2007 Toyota Yaris

Based on 796 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"This car has been very good to our family over the past four years. It so reliable, not a single problem so far. Great gas mileage. The only complaints are the interior could be a little nicer and its too small for a family of four. Wish I would have waited for the four door. The styling is awesome. It's the cutest car and super fun to drive."

Great car at a great price

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"I have a Yaris S sedan. I've had the car for about 5 years and have just turned over 70,000 miles. I bought the car new. When I was looking at cars I was looking for a 4-door commuter car that had a low price and had a high MPG. I would have bought the standard sedan (no power locks or windows), in order to save some money, but the dealerships in the area didn't have them. Now I'm happy I went with the S sedan model. I love my car! It has been great to me, and of course, I've been good to it. I keep up on regular maintenance, and I haven't had any issue with my car. The only thing that has broken is the latch of the small compartment to the left of the steering wheel. The exterior and interior of the car still look great. The trunk has a lot of room for the size of the car. A friend with a truck helped me move and he was amazed at the amount of stuff (and my packing skills, thank you tetris) I was able to pack into my car. The back seat has a good amount of room. I'm able to fit the large dog kennel I have in the backseat perfectly. The backseat is a bit small if you are a tall person. My brother is a little over 6 feet and he feels a bit cramped in the backseat. The stereo is great, and the car has an AUX plug, which is great on long drives. I do have a few issues with the design of the interior of the car, but I learned to live them since they're really not big deals. One is the placement of the cup holders for the driver and passenger (they are right in front of the air vents), an other is the location of the cruise control, and the last thing I don't like is it has an electronic fuel gauge. Like I said, not big deals. Overall this is a great car at a great price."

Great Car, Great Price

By on Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"I give this car a 5 star rating for a few reasons. for staters it comes in at a great price point, fuel economy is insanely good ( i drove from boston to new york and back on one tank of gas .$30 bucks worth) maintainance is super simple i usually pay for someone to do the oil changes on my cars but in this car everything is easily accessible so I did it myself in 15 mins. Comfort is great and its has good size( I have the sedan). I gave performance a 5 for the sole reason that its not a 370z so I understand its not going to perform like one so for what it is it does the job just fine. I hope to keep this car for about 12 years to get me to and from work. Hope you guys enjoy my review."

Down to earth vehicle

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"This car is a good value for those that don't need all the bells and whistles to bigger cars in exchange for getting better fuel economy and saving money on the overall cost. I have had the car for over a year and have not had any problems out of it. My peeves with this car tho are: 1. There is only one slow window wiper setting, which is annoying on drizzly days, 2. The MP3 jack is an annoying place and its hard to find the hole for it in the dark, 3. The fuel tank is small (around 12 gallons) which means more frequent trips to gas stations, 4. It is hard to check your blind spot on the driver's side, 5. The fuel gauge is not very accurate b/c it displays as 8 bars rather than a gauge so you never know how close you REALLY are to being empty, 6. The speedometer is in the middle of the dash board so it takes getting used to, 7. The cupholders are directly in front of the heater/A/C so they get in the way of it, and 8. Of course the car is small so tall/large people do not like to ride in it, but as a female it is just the right size for my tastes. There's a suprisingly large trunk on the sedan, too. I would recommend the car!"

