2009 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

Based on 1011 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

power,comfort,luxury

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I have owned full size dodge and chevrolet pickup's before,but nothing even comes close to this tundra.I bought the limited 4wd double cab and have been extremely pleased!The 5.7 liter V-8 has exceptional power and performance!Very dependable and comfortable.I am presently getting 20.4 mpg hwy @65 mph.Around town and towing a steady 16mpg.This truck is as close to perfect as they come!"

Impressive Inside and Out

By on Friday, February 6, 2009

"Great truck, compares extremely well to my previous F250 Diesel and Dodge Ram. Outpulls, outperforms, and guaranteed to outlast, both physically and in value. Like driving a luxury car, except hoovering over the crowd. This truck is preferred on all family outings simpy because of cavernous back seating area and overall comfort. To date, no issues at all. How many new vehicles can you say that about after 18+ months of ownership. Plus oil changes at my dealer are cheaper than at the quick lube shops, further showing Toyota's desire to satisfy customers and keep them for life!"

283,000 And Won't Quit

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Pros: "Reliable with power."

Cons: "Sheet metal."

"Despite some early hiccups involving the air injection module(one under warranty and one paid by me), this truck has been an absolute rock star. I work as a sales rep in Northern Wisconsin and drive 50k per year, on average. Winters are brutal, with more sand than salt. I tug fourteen face cords per year in the back, and I've put a dozen railroad ties or eight square of shingles in it regularly. It hauls like a 3/4 ton. That being said, I have never owned a vehicle more reliable, capable, and fun to drive than a 5.7L Tundra. I've killed my share of Chevys, but buying a Toyota truck has been the best decision I've made. My only complaint is the sheet metal is thin and dents pretty easy, but it doesn't rust. Regular maintenance, an alternator and a few serpentine belts and it shows no sign of stopping. Has all the power I bought it with. I would drive it anywhere in the country right now with no concerns. In terms of miles, it's been to the moon. It's on it's way home now, at which point we'll name her Apollo 18. 500k here we come. I have no doubt it can do it."

A great truck with super dynamics

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and smooth driver."

Cons: "Not hardly except MPG could be better."

Truck and friends at church outting.

"I bought my 2008 Tundra used in 2009 with about 10K on it. I drove every major 150 out there and this Tundra simply surpassed every other truck I tested. I sold a 2000 Tundra and really wanted an American brand but, sadly, the quality was not there for the money. Even my wife, who drives luxury cars says it rides like a Mercedes on the open road. Gas mileage is O.K. for a big 5.7 lt. motor, nearly 20 MPG at 65-70 MPH. I have the 6 seater bench seat to accomodate grandkiddies and the space is awesome. Just a great runner!"

Truck and friends at church outting.

Awesome Truck Hands Down Best Bang For The Buck

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"At 50,000 miles dealer maintained. I have had no issues whatsoever. Runs great, smooth, and surprisingly gets good gas mileage for the size of the engine. I have the 5.7L 6 speed which is a must if you buy this truck. Don't settle for anything less. I average between city and highway driving 16 miles per gallon. And I have a lead foot and get on it quite a bit. Hands down best truck I've ever owned for its purpose. Rides great, tows awesome its by far best in its class it tows like a 2500 diesel. I had an 11,000 lb 5th wheel and it towed it like a champ. I averaged 10 mpg when towing which is as good as many Ford 3500's! With my old Dodge 5.9L Cummins 2500 i got 13 mpg when towing the same 5th wheel. I sold the 5th wheel but for 2 years towed it everywhere. I had a Reese 15k 5th wheel hitch and with an offset on the trailer hitch I never once came close to jack-knifing the trailer with a 6.5 ft bed. The truck drives almost like a sports car in a trucks body if you get the 5.7L 6 speed transmission. But make sure you get the SR5 or offroad package because it has the 4.3 rear differential. If you get the 4.1 rear diff you're wasting the 6 speed. Trust me I've driven many other Tundras when I drop my truck off at the dealer for routine maintenance. SO LISTEN GET THE 5.7L 6 SPEED WITH THE 4.3 REAR DIFF!"

fast, yet thin sheet metal

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"Excellent acceleration, brakes, and engine but flimsy tailgate sheet metal flexes even under hand pushing down on it. Also, front of cab dented when 250 lb youth atv rested in front of bed and when came to normal slow stop, put a dent/crease in the front of the bed of the truck by the rear window. A Chevy has a stronger/thicker tailgate and front of bed. Also, the interior plastic parts although fit better than Chevy, they are not perfect like they should be."

