could apply to many cars but none have every made me smile just looking at it. The handling is superb on our western Washington roads and mileage is excellent. I love the turbo. The sound system - fantastic! Can't wait for my grandchildren to see it."

A quirky but unmistakable icon!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Character, comfortable, quick, fun."

Cons: "So-so fuel economy, some interior quality issues"

"I bought my 2012 Beetle as a certified pre-owned vehicle from a local VW dealership. It has been the car of my dreams since I was a kid (even though I am a guy). I bought my Tornado Red bug cash and drove home with a smile on my face. Mine had the window issue, which was replaced under warranty. I also had my seat cushion replaced from collapsing (no, I am not fat), a few speakers replaced due to rattling, and an attempt at silencing some squeaks and rattles in the interior. Everything was replaced effortlessly, but the squeaks and rattles come and go. In the bigger picture, it is a minor issue. It is roomy up front (I am 6ft tall) and is comfortable for extended drives. It rides well and soaks up bumps. It isn't "sporty" but can definitely be tossed around a bit. Mechanically the car is a dream. The 2.5 5 cylinder is the safe way to go; it is a tried and true powertrain with the 6-speed auto. It is not fast, but very torquey and pulls. Gas mileage lags in city, and could be better highway but VW's gas engines were never known to be fuel efficient. I average about 23-24 mpg in mixed driving and 29-30 mpg on full highway trips. Not too bad when you consider the size of the engine and the power you get. All in all, I am completely satisfied with my bug. I plan to never get rid of it and keep it by my side, even as a second car. It is an unmistakable fashion statement and icon. It is something that people of all ages can point out in a crowd. Buy one, but get a later model (2013+) they seemed to have worked the bugs out of those. (no pun intended haha)"

Starter issues

By on Thursday, July 30, 2015

Pros: "Like the style, color, interior, and it's adorable"

Cons: "Better gas mileage w/Mini, not starting regularly."

"I really like my 2014 Beetle. However, several times when I tried to start it, all the lights would come on, but the engine was dead silent. I kept trying and trying and it would eventually start. It was in the repair shop for over two weeks. During this time they replaced the ignition switch and a few other things. Brought it home and when I went to turn it off, the engine quite, but all the dashboard control lights stayed on! I will see what happens... I would really LOVE for this car to be reliable."

best car ever

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "great price, comfort seating, good traction"

Cons: "doesn't pump its own gas"

"This is my 3rd VW Beetle in a row. I had a 1999, 2006 and now this, my 2013. I have traveled the US from Maine to Florida and NJ to CA. I won't drive anything else unless someone would give me a free car. I will only buy VW products. Best comfort for sitting long periods of time. I have even slept in the car comfortably during my travels and I am 5'10". I get about 34 mpg/hwy when the avg norm is 28 mpg/hwy. I recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to haul a houseful, although I have moved a studio apt in mine. Take care of your car and it will take care of you."

Character

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Handling, price, looks, trunk space, heated seats"

Cons: "Put 36K miles on it way too quickly!"

"If you seek bland styling, this is not the car for you. My Launch edition has been terrific. We get a lot of snow and ice, so I use a set of Blizzak tires, and this little buggy goes anywhere. I've passed stuck SUVs and have felt completely safe with the handling of this car. For me, the Beetle has more character and better road feed-back than the Honda Civic. With the rear seats folded down, I have loaded the back up with incredible amounts of stuff (monthly Sam's shopping!). With the hatch open, even brought a full size refrigerator home once."

This is my first VW product, I grew up in '50.

By on Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Pros: "fun drive and handle the road real good."

Cons: "sunroof not needed, wish to tow"

"I traded my Tacoma truck for 2015 Beetle Yellow since I retired from 41 years or work. Almost a year since I got it now have 22,000 on it. The comfort and driving is great. Gas milages are good, too. I have driven in the mountains for skiing and it was fun. I had one problem with the trunk latch won't open during winter cold. I was in Whitefish, MT and had the VW dealer replace it with no problem. I have the sunroof but don't use it very much since the sun glares in your face. To my surprise the color yellow is not on the 2016 anymore. The color is great for finding my car in the parking lot. The only thing I miss about my truck is the 4x4 drive in the snow."

Wonderful peppy sports car

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles great, great looking"

Cons: "no power seats?!"

"I pretend I'm driving a ferrari when I'm driving in Sport... it handles great and really picks up, not to mention how slick the Turbo R-Line looks. My only complaint.... no power seats?! Absolute only complaint. It's great."

Surpised I like this car-car guy ,girl friend car

By on Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pros: "Feels good at speed"

Cons: "Head lights"

"2.0 Turbo Manual,Get over the window promblem fix works as should be. V. W. should of taken care of this up front to eliminate bad press handles well not great high speed very stable linkage very nice throttle response is right on at low R.P.M. nice."

I love this car. It is fast and fun to drive.

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pros: "Fast and fun to drive"

Cons: "none yet"

"Headroom when getting in is low but once your in your fine. We only have 1000 miles on the car so far but I'm sure we're gonna have a lot of fun. Not an family car as the rear leg room is tight at best but we knew that before we bought it."

This is my 10th VW and I have always been thrilled

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, value, fun to drive and curbs well."

Cons: "None."

"This week, I purchased my 10th VW. It's my 7th Beetle--3 were convertibles. The other 3 were Jettas. I have never been disappointed. After owning many other makes, I always come back to VW because of the reliability, value and joy to drive. Several of my Beetles had over 138K miles and still ran great. I've never had a problem with any and hope my luck continues."