Perfect little Econo-Box

By on Thursday, December 3, 2009

"I've owned my 2008 Yaris for about 1.5 years, and I have to say I have been very pleased with it. I average 38MPG commuting 30miles each day to/from work (automatic transmission), and have hit 41 on a couple of longer drives. Overall, I'd say this is the perfect vehicle for someone that wants to save some money commuting. The interior is surprisingly spacious, even for my 6'+ friends. The seats were initially stiff, but they've since broken in and are quite comfy. The center-console dash is strange at first, but within a couple of days it felt completely natural. Lots of cup holders and cubbyholes to stash stuff in. The sound system is *okay*, and I wish they had done a bit better a job reducing road noise. A few $ spent on sound dampening would have gone a long way. Overall though, the noise certainly isn't terrible, and cranking up the radio you won't notice. The style of the Yaris is definitely love-it or hate-it. For buyers looking to get one, be warned, these things get dirty! Because of the vehicle's aerodynamics, dirt and/or snow really collects on the rear door. So if you want to keep it looking clean, expect some work there. Speaking of snow, if you live in an icy environment, get some better tires! This vehicle is extremely light, and combine that with the hard tires that come stock, it gets a bit squirrely. I'd definitely recommend buying yourself a set of good snow tires. I did, and I haven't had any more problems since. For summer driving, the stock tires are excellent! I've never had a single problem there be it dry, rainy, or foggy. The vehicle stuck to the road just like it's supposed to! Also, the breaks are simply fantastic! The car is light enough that I can practically stop on the dime, and has definitely gotten me out of a few close encounters. Heater and AC are both good. The coldest time I've driven it in was -45F, at which point I had to bundle up heavier. At -20F it's just fine though, and actually too warm sometimes. The Yaris isn't the spunkiest vehicle around in higher gears, but give it some gas/downshift, and it'll actually accelerate pretty good! For people complaining about not being able to pass, just push the accelerator to the floor and go for it! Works just fine, and you'll still get good gas mileage. So far this rig has been 100% reliable. Even at -45F, provided I plugged it in, this baby fired like a champ. I get my oil changed every 3K miles, and I fully expect this vehicle to go for 100,000+. In conclusion, for someone looking to have a small, cheap, daily driver, this guy is pretty much ideal. For someone with a family, get the 4Dr hatchback or sedan with side curtain airbags. A little bit more money, but the convenience and extra safety is probably worth it."

pretty good...

By on Monday, November 2, 2009

"only negatives: seat hurts back on long drives(hour +), does accelerate slowly but if you are willing to take the rpm's up to 4000 or 4500 you can pretty much do whatever you want positives: loud sound system (not amazing system, but for being standard it is very good), 36-42mpg (40-42mpg were only in first 4 months of car life) but 38 is my most common # now (at 15months), car is built to have oil changes every 5000 miles instead of 3000, odometer in center is easy to adjust to, great heat and ac, rear seat folding is convenient, lots of trunk room, up to 24,000 and no major problems (knock on wood) would recommend :)"

Good Job

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"That's all I have to say to Toyota. When you think of the base price ($12K) and the performance you can't even compare it with anything. I have the Hatchback and it swallows as much cargo as our Park Avenue (of course, rear seats are down in the Yaris but it can fit in the cabin of the PA. I think that the Yaris has gotten bad press especially when compared with the Fit. If I watch my left foot and don't give a flip about the number of people who are flipping me off in my rear view mirror, I'll get 45 mpg. If I get rasty I have never gone below 39 mpg. I don't know where or what AW did to get 30 mpg - took it to the drag strip?? Anyhow, fit and finish is great and, even though some don't like the driving position and the limited modifications to it, I find it just perfect and comfortable. On the highway at 70 it handles great and still gets about 35 mpg (fun to watch the hogs go by getting 20 mpg or less - why don't those liberals get it??). Would I buy another one - you bet ya, first in line!!"

Great Car for the money!

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"We bought our yaris a 2007 hatchback...right when they came out, and we love our yaris! It is Dad's commuter car for work. Never had any issues with it. The car is actually pretty roomie inside, fun to drive, and gets great mpg 34/40. When you fold that back seat down the trunk is huge. We have moved small dresser, bought cribs, it is as big as a large SUV's cargo area. This is a great car for the money! Would highly recommend anyone buying one!"

Best economy car out there!

By on Friday, June 5, 2009

"I have an '07 Yaris Sedan and I am extremely satisfied with the decision to buy. For one, the vehicle is inexpensive enough that I was able to buy NEW on income I was earning as a part-time intern and without a co-signer. Secondly, the car looks really nice and is very feature-rich even at the base. Handling and performance were also of the highest quality that I could expect for that price. Lastly and most importantly...as my career progressed and my income changed significantly, I am now seeking a new vehicle. I am VERY pleased to confirm that my car has maintained a solid resale value for nearly three years. In fact, the price I am expecting to sell for has only seen $2,400 depreciation! Amazing! I strongly recommend this car to anyone who is interested."

Tops for economy!

By on Thursday, March 5, 2009

"I bought my Yaris 3 years ago, and it has not cost me a dime. I get 30 mpg in town, and can get over 40mpg on the highway if I keep it at 65 or below. It has incredible leg and head room for a small car, and I love where the speedometer is located on the dash, although in some reviews, that was considered a negetive. You can not beat this car for cost of ownership."

Perfect for me

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"I am happy with my Yaris. I have the 5 speed stick hatch and get consistently 40+ mpg with driving that puts mpg first. It is certainly not a high performance machine, and I sometimes get honked at for not flooring it at lights. You can push it to do jack rabbit starts but that totally defeats the purpose IMHO. It is small and compact with limited rear passenger and trunk space. The front has more room than my wife's Corolla. The trunk is large enough for groceries, but maybe not for distance traveling. I chose this car in part because we have a motorcycle, bicycles, garden tools, etc. The Yaris was the shortest car available, leaving room in the garage for the other stuff. I sometimes have trouble finding it on parking lots because it's hidden in a gorge of trucks :) I would buy it again because it is a great commuter and more affordable than a Hybrid. It's all in all a good deal for someone who gets a bigger kick from saving gas than having a luxurious vehicle. I do think it could be a tad less expensive for what you get though. I have never had a technical problem of any kind with it. I give it four stars on quality because there are some occasional audible vibrations in the dash, especially in cold temperatures. Also, it tends to crunch when putting in the reverse gear. I have to play with the clutch a bit to avoid that. I think a modern transmission should not do that."

BEST VEHICLE SO FAR ....

By on Monday, September 29, 2008

"I went shopping and looked at 7 different car makes; strictly focusing on mileage and inexpensive cost to get me to/from work. I'm so happy I found the Yaris Hatchback! I got the 2008 because no 2007's were available. I paid $300 more for the anti-lock brakes .. something that I felt should already be included in every Yaris for safety sake. and I paid $600 for the Convenience package (AM/FM/CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack; rear window wiper/defroster, 15" aluminum alloy wheels) My driving commute for work had increased three fold due to a change in work location and driving my Ford Explorer was just killing me on gas! Now, with car payment and gas fillups for the Yaris, I come out about $100 less per month in overall cost. My only regret was that I really wanted the 60/40 split rear seats and that option ONLY comes with the power package ... and because I had wanted to keep the monthly payments down to the minimum, I passed. I had an after market alarm and automatic door locks installed (for the 2 doors; can't do auto lock for the hatchback door) and it was far less than what Toyota would have charged. I do mostly highway driving to get to work and yes, it is a bit S-L-O-W on acceleration to get onto the highway, but for a 4-cylinder, it goes. It handles my shopping needs when I go to Costco and purchase bulk items. I have to watch the front of the vehicle as it is lower than what I am used to driving to see if it will "clear" the parking burm. You can't see the front of the car, so I've had to get used to stopping a few feet from it. I already have a small scrape from one that was a little high. My daughter loves riding it more than the Ford. I was hesitant in selling my Ford because I thought I'd miss the larger size/power/room, but I am a bit more used to the Yaris now that I can part with it. My husband laughed at the Yaris when I brought it home to show him (he drives a Chevy Silverado). But he was amazed and said it had more room than it looked .. even in the backseat! Now, he is considering trading in his truck for a Yaris, too! LOL !!! I have gone through 4 different makes of vehicles (Dodge, Chevy, Mazda, Ford) and TOYOTA is the best !!!! The Yaris is a fun, economical, no frills, get-ya-there, car!"

2 dr Hatchback

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Well have hit the first 1000 miles in my 2 door automatic. I have a bit of a heavy foot , and my daughter was driving around in 3rd instead of drive. Gas milage in a mixture of rual / highway over two tanks is 34.7 MPG. Good points is it is fun to drive. Handles a bit stiff but turns tight. Of course milage is great over my Dodge Ram truck. Very roomy feel in the drivers seat. My daughter says it feels like a mini van. I am 5'10", over 200 lbs and I find it very nice to get into and out of. The back of the seat takes a bit getting used to for my biger frame, but my daughter fits fine. Visibility is good and it has very good power. You are not buying a rocket. I can kick it in and merge on the interstate fine. Now I guess I need to cover the things that take a bit of getting used to. The road noise on some roads will drown out the radio. I think there is a $699 protection option with undercoating; might be worth checking into this. I am going to try to get the noise down by spraying the wheel wells with undercoating. If that does not work, I will probably pull the carpets up and add some sound deading material under them. The Hazard symbol catches light and draws your eyes to it. The steering wheel at first feels like it is to far foward, but you get used to it fairly fast. The seats are stiff, but I figure they will soften up in time. I saw a lot of coments about the drink holders. I actually think the drinks stay colder longer in the front of the air duct. But I did get a wet right leg when the sweat off the drink rand down behind the dash. This is a great car for the price. I bought the bare bone crank down window unit with a cruise only. No power anything. Exactly what I need to run work errands. I see here in the Atlanta area that the demand has driven up the prices. I am actually looking at buying another for my daughter, but if the price stays up, I will go look at something else. Why pay $17,000 for a bare bone car when you can get a fully loaded car that gets 2 or 3 MPG less. I would like to pat Toyota on the back on reporting their MPG. Well done. A very close and true reading of actual MPG that the average driver can expect is on the sticker. \ One other thing I saw, the AC has a filter that has to be changed. Very good! Keeps the dust down."

Reality Check for the Masses

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"This car will meet the NEEDS of 95% of the population. Seating for 4 or seating for 2 and room for lots of groceries. I've read that the downside is acceleration and handling but I think that was driver error. I'm always first to the merge lanes!"

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"This car is great! I've had it for about a year now and I've put about 20k miles on it so far. I get great gas mileage, and I actually think that the pickup is a lot better than other cars I've driven. It isn't the most comfortable car, because there isn't any lumbar support, but I like the new innovations, like tons of compartment space and a center mounted speedometer. This is the first new car I've ever bought, and I'm completely satisfied. I love my automatic door locks and windows, and remote entry is nice. I wish that there was available cruise control, however. The fold flat seats are very convenient-I can get my bike in there! Overall, a great little car!"

Luv It!

By on Sunday, March 9, 2008

"I've put about 30k miles on my Yaris so far, and I love it more every day. It handles any type of weather, it's much much roomier than it appears from the outside. I've packed the back with so much stuff! I have the base package, and wish I'd splurged on cruise control for those long commutes, but the gas mileage is great, it's very comfortable, and I would highly recommend this car!!"

Good little car

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"This is for the sedan with manual transmission. Fuel economy, driving conservatively, is much better than what it claims to have. My lifetime average (40000 miles) is over 45MPG. YMMV Seats have excellent back support. Interior and trunk are roomy for a subcompact. Absolutely nothing has needed to be fixed. This is by no means a luxury or sports car, but everything, down to the littlest detail, is done well."

I love this car!!!

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"I got my Yaris in May of 2006 and I absolutly love it!! The gas alone that it saves makes it worth buying (I had a Toyota Paseo before, which was great on gas mileage, and I STILL save $70 a month on gas...almost an $850 savings a year! I only have to fill my Yaris once every 1 1/2 weeks and I do alot of traveling), adding to that is the look and comfort level. I would (and do) recommend this car to everyone, many people ask me about this vehice, from friends to complete strangers, and I have nothing but great things to say. My Yaris has 15,000 miles on it and still runs like the day I bought it. This is definitly a must have vehicle if you are looking for a sporty, roomy car that is great on gas (mine gets about 39 miles to the gallon!!) comfort, dependability, and affordability."

Great car for what it is

By on Thursday, August 11, 2016

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliability, great city car"

Cons: "uncomfortable, lack of power"

"I am a college student and this is now my third car. It is a great little car for people without kids who mostly drive around town. Very easy to drive and park. It does what it was designed for fantastically, I average about 33 mpg combined and have had no physical issues with it after putting about 9,000 miles on it. However, if you are someone who enjoys driving quickly, I wouldn't recommend this car. It lacks substantial power and requires a downshift to pass at any speed. It doesn't make a particularly nice sound under acceleration either. It is also not a great car for long journeys, the seats are uncomfortable after about 30 minutes in them and there is a lot of road noise. That being said, as a city car it is one of the best deals on the market right now."

