2012 Toyota Yaris

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Easy and fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, Fun to drive, Gas Mileage, Comforatble"

Cons: "No center console"

"When I bought this car I was an inexperienced driver, but when I drove it home I was incredulous at the ease of driving the car. It handles like a dream but it not overly sensitive nor dull. It is comfortable to drive and extremely agile. Most importantly it was affordable, but came with all the features I want. I recommend this car to young drivers who are still getting comfortable driving and to people who want an affordable, agile, and comfortable ride."

nice little car

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2015

"Why do you pass misinformation that this car does not come in a sedan model? I know for a fact that it does, as we bought a 2012 Yaris 4 door sedan for my daughter. It is definitely a 2012."

Enjoyable

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Side view mirrors manual"

"I bought this car recently and have enjoyed driving it. It gets great gas milaeage. I drove to Palm Springs and back on 1/2 a tank. Compared to a bigger car that is really good. Living in Los Angeles means you must have a car. The public transportation is really bad here. So an economical car, that fits my budget, is really necessary. It has a great turning radius and is comfortable. It is larger that my last car, a Nissan Sentra that was 14 years old. The interior is not luxury, but I am not a traveling sales man. I don't live in my car. I just enjoy driving it.It also has five different places to put your drink. Three of them convenient to the driver."

Great car for just out of college!

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

"It was between this car and the KIA rio and honestly I know I made the right choice. The only thing I'm not into is it does shake a bit on the highway when you have a wind speed issue, harder to control than I would have expected."

Really a fun car all around!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pros: "Roomy, All Power, Touch screen, great dashboard"

Cons: "Couldn't find any."

"I sold my 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access cab after 12 years. Didn't need a truck anymore and the mileage was bad. I tried all the Toyotas including the Prius and the Prius C, but I don't drive alot and the battery pack was a ticking bomb needing replacement eventually. I found my 2015 Yaris after searching for a hatchback, I still needed some access in the back but I didn't need a large car and really didn't need 4 doors. My yaris popped up on the search with the Blue Streak Metallic paint and in a 2 door, plus an LE no less. It has cruise, alloy wheels and a center console cup holder that fits my quart bottle of Gatorade. I felt like I was still driving the Tacoma, it was so roomy and the drive was smooth and quiet, due to the extra insulation in the engine compartment and around the cabin. I really enjoy the city driving mileage of 32MPG I get and I can hang a U-turn while going the wrong way in a parking lot and swinging right into the opposite side space. In fact, I make a U-turn on the road and end up in the left lane as though I was always there. Too much fun. It is plenty powerful for me, about the same as the Tacoma and there is no problem getting into traffic or anything you might read from a biased writer. As a former owner of a SS396 1967 Camaro, and a 1988 Corvette, this is the most fun any 67 year old can ask for. Did I mention I found this car with 42K miles and for $9400. So I bought my Tacoma, new, for $22K and sold it for $14K (only 65,000 miles) and bought this for $9400 with warranty and only 2 years old. Not bad!"