Excellent Quallity and Design

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "great price point very fun to drive"

Cons: "back seat accessability"

"Very Sporty Fun to Drive Handles like a sports car. The styling was my first attraction along with the price point."

Not a good car

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "Fuel economy, performance, reliability"

"This is my second time having a VW Beetle. The first one was a 1998 Bug which was a very unreliable car. It had the well known window problems, air conditioning and heater core had to be replaced and at 60K the head gasket cracked. That was the worse car I have ever owned. After that experience I told myself that I would never buy a VW again, well that all changed fourteen years later when the new 2012 beetles arrived. I was thinking that after all of these years the quality and reliability of the VW beetle should have improved. So, I decided to give VW another try, which was a bad mistake. The performance of the car is pretty underwhelming in that it is sluggish and has considerable turbo lag. Further, the fuel economy is poor around 23-26 mpg on premium fuel (turbo model). Poor quality in material, lots of cheap plastics and fabrics in the interior. You would think paying 24k for a car that the interior would have some type of leather covering. The front seats are not holding up well, the seat cushion has pretty much worn away. Therefore when I am driving I am pretty much sitting on the seat frame. Reliability is poor, the blower motor for the heater/ air conditioner failed at 3k miles. Presently, the blower motor for the AC/Heater decided to stop working again so I have an appointment to take the car back to the dealership for the same problem! I have owned this car for one year and it has under 30K miles and it has been in the shop twice. I hate to think about how reliable this car will be in a couple more years."

Toy! fun, fun, fun,.

By on Monday, August 3, 2015

Pros: "Fun!! nothing but."

Cons: "to small to haul a plant stand, or Rocking chair."

"this is a fun car, however to small for me to use daily. I find myself needing a truck more than a convertible."

Not one of the finest Mexico products

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun To Drive Fender is the best"

Cons: "poorly made Mexico product"

"Do not buy one with a sunroof. They are made in Mexico and not strucurally sound. Body creaks, body bangs over bumps, dealer cannot fix after having for nearly 30 days."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Great price. Fun to drive"

"Have owned for 3 years. Fabulous car. Highly recommend"

2014 R-line Review

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Distinct look, clean interior, fender sound"

Cons: "Fair turbo lag."

"My rating is based on a 29k r-line beetle. Overall I love my car. it has a distinct look inside and out and is well worth getting the r-line trim. It has a FENDER sound system which is a true luxury. Interior wise the dash with its touchscreen and "carbon fiber" look is clean. The fabric seats are my least favorite when compared to my brother's fabric seats (2012 Golf GTI). I am 5'7 and my brother is 6'2 and we both fit comfortably driving. Back seat is virtually non-existent without front people pressed against dashboard. Basically a 2-seater. There is a tad of turbo lag which isn't the end of the world in my opinion being that i don't slam the gas pedal at every green light. Average driver may not even notice. VW are good, reliable vehicles for the price."

Outstanding, fun, zippy, smart car!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Funnest car ever!!"

Cons: "Backseat a little uncomfortable for passengers."

"I get more looks and compliments on this car! It is a showstopper everywhere I go heads turn! Funnest car ever!"

very nice vehicle

By on Saturday, September 5, 2015

Pros: "price, gas mileage excellent, easy to drive"

Cons: "not snow friendly"

"The problem I personally have... it is a bit too small for my size.(5'7") It is not the best in snow. Overall.... Great car! fun to drive... easy to park... great on gas."

Love the Beetle!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great sound system"

Cons: "no trunk release inside car, blind spots"

"I wanted a Beetle for 10 years, and I finally got the Turbo convertible when they returned to the market. It is super fun to drive and love the Fender sound system! We also have a Mercedes ML350, but I prefer to drive the Beetle! Aside from a few minor things such as no trunk release from inside the car and the doors ding easily, I love the car!"

The Beetle Classic is the Car to Buy

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Pros: "Looks, comfort, Included Accessories, MPG"

Cons: "None so far!"

"The Classic looks drew our attention, but the included features at a price below other Beetles and most competitors made purchasing our Classic an easy choice. Without adding a "dime", you get automatic, navigation, leather steering wheel with handy on wheel controls, heated seats and mirrors, rear spoiler and more all for the base price. The 1.8 Turbo paired with the 6 speed automatic is quick and efficient. Our MPG for the first 600 miles is holding right at 31.6 with combined highway and in town driving. Go for it; you won't regret your choice!"

love it!

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "love lt"

Cons: "love it"

"love it!!!"

comfortable and economical convertible

By on Monday, February 2, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Electronics.....Maybe"

"So far so good Puts you in a good mood when driving. Concerned about power window issues but none yet."

Form over function

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: ""peppy" drivetrain"

Cons: "uncomfortable, along with poor visibility"

"This review is based on a 7-day rental. My car was in the shop for repairs required by a parking lot hit and run. I was assigned a 2013 Volkswagen Beetle as a loaner for the duration. The VW had 2.5L 5-cyl engine with a 6-spd auto. The drive train was OK. Enough power, but it did not deliver it smoothly. It torqued up quickly, but unevenly - with a lot of noise. The ride and handling were OK but not particularly impressive. The interior was cramped and uncomfortable, and the visibility - both front and rear - was horrible. If you think this car is "cute" and that's all that matters, go ahead and buy it. I think VW builds a quality product (I have owned 4 of them - in the distant past). However, a VW Golf might be a much more practical choice. As I drove my 2009 Accord (with 58,000 miles) home from the shop, it felt like I was driving a brand new car - in comparison. Better ride, handling, visibility, comfort - and it was much quieter. Shop wisely. "Cute" can only take you so far."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals