2011 Toyota Venza

Based on 251 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

The best value in its size it's a Toyota

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "Handling (AWD), fun to drive, great value, great looking"

"It's been about 13 months since I owned this car. I have the AWD V6 3.5L engine, I just read a review complaining about the car handeling in winter, well, as I live in Nebraska where we get a rough winter I have tried my car in the snow and while we have the black ice as well, I would give it 10/10 in handeling in that weather. This car climbed a hill with black ice on it while all the others couldn't. For sure the reason of that mishandeling performance in that review is because it's a FWD which you shouldn't expect much from it in such that weather. If you live in a state where you get snow you should get the AWD. This car is fun to drive and a very good looking espcially with the 20" wheels. Highly recommend it."

By on Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"It is so comfortable for an aging body. Getting in and out is easy. Lots of leg room in front AND in back. Lots of AC adapters. Deluxe for long trips. Perfect for the over 50 crowd. Super look and more than dreamed of comfort."

Roomy and versatile

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "seating/space; selectable manual gears; looks"

Cons: "tire size; cheap looking fake wood trim"

"My experience with my Venza has been great so far, with two small exceptions. I put a hitch on it, and it tows great, even though it's just the 4 cylinder. It gets pretty good gas mileage (it averages about 22 city and probably 26 highway), and handles well. Replacing its tires is one of the exceptions -- the tire size (245/55/19) makes the replacements super expensive (about $200/tire). Additionally, I am thankful every day that I paid the extra for the Poly Steel coverage -- because the light-colored upholstery shows everything! Overall, though, it's a fantastic car."

Bye BMW... Hello toyota...

By on Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pros: "solid build, realiability, stylish, comfortable"

Cons: "none I can think of"

"I had two used bmw sedans... a 5 series and a 3 series and I put thousands of dollars into each of those cars the first few months I owned both of them. Just as I'd fix one issue... another would soon turn up and cost $1,000 or more to resolve. The 5 series engine blew with little over 125,000 miles on it just after being serviced by the bmw dealer. The 3 series I purchased to replace it was in the shop literally three days after I purchased it for a solenoid issue that cost $450.00 to resolve. The four years I owned that car I put over $5,000 in repairs and it still had maintenance issues. I got fed up with the constant maintenance and decided to check out the Venza after doing a lot of research against the rival models. I ended up purchasing a used 2009 V6 AWD fully loaded with just over 79,000 miles on it. I've had the car for 11 months and not one problem what so ever with it! The ONLY service I've had done on the car is two oil changes since I took ownership. I was fortunate that the previous owner fully loaded the vehicle with everything you can add on. I always found the body style of the Venza very attractive and when the opportunity arrived to own one I jumped on it. This is my first AWD vehicle and I will never go back to two wheel drive again. Both BMW's had HORRIBLE RWD traction in the snow but the AWD on the venza handled great. I love this car and plan to keep it for a very very long time. I'm just now hitting 89,000 miles and feel comfortable I'll get between 200,000 - 300,000 out of it. Toyota is notorious for making high mileage reliable cars and from my experience that reputation has been rightfully earned. The Venza being a crossover vehicle makes the ride height perfect for entering and exiting at my height of 5'6"."

Overall Great Vehicle.

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Safe, Safe, Safe!"

Cons: "Really Expensive, console guillotines foam cups."

"I purchased a 2010 model Venza with the AWD V6 and really have nothing but good things to say about it. My wife and I went all out and got every accessory available except the Rear Seat DVD player(because of the rear moonroof). The car has plenty of room for a family of 4-5, we have a family of 3 and it really worked out well for us. The only reason we got rid of it was because of an uninsured old lady(76 yrs old). She ran a red light at 50mph and collided into me on the drivers side, causing the car to roll over and slide on its roof for several meters. The car handled the collision marvelously and I walked away from the accident with nothing but a couple scrapes on my elbows and a seatbelt burn from the locking and subsequent jerking of my shoulder back into the seat, and not to mention the hanging upside down part of my story. Unfortunately, the car was totalled by my insurance company, and so my wife and I are going to be in the market for another one. The only complaint I had with the car is the center console, if you're not careful it will guillotine your styrofoam drink cups and cause quite a mess. The V6 power was great, gas mileage not so much(avg. 18-21 city, 22-25 hwy), probably caused by the AWD, but I can say from experience the AWD really saved my Floridian butt in the harsh winter storms up north. Trust me when I say the car is definately worth a look, especially if you're like me and worry about the safety of your family and friends while they are on the road."

One word - Sweet!!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, just as nice as it's Lexus version"

Cons: "NONE"

"Handles beautifully, excellent in snow or dry wheather, most comfortable for both driver and passenger, tons of room without spending in fuel costs, good fuel economy, love the leather!! got all the bells and whistles and it's worth it!"

Nice vehicle with some major issues

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Awesome exterior style, JBL Sound System"

Cons: "Rattles, Hard Plastics, Low quality leather"

"The Venza has a great exterior style. The interior of the car is where the issues come to play. The interior is made with very low quality materials. Lots of hard plastics and low quality leather. The Venza has a very firm ride which causes the interior of the car, mainly the dash, and the passenger seat to rattle. There is also alot of road noise and wind noise. The steering wheel has never been straight since the day the car was bought. Has been taken in twice for this issue and is still not fixed. The car is very comfortable to sit in, very large comfy seats, lots of cargo room. The JBL sound systems is great, music and radio sound amazing. The backup camera comes in handy. Driving the Venza feels more like a car than an SUV, except for the firm ride."

Awesome vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"This is my first car in 11 yrs, last one was a Honda Civic. Granted this is a step up, I spent alot of time searching several vehicles. Dream car was Lexus RX 350, was to settle on Honda CRV until I found this one by recommendation of Lexus "guy". I test drove the RX several times and only took me one time to drive the Venza and I was sold. Many of the same features as the RX, drives/handles just as smooth and $10k + less. I got the upscale version, 20in rims, JBL system, panaromic roof, comfort #2 package. I was worried about the 20in rims/tires and took out the "tire" insurance to cover those (inexpensive in comparision to replacement). It even looks like the RX, just longer. I drive city/hiway to work (84 miles a day). This is a great car with no complaints."

excellent unconventional crossover

By on Saturday, August 1, 2009

"i was set on the morano until i checked what toyota had to offer.i love venza's sleek styling and look.best laid out beautifull quality interior all controls at your fingertips and easy to operate.best value in class all around compare.nav system is fantastic.millage exactly as stated.lots of room verry nice comfortable ride.towing is a breeze.this vehicle is trully in a class of its own excellent engenering work beautifully done inside and out"

Love this car!

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

"I am so happy to drive my 2009 Toyota Venza. It is by far the best car I've owned. So comfortable, and Toyota thinks of all the little details. I love it on long trips; it gets good gas mileage and basically floats down the road. There isn't much road noise and the 4cyl still has good pickup. We always opt to take the Venza when we go out because it's so great looking. I'm proud and thankful to own one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Venza near Honolulu. See local deals