ZIP code

2010 Toyota Yaris

Based on 796 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Hey! It's a subcompact

By on Saturday, May 3, 2008

"We have owed our Yaris for almost a year and have over 15,000 miles on it. I have driven it in the blazing sun of a Nevada summer, in rain so bad you couldn't see, 2 feet of snow, and in wind gusts of 50 MPH, even got caught in a dust devil in it. It's a small car, and a 4-cylinder, but I have had no problem passing any vehicle in my travels. We originally bought this car because we needed something reliable after our GM vehicle of only 6 years needed $8,000 worth of repairs. We couldn't be happier with the Yaris. Most people think it's a hybrid and are surprised to find out it's not, but ranks right up there in "greeness" with the hybrids. I love my little car. The best part is not cringing when we have to fill up. I am getting 40 MPH around town and over 43 MPH on the highway. We are religious about maintenance and intend to keep this little sucker until it will run no more."

great gas milage,small car

By on Saturday, February 23, 2008

"pros:Heats up fast on below 0 days. 38 miles per gallon mixed driving plenty of room,easy in and out.With two adults occupying front seats we are able to put two large bicycles in rear of hatch. great in snow,never got stuck in 10 inches of snow. plenty of storage places,great places for drink holders. great ac, great on highway,really quick Cons: leg room a problem if over 6 ft. Blind spot feel evey bump when in back seat hold on tight in gusty winds doing 60 on highways speedometer in middle of dash,I was used to it in 1 day. No cruise. could use more standard stuff,you pay for everything Overall:No problems in 11 mo. and 15000 mi.Great gas milage. Small car no frills. I recommend as every day work car.I would buy again."

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"I went from a full size Chevy truck to this car with no problem.I got the S Sedan so no problems with missing anything.My best fill up was 41.7 mpg and worst was 35.3 so I have no complaints about gas mileage.It is much rommier than it appears.The plastic dash does tend to rattle some.The pickup of the car isn't too bad for such a small engine.The wind does whip the car around but nothing that can't be handled so far.I love filling up for 23-27 dollars instead of the 55-60 it took to fill the truck going the same distance."

Overall, I'm Happy

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"Indeed. For the money it's a good car. I got into my Yaris sedan (base model) after leaving my Honda CRV. First impressions: Great mileage! Decent power, comfortable for realitively short hops (100 miles round trip). Center mounted speedmoeter/tach was actually one of the selling points for me. The cupholders atop the airvents were not, but they suffice, that is till winter comes and I'm end up drinking hot soda. Another reviewer merntioned that "flat tire" feeling...I just noticed that today and am somewhat stumped. The two biggest gripes I have are in the trunk lid does not stay up very well when parked even on the smallest incline. On more than one occasion I've had it fall on my head while unloading groceries. And the second gripe revolves around the MP3 connection. When I hook up my iPod there is an annoying "whine" that comes over my speaker system, almost as if there should have been a resistor placed somewhere in the deck. But on the whole, I am very happy with the Yaris and would buy one again except the next time I'll spend a few extra bucks and get the power package."

Very reliable

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Plenty of comforts for a economy car."

Cons: "Wish I would have waited for rear doors"

"I have owned this car since new. Only standard maintenance has been required. Oil changes at 5000 mile intervals. Still has lots of life left on original brake pads. Paint chips easily. Gets forty miles a gallon at sixty five MPH. Nice little car."

Best vehicle I ever bought

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "ex.value. safe. great pickup.fuel economy"

Cons: "seats not as comfortable as they could be."

"I bought this car new in 2006 although it is a 2007 model and have driven it all over east coast. This car has never let me down. She handles beautifully and for a 4 cylinder has great pick up. With 239,000+ miles on her she still consistently gives me 37 mpg in city and 40 hwy. I change oil every 5,000 miles but only real work I have had done is a new alternator and serpentine belt around 200,000 miles. New front brakes around 215,000 mi and in fact I am still running the original rear brake pads and they still look good after almost 8 years! I am also still using original clutch and it remains nice and tight with no slippage. I love this car! It is hands down the absolute best car I have ever bought and there is no better value or reliability for the money."

A value: cheap to own and run, fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Cheap to run, fix, maintain"

Cons: "Style, no tachometer, slightly uncomfortable"

"I did a few things to my car like adding the factory sway bar, spolier, and some aftermarket rear lights and fog lights...so it doesn't look like other Yaris's. It also gave it much better handling and looks. The manual 5-speed makes this very quick and I suprise many people by keeping up with sports cars off the line...yet I average almost 40 mpgs! While small cars are not for everyone I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas and maintenance....I've don 99% of the work myself. The brakes lasted over 155k!"

Quality, excellent MPG, reliable

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "MPG, reliability, quality"

"Over the last two years I have driven over 140000 miles in this car. The only trouble I have had is the gas gauge stopped working at 120000 miles. It doesn't register below 1/4 tank, so I just fuel at 1/4 now. I have been hit 2 times by deer in this car, and only have a ripple in the rear pannel. The car is also excellent in snow. I have drove this car in conditions most people would not be on the road and made it everytime. I purchased this car because I spend a lot of time on the road and I never thought I would be so happy with a car."

Fantastic Milage

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"Somehow I think they have under rated this car on gas milage... we still get 39 mpg Hwy 33 City after 50,000 miles. We just put on new tires and a new air filter which definitely helped it get back those numbers. One piece of advice, buy good quality replacement tires, the originals never gave this car as good a ride as these do. So far repair free too."

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"I have had my Yaris 5spd 4dr for over a year now. Love the car. I put almost 3500 miles on the car in one week for my honeymoon (yes we were quite comfortable). We averaged 43 MPG over that 3500 miles. I generally get 40+ in the Virginia mountains on a 100 mile round trip commute and extensive in town driving is about 38 MPG. For a non-hybrid car it is most efficient, there are times I wish I had a 6th gear on the 5spd trans. This car can pull a mountain at 90MPH and more if the road would allow (2occupants), in 5th gear I might add. The drink holders, while they seem odd at first, are much more convenient than those down on the shift console of other cars. Like another reviewer, deer extensively damaged mine, however I was able to drive it to the repair shop 30 miles away. On the downside, the material covering the seats could be a bit better quality, they are comfortable but look cheap and are starting to show wear (I have almost 30000 on the car). All in all, it's a great little car. This is my first Toyota, but will not be my last."