2011 Toyota Yaris

Based on 793 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Excellent Value - Easy To Handle, and Park!

By on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pros: "Economical and easy on fuel"

Cons: "Air filter housing will vibrate and rattle."

Photo of My 2007 Yaris 4-Door Sedan Day Before Purchase

"I bought a Yaris to replace my 2006 Scion xA; I was so surprised! This Yaris has more interior room. The Yaris that had been previously leased by one individual only, and the sedan was kept super clean. The dealer cleaned the engine (no steam; could tell it was hand worked with engine degreaser; cleaned the mats and put new tires and front brakes. As far as gas mileage, am getting more than the estimated 29 city / 36 highway (my Scion got 36, consistently in the city and on the highway). The Yaris 4-door sedan is getting 35 city miles per gallon, and about 39-40 highway miles per gallon (and only 87 grade regular fuel). While I LOVED the zip and stability of my Scion--especially the ease in which it always parked and got through traffic, I am finding that my Yaris is as easy to handle, park and move through traffic -- I don't even miss the manual roll-up/roll-down windows! I think the air conditioning cools faster than the Scion did, and am very, very glad to have decided on this car, instead of another Scion."

Photo of My 2007 Yaris 4-Door Sedan Day Before Purchase

Cutest Egg Vehicle!

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Excellent Gas Mileage, Super Cute! Zippy!"

Cons: "No Sunroof :("

"I Bought the Yaris as a gift to myself after graduating college. I average about 32 mpg to about 43 mpg's. (depends on who is driving and where we're driving) I live in Buffalo, in ski country. I have never been stuck, (ABS, and VSC are a major plus)it always starts for me, and is so cute and cozy. For the Yaris being a small car, I can fit a lot of supplies in it. (I go camping and have no problem fitting it all in the yaris) I can fold down the seats and put my two big dogs in it and have them both be comfy. I am also a volunteer EMT, I do not wish people to see my gear in back, so the back cover provided for the trunk is a huge plus, and it helps with privacy. Great Car for not a lot of money!!!"

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"I went from a full size Chevy truck to this car with no problem.I got the S Sedan so no problems with missing anything.My best fill up was 41.7 mpg and worst was 35.3 so I have no complaints about gas mileage.It is much rommier than it appears.The plastic dash does tend to rattle some.The pickup of the car isn't too bad for such a small engine.The wind does whip the car around but nothing that can't be handled so far.I love filling up for 23-27 dollars instead of the 55-60 it took to fill the truck going the same distance."

Overall, I'm Happy

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"Indeed. For the money it's a good car. I got into my Yaris sedan (base model) after leaving my Honda CRV. First impressions: Great mileage! Decent power, comfortable for realitively short hops (100 miles round trip). Center mounted speedmoeter/tach was actually one of the selling points for me. The cupholders atop the airvents were not, but they suffice, that is till winter comes and I'm end up drinking hot soda. Another reviewer merntioned that "flat tire" feeling...I just noticed that today and am somewhat stumped. The two biggest gripes I have are in the trunk lid does not stay up very well when parked even on the smallest incline. On more than one occasion I've had it fall on my head while unloading groceries. And the second gripe revolves around the MP3 connection. When I hook up my iPod there is an annoying "whine" that comes over my speaker system, almost as if there should have been a resistor placed somewhere in the deck. But on the whole, I am very happy with the Yaris and would buy one again except the next time I'll spend a few extra bucks and get the power package."

Great car for thr price!

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"I love taking this car on road trips because of the great gas mileage. I have had some issues with it like the outlet not working for my phone charger and I had to brake hard one time to avoid an accident on the freeway and I have taken it to the dealer many times to check it because it feels like I am driving on a flat since then and it still hasn't been resolved."

Very reliable

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Plenty of comforts for a economy car."

Cons: "Wish I would have waited for rear doors"

"I have owned this car since new. Only standard maintenance has been required. Oil changes at 5000 mile intervals. Still has lots of life left on original brake pads. Paint chips easily. Gets forty miles a gallon at sixty five MPH. Nice little car."

Best vehicle I ever bought

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "ex.value. safe. great pickup.fuel economy"

Cons: "seats not as comfortable as they could be."

"I bought this car new in 2006 although it is a 2007 model and have driven it all over east coast. This car has never let me down. She handles beautifully and for a 4 cylinder has great pick up. With 239,000+ miles on her she still consistently gives me 37 mpg in city and 40 hwy. I change oil every 5,000 miles but only real work I have had done is a new alternator and serpentine belt around 200,000 miles. New front brakes around 215,000 mi and in fact I am still running the original rear brake pads and they still look good after almost 8 years! I am also still using original clutch and it remains nice and tight with no slippage. I love this car! It is hands down the absolute best car I have ever bought and there is no better value or reliability for the money."

Great car, great gas mileage, surprisingly smooth

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"I've owned this car for a year and a half, and I've driven it to and from work daily, as well as from TN to CA and back plus numerous shorter road trips. The Yaris is quite comfortable for the driver and passenger. The back seat is a bit small, but I usually have the seats laid down for my dogs or to haul things around, and for this it's much roomier than you'd expect. I even slept in the back of this thing on several of my road trips. The Yaris handles really well; the turn radius on it is really just amazing. I also don't feel like I'm getting whipped around in the wind on the interstate, like I felt with my old '98 Prizm. The gas mileage is really amazing too - I average about 37 when I'm driving town and interstate, but for interstate road trips I use E85 to get about 40 mpg. I bought this car because I wanted a relatively inexpensive crossover-type vehicle. A hatchback/hauling-type car with good gas mileage were my biggest considerations. I am 100% satisfied with my Yaris and would absolutely recommend it."

35 -40 mpg. Great value. Handles fairly well.

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, reliable, well-built"

Cons: "Don'l like the tail lights or the front view"

"The car is very well built. The doors and hood close securely. I get 35 -40 mpg. When I replaced the tires with performance tires, I got even better mileage. At first I didn't like the center gauges, but I got used to it. The (3) glove boxes are great. I wish it had a center console to store stuff. There is quite a bit of room for a small car. Most people are amazed with the space. I've had oil changes and (1) rear brake change. The Yaris has held up very well, with no problems For $13k, it's the best value on the market."

Quality, excellent MPG, reliable

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "MPG, reliability, quality"

"Over the last two years I have driven over 140000 miles in this car. The only trouble I have had is the gas gauge stopped working at 120000 miles. It doesn't register below 1/4 tank, so I just fuel at 1/4 now. I have been hit 2 times by deer in this car, and only have a ripple in the rear pannel. The car is also excellent in snow. I have drove this car in conditions most people would not be on the road and made it everytime. I purchased this car because I spend a lot of time on the road and I never thought I would be so happy with a car."