2012 Volkswagen Beetle

8.1

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

It's everything I dreamed it would be!

By on Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pros: "gas milage, fun to drive, great standard features"

Cons: "you can't drive more than one at a time"

"I've waited 20 years to own this car, and i can say it's lived up to all i've dreamt it would be. The sleek design is a real head turner and i'm always getting compliments on my beetle. Everything from the body shape to the rims are so fitting to this design. I bought my 2012 beetle in April of 2016 and so far so good :). This car offers simplistic layout to high end controls. Including, steering wheel controls, cruise control, push button start, touch screen radio/mp3 player, 2 12v power sources, built in aux, two storage compartments on the dash (glove boxes), panoramic sun roof, mute-color option light details on the interior, excellent sound, and keyless entry. I love the ability to just walk up to my car and open it without having to dig out my keys from my purse, especially in the rain. While it appears small on the outside, once you sit in the beetle it's actually quite roomy! My 6'2'' husband fits comfortably in the front, while my 4' 8'' 8 year old fits with extra space in the backseat. I've had a couple of adults in the backseat and they've commented on how much room it has. As for trunk space, it's on the smaller size, but I can haul a hefty amount of groceries or other items in the back without issue. I have a manual, so I'm not sure about any transmission concerns for the automatic versions, but I have had zero issues with mine. I learned to drive a manual in this car, and I can say it was the easiest experience i've had. It is smooth, easy to engage, and shifts like a dream. It's very responsive and handles like a dream. Now that I have my dream car, i'm not sure i'll ever go to anything else. VW really reinvented a classic into a modern dream, and I couldn't be happier."

an exotic beetle

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "fun fun car head turner"

Cons: "more roar on the engine when you step on gas"

"this is a head turner, looks like porsche. it has a much softer ride than a porshe and it handles the road close to one. has plenty of power up winding hills i drove it up 3,000ft. mountain in drive and it never hesitated in the climb.it also has real good stoping power from its 4 disc brakes. awsome sound system"

LOVE!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2016

Pros: "fast Pretty awesome"

Cons: "NONE"

"I absolutely LOVE the 2016 Beetle Dune! Its fun to Drive! It turns heads every where I go! It's Fast! Awesome Stereo! The exterior is very attractive as well as the interior with the sandstorm yellow accents!"

Love the 2013 Beetle

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"I just bought the 2013 Beetle with Sound, Navigation and Sunroof. I love the way the car handles - very fun to drive. The interior is well thought out and the push button start is pretty cool. I drove a 2002 Turbo before buying this one and I miss the way the back seat could be pulled forward so that the back seat rests could fold flat. The sunroof on the new Beetle does not go all the way back like my old one. Minor differences as I do love this new Beetle...it's also great on gas mileage."

The "Bug" is back!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Sporty and Quick, Comfortable"

Cons: "Plastic Dash!"

"A great little car for the money. If your looking for something with a primo feel and look this is your car. The Turbo model is the way to go! More power and better fuel mileage than the 2.5L. The 2.0 TSI motor is strong and has great reliabilty (I have 2009 VW GTI with the same motor and a lot more miles). The seating is clean and comfortable, even on long 4+ hour trips. Tech and comfort in the car has improved over the out going model(1998-2010). It has enough to keep you happy, but not so much that it takes away from the classic/retro feel."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals