2006 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1243 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Excellent manuevability

By on Friday, June 10, 2016

Pros: "comfortable, good pick up and go."

"Driving my Tundra has been a pleasure the truck still drives like new, color has not faded shinny as a brand new penny when washed. I am short however seat adjust well to allow me to drive without any visual hindrance i.e. hood does not block view of road. I love being high up see road ahead clearly around other cars in front of me. The height is high so I installed running boards as step up to the driver seat. I love speed, this truck has gitty-up and go along side any other fast vehicles."

Best ride

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, best driving"

Cons: "poor fuel mileage"

"The 2006 Tundra access cab 4X4 TRD is the best riding/handling truck I've ever driven. I'm sure that the TRD package has a lot to do with that, it will take speed bumps like they're not even there. The size of the truck is perfect for everyday driving and women will like it over larger trucks. The interior is very comfortable and all the controls are conveniently located. When they first came out with this model I did not like the rear suicide doors, now that I own one I love them. It allows you to access the rear of the cab without walking around a door. Since it is an access cab and not a crew cab the rear seating is more suited for packages rather than passengers. Unlike so many rack & pinion steering systems this truck steers easy and still has a feel for the road, the AC system is ice cold. A set of rear leaf springs were added to aid in towing and only seem to add to the handling. After six years of use, nothing has broken or fallen off, inside or out. The only issue with this truck is the fuel mileage, with the 4X4 package it only gets 12 mpg using E-10 87 octane, 10mpg pulling 4,000 lbs and 8mpg pulling 8,000 lbs. If you can get past the mileage this is the best most dependable truck on the market!"

Great Truck

By on Thursday, January 26, 2017

Pros: "Quality, Relibility, Handling"

Cons: "Trim"

"Change Oil, Tires, Battery is all it needs. Bought at 42K and now 103K miles, time for timing belt but it still drives as the day it was purchased. Like the mid size and ground clearance for 4x4'ing. So comfy and roomy to drive that we drive this on long trips over my wife's Lexus sedan."

THE BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWN

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

"I bought my Tundra new in May 2003 with 15 miles on the odometer, ten year later now it has 107,754 miles, it still drives like it just came out of the showroom. It has comfortable ride, super smooth and quiet engine. There are no mechanical problems. I really recommend this truck to everyone."

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Safe, good looking, fast, powerful!!"

Cons: "Turning radious a little tight."

"This truck has been so reliable and fun too. We use it for fun and family. We have never had any problems with out Tundra and we would reccomend it to anyone:)"

06 Tundra

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Great overall truck. Big Engine, not so heavy truck= very fast. i'm in a lease so i cant put any mods on yet, just the duals i got on the exhuast. it performs well off-road to. I am from WV, so i do alot of off-road driving. only a couple problems i noticed. as with all trucks its ahrd to get traction without weight in the back. the other, the stepside bed doesnt tow as much as the regular bed. of course both with all kinds of trucks, not just toyota. some good things, the engine isnt built into the dashboard, like the new fords. lots of space around the engine, not very foreign design. another great feature, the gas mileage. its incredible for a 4.7 v8 truck."

Great and reliable truck.

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "Good towing power, comfortable, RELIABLE!!"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"My 2004 Limited Tundra 4x4 has always been reliable and very comfortable for long distance drives. I bought it used and put almost 60k on it within four years and it still rides great. Just change the oil every 5k and the truck keeps on going. Only things I've replaced are tires and a battery. If your looking for a comfortable, reliable truck, with good towing power, then I'd highly recommend a Tundra."

Toyota Tundra

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I have absolutely loved this truck since buying in 2004. However, I go back and forth as far as recommending to a friend for purchase due to the problems with the brakes that Tundra's are apparently known for. Repeated trips to the dealership and lack of response on Toyota's behalf have left me with a bad feeling towards ever purchasing another Toyota - something I never thought I'd say. Low Quality rated simply due to the brakes. All else has been fine."

Outstanding Truck

By on Monday, December 12, 2016

Pros: "DEPENDAABLE, RELIABLE QUALITY VEHICLE...GREAT RIDE"

Cons: "LIKES GAS...15 MPG HWY BUT 11 PULLING BOAT"

"I have 105000 miles on this truck and the only three problems thus far are; SIDE MIRROR LOSE...TOOTHPICK WORKS GREAT. LIGHT BEHIND "D" FOR DRIVE IS OUT....IF YOU NEED A LIGHT...YOU SHOULDN'T DRIVE! FUEL SENDING UNIT HAS SHORT BUT STILL WORKS! ORIGINAL SPARK PLUGS---TRADING OFF OR WOULD CHANGE CHANGED TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE COOLANT SYSTEM AT 100,000 MILES LIFE TIME FREE OIL CHANGES PURCHASED WITH TRUCK SO OIL CHANGED EVERY 3000 MILES SINCE NEW. HAS BILSTEIN SHOCKS OR TRD PACKAGE BUT WITHOUT STICKER."

Out of six new cars/trucks this has been THE BEST!

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, drive and RELIABILITY!!!!"

Cons: "Gas mileage and turning radius"

"Gas mileage has not been the best but the quality of the build and the reliability of this truck are beyond any vehicle I've owned before and do make up for the mpg. I have 306000 miles on this truck and not a single drop of oil being burnt or left on anybody's driveway. It was not built with noisy mufflers and race car horsepower, just rock solid dependability with the good basic essentials. Great truck that is ten years old and going strong!"