Excellent value for the price and reliable

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Great value for the cost; efficient; reliable"

Cons: "Could get even better miliage with improved tech"

"Solid, reliable gas mileage, no significant engine issues, great car for the price. And much more comfortable and would be expected from looking at it. Once the seats are down, can carry quite a lot. And good pick-up for getting out of the way of larger vehicles on the highway, always a concern for compact cars."

I love this car.

By on Friday, April 4, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE, responsive, economical, great visibility"

Cons: "Air flow with the windows open, snow"

"I have been very happy with this car. I have taken care of all routine maintenance on time and that is all I've had to do. This is the only new car I've ever had and I have not been disappointed from the price, to the handling, to the upkeep and running costs. I trust this car which is worth a lot to me. I like that it is zippy. Being a little car in big traffic, I appreciate that. I have had to jam on the brakes due to poor driving of others but have always felt the car could safely handle what I needed it to do. Also, big things actually fit in this car. Seriously! I have moved furniture, bales of straw, and 6+ foot tall people. My tall husband and I drove out to a cousin's wedding several hours away and we were just fine in this car. I've run from Illinois to Louisiana and back and to Florida several times in this vehicle. No complaints."

LOVE this car. She "is Yar!" ;)

By on Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pros: "GREAT mpg; reliable; easy to park/manuver"

Cons: "a few design flaws"

"I bought this car new and have put a lot of miles on it; I did a 100 mile/day commute for two years and a 70 mile/day currently as well as family trips of 1500 miles (round trip). I get 40 mpg on the top half of the tank. I said family trips and I meant it; no, we weren't spread out but we were able to take two adults and two children and their stuff and be comfortable. I love the amount of storage and THAT is a big part of what is holding me back from buying the new one now that I am approaching 100,000 miles... I don't want buyer's remorse! Also, I like that the display is in the center, I think it helps me avoid speeding tickets... Only complaints are basic... the back seat doesn't lay down flat unless it is pushed all the way forward, and then there is a gap in the floor; the sun visors aren't wide enough/need an extendable piece; the hubcaps were poorly sized and broken easily."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, great gas mileage, lots of storage"

Cons: "accelerator placement, not a family car"

"Literally the only thing I don't love about my car is how close the accelerator is to the center council. You have to put your foot at a right angle or sit further to the right side of the seat than it is designed for. It gets great gas mileage,I have not had a single problem with maintenance, it's a great car for two to three people, and has an amazing amount of storage. I highly recommend this car to singles or couples, but not family. The hatchback means you have to pull the seat forward in order to get in back, and that would probably be difficult if you have a car seat."

Yaris is the perfect car for me

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Practical, easy to drive"

Cons: "no cruise control, hard to drive in high winds"

"The Yaris is a practical, reliable, and efficient car. I have had my Yaris for almost 3 years now and I still love it. I am never afraid to volunteer to drive because of the excellent gas mileage. I have taken road trips alone without breaking the bank; I have taken trips with every seat filled as well- its sometimes a tight squeeze (if people want to bring much stuff) but if you put your skinniest friend in the middle/back seat, it isn't too cramped which is surprising for a car its size! I can touch the windshield and hatch-window at the same just by spreading my arms. The seats in back fold flat to the trunk allowing plenty of room in the back for transporting things. "Practical" is the best word I can use to describe it- there are three glove-boxes and 7 cup-holders in a 5-seat vehicle. The only thing I would change about my Yaris is the lack of cruise control as a standard option. I miss cruise control, but not enough to get rid of this car! I love it."

Love this car, would buy another one in a second.

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, cheap to maintain"

Cons: "Not luxury, wish it had four doors"

"Very reliable, great gas mileage, very cheap to maintain. I've had mine for five years and zero things have gone wrong with it. I would buy another one with no hesitation."