2008 Toyota Yaris

Based on 795 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Super get about town or medium distance drive car

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Price ok but rising, great mpg, good handling, so ugly it's cute"

Cons: "Not for long distance travel - never intended as such"

"Look, you're not going to get the ride or bells and whistles of a BMW, Mercedes or Cadillac. I bought the Yaris (in '07 at 12K) as a second car, for my work as a volunteer driver for the American Red Cross. On average, I pick up blood donations 4 to 8 times a month in the Buffalo, NY area and drive them to Rochester, NY. These trips average 140 miles round trip. Living in NY, the extortionist tax state, gas prices are always 20 plus cents more than the national average. My Yaris is a miser on gas, averaging 40 /- mpg on the road, depending on weather/traffic conditions, as expected. It now has over 68000 miles and the only things I replaced were front brake pads and plugs (myself - they're easily accessible) at 50000 miles and front tires (shoulda rotated). Now the muffler is grumbling like my beloved wife) and I am going to buy a new one. My Yaris is a 5 speed manual, base car. It served its intended purpose well. Quick manuevering, sporty ride (that's "stiff" to those wanting a marshmallow ride), drives well in snow (I live in Buffalo), reliable - has always started and gone even being non-garage housed, and the hatchback provides all the room I need to transport the coolers and boxes of blood I deliver. I would not venture on a cross country trip in it but that's what I have my Dodge Grand Caravan for - to tow my utility trailer, my mini popup camper and to drive my 5 granddaughters around. If you are looking for a zip about town, economical vehicle, buy this guy!!!!"

Can't kill it

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "low gas milage"

Cons: "not for tall people"

"Gets 36-38 mpg ave just change the oil it just keeps on running and running i will die before my toyota does."

Best little Pick-Up Truck I ever owned!! LOL

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, PARKING!, Price, Surprise...Comfort!"

Cons: "Roll up windows"

My 2009 Yaris Farm Truck! LOL

"I walked onto the lot in 2009 and told the guy I wanted the best gas mileage car on the lot. I didn't care what it was or what it looked like or what options it had with the exception of a/c and a radio. At the time my commute was 80 miles one way and two hours at best. I was filling up every other day and it was killing me. At 35 to 40 mpg life became a breeze but as the Gods would have it 6 months later I was offered early retirement!!! 2 months later and knowing nothing about horses I was offered a job on an Arabian Show Horse farm. My car was then transformed into my farm pick up truck! With the back seat folded down I have packed this vehicle with every tool and screw needed. I can carry up to 8 two by fours 8 foot long. I've carried ten by ten 10 foot long posts. Iv'e carried over 20 60 pound bags of cement! Here's a pic of the back of this vehicle packed with my saws, lumber, tools and chain saws!! I have beat the heck out of this little clown car. I have driven through the horse fields and over dirt and gravel roads. It has never let me down a single time! I change the oil ever 3 thousand miles and fix what I break but it won't die! Imagine a horse farm parking lot filled with huge F-150's and 250's and this little bug!! But unlike those guys I have no monthly payments and I can go 400 miles on 10 gallons of gas!!"

My 2009 Yaris Farm Truck! LOL

Best car ever!

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "GREAT price, drive, easy to park,GREAT on gas!"

Cons: "no mud flaps, leg room in front"

"I have no power ANYTHING! No rear defrost and a 5-speed. Car was brand new and inexpensive!!! Have been rear ended and the car held up pefectly! No engine trouble ever. A little noisy inside the car. Perfect for a single person or a couple with no kids. No real trunk space but the back seat folds down for lots of room!!"

Not meant for the family

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I am a 23 year old mother of a 4 year old with special needs. I was the first person to buy a Yaris sedan at my local dealership March of 2006. My car gets an average of 38 miles to the gallon, after I used slick 50. The unique styling still makes people look at me when I drive by and people still ask if its a hybrid. I love the sport shifter and believe it or not, it only takes a few days to get used to everything in the center console. In fact when I use my husbands' camry, it feels awkard. Cons- If you are a long commuter, the seats are not that comfy. Car seats can fit in the rear, but do not put them in the center because your childs feet will be squished. The trunk can accomadate a stroller and a walker, but nothing else."

love love love love

By on Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Pros: "best ever"

"i got my yaris as my first car when i was 17 as the first owner and i have always loved it and still do, the acceleration isnt crazy but who cares. i freakin love my yaris and still have it. theyre cheap to fix if there is ever a problem and you save loads on gas. i just absolutely love my car. i want a new one in the future but toyotas last forever and i know my car has alot of life left in it. I will only ever get another yaris."

Toyota knows how to build cars!

By on Monday, October 8, 2012

Pros: "Great price. Easy to drive. Much room inside."

Cons: "Absolutely NONE!"

"I bought this car used in 2009. I fell in love with it as soon as I drove it! It has lots of leg room in the back seat. Lots of places to put "stuff" and drink holders on the door instead of in the middle of the car. It has much better pick up for a small car than any Ford, Mercury or Chevy I've ever owned. I like the conciseness of the speedometer, a/c, heat, fan, etc., at the middle of the front console. I am one who keeps my car maintenanced on a regular basis. This car will last me forever!"

this is one hot mama

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"wow i never thought in a million years this car would be able to tow my boat to the U.P of Michigan but it really did, I welding a hitch to the back and hauled er' up der. This baby has some nice power for a little guy and enough room for all my firends. I get a few funny looks when im towing my boat and wearing my stormy kromer but hey im saving lots of gas money you know? This car is just great and i would recommend it to anyone"

Safety, Economy, and Reliability

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"I bought my Yaris in May 2007 and have loved it. It handles beautifully, and I get 38-39 mpg. When I insured it, my insurance rate was actually lower for the brand new Yaris than it had been for the four-year-old Dodge Neon. My insurance agent explained that this is because of the Yaris's high safety rating. I had the opportunity to test out the Yaris's safety features two days ago. Another driver hit ice and slammed into my car at a good speed. My air bag deployed, and the front of my car was completely demolished. HOWEVER, the inside of the car looks as though there was no collision at all. I walked out of the wreck with nothing more than some pretty ugly seat belt bruises and air bag pain. Nothing broken! Needless to say, I'm in the process of purchasing my second Toyota Yaris. I'd highly recommend the car to anyone who is looking for quality, safety, and reliability at a reasonable price."

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Sunday, April 3, 2016

Pros: "Fun, reliable"

"Perfect for me, a short person. Driving position and comfort excellent. Great acceleration. Easy to get a speeding ticket. My 6'2" son fits in the front passenger seat just fine. Lots of cargo room for its size. Convenient placement of controls, cup holders, lots of nice compartments. Only routine maintenance in 1st 90,000 miles. Handles like a go-cart, loves curves up and downhill."