2008 Toyota Yaris

Based on 796 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

I love this car!!

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "incredible mileage, fun to drive, great quality"

Cons: "seats are a bit firm for my taste"

"I have had my Yaris for 3 years now, and I absolutely love it, I myself stand at 6'3" tall, and I am not cramped in it like most other smaller cars, I have never had any mechanical problems in the 50,000+ miles I have put on it. I find it is absolutely fantastic to drive, loads of fun, handles great, the 106hp engine seems like a low number, but given the extreme light weight of the car it really seems quick, despite what the rating is, I average roughly 41 mpg between city and highway driving, which is outstanding!!! The seats are a bit stiff for anyone planning to drive distance you may want to stop a take a break once in a while, but for me, I live 17 miles from town, and it just makes the commute a pleasant and affordable experience!! I love this car!!!"

Excellent Economical Vehicle -- Most Reliable

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Exceptional Mileage and Good Subcompact car"

Cons: "Little Noisy on Freeway"

"The Car is an excellent in Mileage and very reliable.I have driven many times to Freeway and other roads.It has been pleasant till now."

Excellent Value - Easy To Handle, and Park!

By on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pros: "Economical and easy on fuel"

Cons: "Air filter housing will vibrate and rattle."

Photo of My 2007 Yaris 4-Door Sedan Day Before Purchase

"I bought a Yaris to replace my 2006 Scion xA; I was so surprised! This Yaris has more interior room. The Yaris that had been previously leased by one individual only, and the sedan was kept super clean. The dealer cleaned the engine (no steam; could tell it was hand worked with engine degreaser; cleaned the mats and put new tires and front brakes. As far as gas mileage, am getting more than the estimated 29 city / 36 highway (my Scion got 36, consistently in the city and on the highway). The Yaris 4-door sedan is getting 35 city miles per gallon, and about 39-40 highway miles per gallon (and only 87 grade regular fuel). While I LOVED the zip and stability of my Scion--especially the ease in which it always parked and got through traffic, I am finding that my Yaris is as easy to handle, park and move through traffic -- I don't even miss the manual roll-up/roll-down windows! I think the air conditioning cools faster than the Scion did, and am very, very glad to have decided on this car, instead of another Scion."

Photo of My 2007 Yaris 4-Door Sedan Day Before Purchase

Cutest Egg Vehicle!

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Excellent Gas Mileage, Super Cute! Zippy!"

Cons: "No Sunroof :("

"I Bought the Yaris as a gift to myself after graduating college. I average about 32 mpg to about 43 mpg's. (depends on who is driving and where we're driving) I live in Buffalo, in ski country. I have never been stuck, (ABS, and VSC are a major plus)it always starts for me, and is so cute and cozy. For the Yaris being a small car, I can fit a lot of supplies in it. (I go camping and have no problem fitting it all in the yaris) I can fold down the seats and put my two big dogs in it and have them both be comfy. I am also a volunteer EMT, I do not wish people to see my gear in back, so the back cover provided for the trunk is a huge plus, and it helps with privacy. Great Car for not a lot of money!!!"

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Although it's a pretty good car overall, I definitely would NOT purchase one if it snows where you live. In the snow, no matter what gear it is in, it is all over the road, and it does not like to stop (the brakes resist no matter what I do). It does great in good weather, it's usually fun to drive and it gets great gas mileage, but I definitely will NOT buy one again. I also will not be recommending it to anyone, as I cannot recommend a car I cannot trust."