2011 Toyota Venza

Based on 251 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

favorite car!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "comfortable to drive, great amenities"

"The Toyota Venza has been my favorite car ever. It is the perfect size with plenty of room for large items with the back seats down, and it has plenty of leg room for back seat passengers. All of the features including bluetooth, sun roof, heated seats, satellite and navigation make it a very convenient car to drive on a daily commute or a road trip. The AWD handled beautifully in the snow. The nature of these crossovers provides great visibility without having to sit too low or climb too high into the seat."

Great car, easy to get into and out off.

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable"

Cons: "Good mileage but should be better."

"Large baggage area. love the sun roofs."

love my Venza

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

"except the leather is so cheap in it!! It looks cheap and feels cheap! EVerything else is great!"

By on Saturday, May 8, 2010

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

Completely Impressed with My Venza

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Very high quality, excellent AWD system"

Cons: "Back-up camera screen could be larger"

"I live in New England where all-wheel drive is a great feature to have in a car. I test drove a Subaru Outback and the Toyota Venza. I opted for an all-wheel drive Venza because it offered a little more room and a lot more style than the Outback. Plus, Toyota has a two year complimentary maintenance program that made it an even better value in my mind. It's great in the snow and I feel safe in it. I have had zero issues with it...no repairs, no squeeks, etc... It drives very nicely on the highway. I bought the 4 cylinder XLE and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Someone told me that the Venza all-wheel drive system is the same one as in the Lexus RX350. That might be why it's so smooth on the road and excellent in the rain and snow."

A Reliable, Comfortable and Stylish car

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Style, reliability, comfort,features"

Cons: "Dash Trim fit, heater controls,tires"

"I used to haul 2X4's in my '04 Accord Sedan. I was hoping Honda would get with the times and build something innovative like an AWD Sport-Sedan Utility Vehicle. Toyota beat them to it. I chose a 4cyl premium package which included Panoramic roof, leather, Backup Camera, electric hatch and a bunch of other things. I compared the 6 cyl against the 4 and felt the 6 to be only marginally quicker... plus the 4 had nicer wheels imo. I'd say the Car is easily 8/10 in every category. The drivetrain is really well matched(engine and transmission) Shifts well, accelerates quickly and I can pass anything on the highway. Ride comfort on long trips is exceptionally good. The back seat room is incredible and with the theatre reclining seating, it's like flying first-class. There are 3 cons as I see it, the first one is in the trim department; the dash components are poorly fitted... things like vent bezels, speaker grills on the dash.. they are misaligned... no ball bearing test there. The next con is the factory tires. I really noticed the ride quality improvement when in Winter, I put Blizzaks on this car and it was actually quieter than the Bridgestone Dueler HL400's that came on it. One positive aspect of ownership is that there are many choices for replacement tires now. Back in 2009/10 tires would have cost about $320 each and it was either Duelers or Toyo Open country. now you can get better tires for around $200 each. Goodyear Assurance Tripletreads would be a very good all season M S tire for this car I believe. If there was something I'd like to see improved other than above, it would be more intuitive/ergonomic heater controls. 3 years and I can't set it without staring at it for 15 seconds. Also, the mirror defrost is part of the rear window defrost circuit but the button only shows the rear window icon. Maybe toyota could add a mirror icon to that button? The rear wiper control always confuses me because the thinking is opposite of what's natural to me. (Maybe Honda trained me to think their way ergonomically... I don't know...) I just can't learn Toyota Ergonomics That's it"

Great vehicle!

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I have had this car for almost 2 years now and have driven it just over 30k miles. The car is great and I have never had any regrets in purchasing it. Ii offers very good performance, is very roomy for everyone (front and back), and a joy to drive. Everyone who has been in my Venza comments on how much they like it. This review is based on a loaded v6 AWD version."

The best of both worlds!!

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "price, great looks, plenty of room, fun drive"

Cons: "only room for 5"

"When we found out my wife was pregnant with our second child, I told her it was time to give up that VW Beetle Bug of hers. Having to haul two kids, two child seats, and a black lab, wasn't going to work if we wanted to cruise in her convertible bug. I have a FJ Cruiser which is another excellent Toyota, and our fun "adventure" vehicle, but we were torn on what to get my wife. We knew right off the bat, we did not want to stray from Toyota, they have been nothing but good to us in all 10 vehicles we have purchased from them!! We test drove the 4runner, the highlander, the sequoia, even the Camry. But then we forgot about this new crossover they came out with a few years ago, and looked into the Venza. Instantly we were in love. The look on the outside is real sharp, even for a Toyota, which is historically known for conservative looking cars. You immediately notice the full front wrap chrome grill, accompanied with impressive 20" chrome wheels (the 5 spoke one) and it just looks sharp. It looks classy like a Lexus RX with a little of sportiness like the matrix. The spoiler gives it a snazzy look, and the option we chose with the panoramic sun roof / moon roof is real sharp looking. The interior is spacious, almost like traveling in a first class air plane. It's huge! Plenty of room for 5 people, or in our case, 2 adults, 2 kids and a dog. We chose the leather / wood grain upgrade, very very comfortable and great looking. The center console is super innovative, with the 14 liter of space available to put all kinds of stuff. The cord management for your iPods / iPhones is a great plus too. The standard audio is pretty clear sounding with nice bass, as well as the Bluetooth option for calls and for streaming your music (gets rid of the use of an auxiliary cord). The only con that we figured out, was the loss of a 3rd row, but we expected that when were looking at crossovers. In the end, if you want the reliability of a Toyota, a car that looks impressive and not to "mommy" and a big enough vehicle for a family with decent MPG, then the Venza is top notch. We also opted for the V6 AWD, which was my push not the wifes. The extra pick up of the V6 and maneuverability of the AWD was a must in my opinion, but the other versions were decently capable."

Love my Venza!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Great price, safety features, roomy, fun"

Cons: "base not great in the snow, plastic dashboard"

"I've wanted this car since it came out in 2009 but waited until 2011 to buy one. I bought the base model 4 cylinder in teal green. I have a son that is 6'4" and he and his basketball friends fit just fine in the backseat.I love that the base comes with so much! The safety features, blue tooth connection, fog lamps, anti lock brakes, traction control, AC, power everything and the list goes on. Yes, the dashboard is "plastic looking" but it wasn't a showstopper for me. I got a great deal on my car and don't regret anything BUT... I wish I would have spend the extra couple of thousand to get AWD. The car is not the greatest in slush or snow. I have never had a fear of driving in the snow (I live in CT), until I drove my Venza in a mild snow storm last year (3 inches). The traction control was no help and I felt like I was fishtailing. I was white knuckled by the time I finished my 45 minute commute. With that said...I would still buy another Venza! I would just get AWD. The BEST part is that my insurance company doesn't consider the Venza an SUV, they consider it a station wagon which makes a big difference in the premium. I pay more a month on my 6 year old mini-van than I do on my brand new Venza!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Venza near Honolulu. See local deals