No Regrets

By on Friday, February 1, 2008

"I bought my 5.7l dc lb 4x4 a week after the went on the market last feb. I have used my truck to haul 2000lb & tow 9000lb and have had not 1 problem. I have no regrets on buying this truck. Gas milage is great for me but i knew i wasnt buying a hybrid. May not be the best daily driver if you never plan on using it to tow or haul. I've read bad reviews about this truck but I've had mine for a year and dont have anything to complain about. --Like any car---treat it right and it will treat you right....."

Awsome Truck!

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"This is my 12th new Toyota since 1980. This truck is by far the best of the best from Toyota. Performance, Handling, Comfort it has it all. I have read all the preceding reviews and can agree with a few minor glitches described within some of them. With a totally new truck design there are going to be a few hitches. Some of the flaws that have been inherent from Toyota since I began driving them still exist today. The windshield when driving into direct sunlight does seem to have some built in specs. The body panels are a bit on the thin side. The towing mirrors are great but need to be folded in when you're in a parking lot as they stick out too far and people walk into them. If you're not going to tow a lot, I highly recommend the standard mirrors or the automatic retracting type. The back up camera is a much needed addition to this truck as there are a some noticeable blind spots. These are some minor details most of which can be corrected easily. What you have underneath it all is complete reliability. Toyota does know how to build a vehicle of this magnitude I have been waiting for years and finally they built a big one!"

My Tundra

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"I thought my last truck was the perfect one (2005 F150 King Ranch Crew Cab). This Tundra Crew Max SR5 is far superior even with less options. I may actually keep this more than my norm of 2-3 years and I've only have had it 3 weeks."

Oustanding Truck!

By on Saturday, August 27, 2016

Pros: "Drives nicely, visibility, mirrors, power, BRAKES!"

Cons: "ride over bumps can be somewhat choppy"

"We own a 2013 Tundra SR5, 4.6L, 4WD, Extended Cab truck. We bought it new and ordered exactly what we wanted. It is my wife's truck and she LOVES it! The tall ride height, huge mirrors and good visibility make it a great truck around town. The 4.6L engine has more than enough power for even spirited driving and the engine and transmission are VERY well refined and well matched (we bought the tow pkg just in case but don't tow anything). The truck drives great, the brakes are INCREDIBLE!! The only real complaint is a choppy ride over really rough roads- wondering if it would ride slightly better on really bad roads with a load of cargo to dampen out the suspension over the bumps. The power steering is just a tad over-assisted, leaving the feeling light but takes out most of the road feel- my wife likes it this way as she is very small and wasn't looking for a vehicle that took physical effort to drive. The heating system is excellent, the A/C is slightly anemic in volume but blows very, very cold air (just not quite enough of it to cool the cabin rapidly enough, in my opinion), and there are no rear vents on our SR5 model. Bumping the bench seat of the base model up to the bucket seats of the SR5 model was definitely a good investment. The SR5 also comes with a power rear sliding window, which works great for quietly pulling air through the cab but you have to remember to close it. When we ordered the truck from the factory, we added the remote start system, step bars, navigation, bed extender, bed rail system, and a few other bells and whistles. The step bars are money very well spent as they are very handy to step up into the truck while using the grab bar on the A-pillar. After purchase, we added a Bed Rug padded bed liner and Undercover hard tonneau- with the bed rails installed over the Bed Rug and the hard tonneau cover, it's like having a 6.5ft car trunk (stays perfectly clean and dry), and the factory bed extender installs into the factory bed rail system and works great for keeping groceries from flying around the truck bed. I wish the stereo system was better though it's not horrible- I don't like the Entune/touch-screen stereo interface (I'd rather have simple radio buttons than a touch screen with multiple levels of menus to cycle through) but my wife is ok with the arrangement- she loves the Bluetooth music streaming from her iPhone. The bins under the rear seats in the Extended Cab model are sufficient for jumper cables, umbrella, bungy cords, a few tools and emergency equipment. The Forest Green color is especially beautiful in the sun. My wife averages about 14mpg around town- not great, but she doesn't drive all that much and we didn't expect much more from a full sized 4WD pickup. The rear view camera is very good at viewing the area directly behind the truck though the viewing screen on the dash washes out a bit in the sun. The camera is nice to ensure you aren't hitting a child or bicycle that is in the blind zone behind the truck bed and the side mirrors are excellent at viewing the area adjacent to the camera's field of view behind the truck- to the point that the camera is almost a secondary source of viewing behind the truck while backing. The camera angle (looking slightly downward) is very good for aligning the vehicle when hooking up a tow or for verifying the position of the rear bumper relative to a parking spot, garage door, etc. We were intending to buy a Tacoma, but after driving both the Tacoma and the Tundra (absolutely no comparison at all in how they drive relative to each other) and comparing prices (no incentives on Tacoma and very good ones on Tundra at the time) and the fuel economy of both trucks (they're not too far apart), we opted for the Tundra and couldn't be happier. I wish we'd bought the Limited version with the nicer interior and heated leather seats, but my wife specifically wanted the style we ordered and she has zero regrets- she's the one who drives it every day. Truck doesn't require much maintenance for our modest mileage and driving, though the owner's manual says to rotate the tires every 5k miles and the oil filter isn't the typical canister (simply spin on/off), it's a filter element that you have to remove the plastic under-skirting to get to, then drain and remove a filter housing to access the replaceable oil filter element. It's not overly difficult, but unless you enjoy working on vehicles, it's possibly best left to a shop who can quickly do it on a vehicle lift, though an 8.5 quart synthetic oil change will certainly cost more than a typical car oil change. Over all, we love the truck and would definitely buy it again."

