2009 Toyota Yaris

Based on 791 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Toyota goes the distance!

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Relability, mpg"

Cons: "oddly shape car."

"I purchased my yaris with 23000 miles, i have had this car for 5 years and the vehicle is at 153000miles. I have never had any major issues on the car. The only work i have had done is normal wear and tear items brakes,tires,belts,air filter,oil change,transmission flush. I can confidently say this car will make to 200000 and more! The mpg is very good especially on the highway. I drive from Eaststroudsburg PA to NY on about 1/3 of a tank. (10-11 gallon tank)"

Great small car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Great on gas. Fold rear seats down for more room"

Cons: "Poor emergency handling."

7 years old and still looks great

"I have used this car daily for the last 7 years. I have replaced the brake pads twice and the brake shoes once. I have changed the oil every 5,000 and had to replace a transaxle seal on the right side. Other than that, I have done nothing but put tires on it and gas into it. I would say that this car does have an issue with emergency control. This car is light weight and no matter what tires you put on, be careful on wet roads. Give plenty of room. If you have to do an emergency stop on wet roads you will not be able to stop in a distance that you would like. In the winter I put Les Schwab Observe tires on it, to get through the snow in the Puget Sound. This car is superior in snow."

7 years old and still looks great

A value: cheap to own and run, fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Cheap to run, fix, maintain"

Cons: "Style, no tachometer, slightly uncomfortable"

"I did a few things to my car like adding the factory sway bar, spolier, and some aftermarket rear lights and fog lights...so it doesn't look like other Yaris's. It also gave it much better handling and looks. The manual 5-speed makes this very quick and I suprise many people by keeping up with sports cars off the line...yet I average almost 40 mpgs! While small cars are not for everyone I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas and maintenance....I've don 99% of the work myself. The brakes lasted over 155k!"

I love this car!!

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "incredible mileage, fun to drive, great quality"

Cons: "seats are a bit firm for my taste"

"I have had my Yaris for 3 years now, and I absolutely love it, I myself stand at 6'3" tall, and I am not cramped in it like most other smaller cars, I have never had any mechanical problems in the 50,000+ miles I have put on it. I find it is absolutely fantastic to drive, loads of fun, handles great, the 106hp engine seems like a low number, but given the extreme light weight of the car it really seems quick, despite what the rating is, I average roughly 41 mpg between city and highway driving, which is outstanding!!! The seats are a bit stiff for anyone planning to drive distance you may want to stop a take a break once in a while, but for me, I live 17 miles from town, and it just makes the commute a pleasant and affordable experience!! I love this car!!!"

Excellent Value - Easy To Handle, and Park!

By on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pros: "Economical and easy on fuel"

Cons: "Air filter housing will vibrate and rattle."

Photo of My 2007 Yaris 4-Door Sedan Day Before Purchase

"I bought a Yaris to replace my 2006 Scion xA; I was so surprised! This Yaris has more interior room. The Yaris that had been previously leased by one individual only, and the sedan was kept super clean. The dealer cleaned the engine (no steam; could tell it was hand worked with engine degreaser; cleaned the mats and put new tires and front brakes. As far as gas mileage, am getting more than the estimated 29 city / 36 highway (my Scion got 36, consistently in the city and on the highway). The Yaris 4-door sedan is getting 35 city miles per gallon, and about 39-40 highway miles per gallon (and only 87 grade regular fuel). While I LOVED the zip and stability of my Scion--especially the ease in which it always parked and got through traffic, I am finding that my Yaris is as easy to handle, park and move through traffic -- I don't even miss the manual roll-up/roll-down windows! I think the air conditioning cools faster than the Scion did, and am very, very glad to have decided on this car, instead of another Scion."

Photo of My 2007 Yaris 4-Door Sedan Day Before Purchase