Seriously great!

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, turning radius, towing, visibility, power"

Cons: "Bump rear window control button with knee."

"This Crewmax has exceeded my expectations. A daily driver over my wifes car. A 10,000 lb camp trailer hauler in steep terrain without a single hesitation. Bench seating for six people on several 1,500 mile trips was just fine. Gas mileage is 15 to 17 year around. Back country muddy roads are no problem. Visibility is great and the back up camera makes for hooking up a breeze. The turning radius impresses everyone that rides with me. I would buy another one if anything happens to my truck."

Beautiful condition, near perfect exterior.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, will perform for years"

Cons: "Miles over 100,000 but with Tundra no problem"

Silver mettalic finish on Double Cab Tundra. Near Perfect exterior--no dints, dents, or scratches

"Even with 142,000 miles, this V8 engine is virtually guaranteed to go 300,000 miles plus. Gear-shift downshifting is smooth and strong. Quiet engine that gets quieter with higher speeds. Hills do not stop acceleration. Premium insulation protects cabin from road noise or engine noise. Jumps to 85 mph from 55 mph in seconds for passing. Interior is spotless. Truck bed looks unused. Hard tonneau cover looks new. Records available. Drive it to believe it."

Awesome truck!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Made in Texas."

Cons: "Gas milage, hard to fit into parking lots."

"This truck's towing power is fantastic. It is rated at just over 10k pounds. The bed is small, so hauling furniture or wood from the home improvement store is difficult. The interior is enormous; which is the main reason to buy the CrewMax. Gas milage is not great, but that's to be expected when you get to this size of vehicle."

Great truck as always!!!!

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

"This is the fourth toyota truck I have owned and the second tundra. I can depend on this truck day end and day out for my work needs and commuting. Took a 2000 mile trip with family and it was Great. I would recommend the crewmax to anyone with a family."

Hands down best truck and I've drove every brand!!

By on Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pros: "maintains value, fun to drive, power out the wazoo"

"This truck is all it was advertised to be! Absolutely love it! I've drove every brand and this is by far the most well rounded truck I've ever owned and drove! It gets put to the test towing and everyday use and it just does so without a complaint. Just keep up on the everyday maintenance and away you go. Most reliable truck on the market, not even a conversation. We had owned a Toyota Sienna for 5 years and was thoroughly impressed with how it had maintained it's value and durability. So I gave the Tundra a shot and will never look back!"

Will do anything I want

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "MPG. But, Hey, its a full size truck."

"I know there are a lot of trucks out there to choose from but by far the Tundra is the most well rounded of them all. The other trucks are great trucks and perform well but lack in a few spots. The Tundra really doesn't have any weak spots."

Tundra Grade Work Truck

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, quality. fuel consumption, 4x4."

Cons: "It is a 1/2 ton."

"Second Tundra. First is a 2006 Limited driven by my wife. I wanted something new without frills for me even though I am retired. Got the big v-8 and 8 ft bed. I don't know why, but I actually thought that this was a heavy duty truck comparable with a 3/4 ton. Found out differently. it is truly a 1/2 ton and maybe a hd 1/2 ton, but not a 3/4 ton. It is a good truck so far. Best mileage was 20.8 without a load on a 135 mile trip with only 2,000 miles on it. Worst was 15 something, again without a load using it around town and some highway driving. Not bad I guess. Towing it did ok with a hd trailer and another vehicle on it. No mileage recorded because it was a short 50 mile tow. The rear did sag quite a bit though. The other issue is that I don't know if it will take a camper or not. Mileage has been good, performance has been good and quality is good. My true problem is that my last 4 pickups have been 2 Dodge diesel 1 ton duallys and 2 Dodge diesel 3/4 tons. So I am somewhat disappointed in the utility of the truck. But with diesel .60 to .80 cents a gallon more that gas I figured I would try a gas truck. Now I am having second thoughts. maybe after owning it for a while longer I will get a truly better feeling for the truck. Only time will tell."

Traded a 2007 Avalanche LTZ 4 the 2012 Tundra

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cons: "passanger seat is a 4way not 8 way like the driver"

"The Tundra Exceeds all my expectations there are only minor things I miss from my Avalanche like auto wipers, when you locked the doors it locked the tailgate also, the auto start would turn the heat or a/c on and the tire pressure monitors told you how much pressure was in each tire. But beyond that its not even close the Tundras ride and power far exceed the chevy. the saftey features, blue tooth stereo, quality engineering,factory spray-in bed liner, roomy interior and big dog good looking exterior make the Tundra a hard number to beat. Fuel mileage is actually 2 miles better per gallon than the Avalanche, not what the sicke said. And the Whole back window lets down with a push of a button."

Good bye SUV

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Fast roomy rugged"

Cons: "Plastic inside"

"Just got this amazing truck. We had a Sequioa. Then we moved up to a Mercedes Benz 450GL. It was the GL we retired to buy this truck. It's as fast as that M-B. My 4 boys are either almost 6 feet or over 6 foot like me. We just don't fit in the SUV. We got the bench seat CrewMax which is hard to find so that we can bring my teenie wife with us. We love that it is made near our ranch in Texas. Can't wait til summer. We are headed out for 3 months of road tripping through Rockies, Cali and the Pacific NW"

This truck saved my life.

By on Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pros: "roomy, powerful ,comfortable and SAFE"

Cons: "hard to park or back in limited spaces"

"I loved this truck although parking could be a problem since it had an 8 ft bed. We mainly used it as a farm truck and it never failed to haul or stop with ease no matter how big the load. Unfortunately it was totaled when I was hit head on by another truck. I survived with no broken bones only lots of deep bruises and my passenger only had a broken nose. Both of would have most likely have died as did the driver of the other truck if we had not been in the Tundra."

Very strong truck.

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Engine, room, comfort, handles well, reliability"

Cons: "They could use less interior platic"

"This truck tows great, the crewmax itnerior is crazy large, truck is a rocket unloaded, engine and transmission are very smooth, mileage is actually very good with 16mpg in mixed driving, reliablity has been great. Only negative I can find with this truck is a cheap platic dash that has warped a little with the sun and rattles with the cold... I don't have any other problems with the truck. All in all, this truck has been a great truck."

Worth the pain at the pump for me.

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

"I get a good 15-16 mpg in mixed kinds of driving. Over 20 mpg on the highway with easy throttle. If I keep my speed down, I can just barley get 14 mpg towing my double axle boat trailer on the highway. It loves gas, but that's not too bad for a truck. I have a smaller and a little more economical Tacoma, but I take my Tundra to work almost every day because of how enjoyable it is to drive. It's big, but it handles very well, turns easily and has tons of power. It's a great, reliable truck that's strong enough for almost everything the average persons needs but still easy enough to live with everyday."

LOVE this beautiful truck

By on Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pros: "Safety, style, ride, towing ease"

"This is my 4th Toyota Truck. I stil own every one of them, a 1999 , a 2004, a 2005 and now the 2011. They are all VERY reliable, have cost me nothing but basic maintainence to run them and my 1999 has the original clutch with 250,000 miles on it! I would never consider any other truck! My 2011 is a BIG truck but the safety aspect alone makes it well worth its value."

Love my truck, its solid as a rock

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and strong. Great aceleration, drives gr"

Cons: "wish I bough a 4x4"

"I love my truck and will buy another Toyota"

AMAZING TRUCK!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Very fun to drive, looks great, fast, roomy, quiet"

Cons: "Glove boxes a bit small"

Just took a bath!

"This truck is pure power. I've had it for half a year now, drove from Texas to Arizona and back with a pregnant girlfriend that slept the entire way and it was the most comfortable ride ever. Great pick up power and it drives so smooth. When I first started driving it I had a bit of a problem gauging myself on the road but it quickly went away. It feels as if the truck molded to my style of driving. Let’s just say it does exactly what I want it to do, exactly when I want it to be done. Super roomy, very quiet, and not as bad on gas as I thought it would be. I had a 2001 Dodge Ram V6 before this monster of a V8 that I have now and with gas prices how they are now I've saved almost $200 a month on gas alone. You can't go wrong with this beauty..."

Just took a bath!